Viking Ship Locations

Dukefan

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Interesting it is Star given Sea is slated to do the new cruises that are homeported there. 

I'm wondering if the Star is going to Malta so the crew can be vaccinated.  That's where Venus' crew received their vaccines.

11 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Interesting it is Star given Sea is slated to do the new cruises that are homeported there. 

Could be they're positioning Star to add more sailings of Malta & Greek Isles Discovery.  Right now there are only 4. If they add Star they can raise the number of sailings to be comparable with Malta & Adriatic Jewels that is being serviced by the Sea and Venus - total of 14 thru early October. That's how they added a slew of Iceland cruises thru October of Iceland's Natural Beauty: by deploying Jupiter to augment the Sky. 

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Could be they're positioning Star to add more sailings of Malta & Greek Isles Discovery.  Right now there are only 4. If they add Star they can raise the sailings to be comparable with Malta & Adriatic Jewels that is being serviced by the Sea and Venus - total of 14 thru early October. That's how they added a slew of Iceland cruises thru October of Iceland's Natural Beauty: by deploying Jupiter to augment the Sky. 

How about this for another suggestion.

Based on an article I read today, the Chairman boarded Venus in Gibraltar and met with Gibraltar officials. They could be considering basing a ship in Gibraltar and cruising to the Canaries and/or Azores, which have had cruises by other lines for many months.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

How about this for another suggestion.

Based on an article I read today, the Chairman boarded Venus in Gibraltar and met with Gibraltar officials. They could be considering basing a ship in Gibraltar and cruising to the Canaries and/or Azores, which have had cruises by other lines for many months.

sounds reasonable. 

39 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

sounds reasonable. 

The other option for a ship based in Gibraltar is heading up the Portugal Coast, as Portugal is on the UK Green List and is being considered as an alternative venue for the Champions League Final.

Heading to the Canaries/Azores would require a fair number of sea days.

A busy day for Viking ships at sea.

The Viking Star, which was bound to Malta, has changed her destination to Southampton, but has turned away from approaching Southampton Water and is heading outbound.

The Viking Venus departed Portsmouth, bound for Portland Bill, which is close to Weymouth. She is now outbound following the Star on her Stbd Quarter. Perhaps a photo op for the oldest and newest ships.

Viking Orion has departed The Rock, bound for Hamilton, Bermuda for her Welcome Back cruises. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

A busy day for Viking ships at sea.

The Viking Star, which was bound to Malta, has changed her destination to Southampton, but has turned away from approaching Southampton Water and is heading outbound.

The Viking Venus departed Portsmouth, bound for Portland Bill, which is close to Weymouth. She is now outbound following the Star on her Stbd Quarter. Perhaps a photo op for the oldest and newest ships.

Viking Orion has departed The Rock, bound for Hamilton, Bermuda for her Welcome Back cruises. 

You can see the Star on the Venus' Panomax:

Webcam Viking Cruises - Venus - PANOMAX 360°

• Like 2

Viking Star now visible from Viking Panomax.com along with other cruise ships in Weymouth Bay,Porland UK.Viewed from Viking Venus.

Two new Youtube videos this morning showing Venus leaving Portsmouth yesterday on route to Portland.

Edited by sugarside

• 2 weeks later...

According to Vessel Finder & Marine Traffic (checked both) -- Star is now at Valetta.  I just noticed that two of her cruises  -- Eastern Seaboard Explorer (Sep) and Canada & New England Scenic Shores (Oct) are no longer on the VO schedule.  Trying to suss out Viking's plans for the Star.  Add on extra sailings of Malta & Greek Isles Discovery and then scoot over direct from Malta to the Caribbean to do what ? before Panama Canal & Central America in late October?  As far as I can tell, every Viking ship except the Star is fully scheduled starting May (Venus), June (Sea, Orion), and July (Sea, Jupiter) through the end of 2021.  At this point, Star is not scheduled for anything until October.  Guess I'll have to keep monitoring the VO site to see what comes next. I've updated my consolidated schedule but haven't posted it yet -- waiting to see if other changes are coming.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Maybe we will catch a glimpse of her when we leave Reykjavik on July 11🤞

Viking Jupiter is shown as arriving at 08:00 on July 11 with Viking Sky not departing until 18:00. Both should be at Skarfabakki for most of the day.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Star is scheduled to do a number of cruises around the UK in August (England's Scenic Shores and a new cruise called Scenic British Isles). These cruises are only being sold to UK passengers. She left Valletta last week. But you're right. Per the Marine Traffic and Vessel Finder apps she's heading to Iceland ETA 21 July.  I'm confused esp given that I don't see any Iceland cruises scheduled for Star on the .co.UK or .com sites. 

49 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Star is scheduled to do a number of cruises around the UK in August (England's Scenic Shores and a new cruise called Scenic British Isles). These cruises are only being sold to UK passengers. She left Valletta last week. But you're right. Per the Marine Traffic and Vessel Finder apps she's heading to Iceland ETA 21 July.  I'm confused esp given that I don't see any Iceland cruises scheduled for Star on the .co.UK or .com sites. 

I’m wondering if they are going to swap out the ships to do a deep cleaning before the next cruise starts, which I think is on Jupiter on Tuesday.  Just a guess???

3 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

I’m wondering if they are going to swap out the ships to do a deep cleaning before the next cruise starts, which I think is on Jupiter on Tuesday.  Just a guess???

Hate to have to quote myself to re-think this.   But my guess would only make sense if the Star were going to Reykjavik where the turnover happens.  So who knows.  

12 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Hate to have to quote myself to re-think this.   But my guess would only make sense if the Star were going to Reykjavik where the turnover happens.  So who knows.  

I think she's heading for Reykjavik. The reason why I'm hedging with "I think" is one app said so but the other says Seysfjordur which is nowhere near Reykjavik. And now the app which said Reykjavik now gives a code "IS SEY" which may be Seysfjordur. Color me confused. 

Seysfjordur Port info shows arrival at 8 AM on the 21st and sitting in Port without leaving until 8 PM on the 24th. Intriguing.

I don’t really care where the Star goes as long as it’s in Fort Lauderdale on December 24 for our world cruise! 🙂

Edited by Tom.in.nc
:-)
  • Like 2