Viking Ship Locations

Dukefan

4 hours ago, NeilP57 said:

Sky will have left Reykjavik earlier this evening and will not be due back until early on Saturday July 31

Jupiter will be arriving into Reykjavik early on Tuesday July 27 before departing on the evening of Wednesday July 28. 

Not sure when Star is due to arrive off Reykjavik but is due back in the UK to commence some UK domestic cruisrs on Saturday August 7th, so probably plenty of time to drop off another couple of parcels. 

Neil - The Star AIS shows an ETA of 27th July at 10:00, so will be there to meet Jupiter. Speed now shows 20.4 kts.

Best guess is that Star has a critical spare part on board that Jupiter requires.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NeilP57 said:

Sky will have left Reykjavik earlier this evening and will not be due back until early on Saturday July 31

Jupiter will be arriving into Reykjavik early on Tuesday July 27 before departing on the evening of Wednesday July 28. 

Not sure when Star is due to arrive off Reykjavik but is due back in the UK to commence some UK domestic cruisrs on Saturday August 7th, so probably plenty of time to drop off another couple of parcels. 

This morning Jupiter has completed a fairly high speed run and is already approaching Reykjavik. Looks like she is arriving about 12 hrs early and will have 2 nights alongside. ETA now shows as 16:00 this afternoon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Neil - The Star AIS shows an ETA of 27th July at 10:00, so will be there to meet Jupiter. Speed now shows 20.4 kts.

Best guess is that Star has a critical spare part on board that Jupiter requires.

Sounds like they're using Star as a supply ship. 😁 First it was vaccines, now it's hardware. Answers the question I always had about what she'd be doing before she starts the cruises around the UK. And when I finally get home, will be making the next update to my consolidated schedule ("finally" because it took three tries to get us home from visiting our son. First cancellation for weather leading to an extra night in a hotel. Rebooking cancelled due to aircraft issues so another night in a hotel. Now we're finally half way home.) 

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

This morning Jupiter has completed a fairly high speed run and is already approaching Reykjavik. Looks like she is arriving about 12 hrs early and will have 2 nights alongside. ETA now shows as 16:00 this afternoon.

Jupiter had to bypass Westmann Island due to winds and high waves, making tendering impossible.

• Like 1

Vefmyndavélar Faxaflóahafna | Faxaflóahafnir / Reykjavík harbour (faxafloahafnir.is)

Reykjavik is a very busy place for cruisers today - one small cruise ship crammed into the old harbor, and three at the cruise docks (Jupiter, Silver Shadow & tiny Quest (Faroe Islands registry))!

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

• 1 month later...

Viking Star is currently in the North Sea heading for Skagen, Denmark. She will be undergoing maintenance at various points over coming weeks, putting her in tip-top shape for the world cruise. I understand she will also spend some time operating as a shuttle, initially in northern Europe. This is to allow the transfer of crew between other ships in the fleet without exposing them to risk of Covid infection on commercial airliners. 

Interestingly it is also planned for her to transfer to Fort Lauderdale well ahead of the November 6 cruise restart date, allowing time for Viking to demonstrate their anti-Covid protocols in detail to the CDC.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, photopro2 said:

Viking Star is currently in the North Sea heading for Skagen, Denmark. She will be undergoing maintenance at various points over coming weeks, putting her in tip-top shape for the world cruise. I understand she will also spend some time operating as a shuttle, initially in northern Europe. This is to allow the transfer of crew between other ships in the fleet without exposing them to risk of Covid infection on commercial airliners. 

Interestingly it is also planned for her to transfer to Fort Lauderdale well ahead of the November 6 cruise restart date, allowing time for Viking to demonstrate their anti-Covid protocols in detail to the CDC.

Guess that means no added transatlantic. 

I understand from Lady McG that you had a lovely cruise last week. #envious

8 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Guess that means no added transatlantic. 

I understand from Lady McG that you had a lovely cruise last week. #envious

Clay,

I have it from a reliable authority that they will offer a TA on Neptune before the 22/23 World Cruise. You & Mike interest in that one. Don't know when it will be posted.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Clay,

I have it from a reliable authority that they will offer a TA on Neptune before the 22/23 World Cruise. You & Mike interest in that one. Don't know when it will be posted.

makes sense to me given that the only thing scheduled for Neptune at this time are the two World Cruises (22/23 and 23/24). And if the past is a valid indicator, her initial cruises will be in the Med and from there to the Baltic followed by a TA or a TA directly from the Med. Seem like a reasonable prediction???

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CharTrav said:

makes sense to me given that the only thing scheduled for Neptune at this time are the two World Cruises (22/23 and 23/24). And if the past is a valid indicator, her initial cruises will be in the Med and from there to the Baltic followed by a TA or a TA directly from the Med. Seem like a reasonable prediction???

CharTrav - The concern with Neptune is that she still hasn't had the official keel laying, when the first mega block is craned/floated into the drydock in Acona.

I doubt that she will be handed over to owners until mid/late November 2022 and she departs Everglades on 22nd December, so while she may do a short marketing voyage, the TA would be her maiden paying pax voyage.

16 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

CharTrav - The concern with Neptune is that she still hasn't had the official keel laying, when the first mega block is craned/floated into the drydock in Acona.

I doubt that she will be handed over to owners until mid/late November 2022 and she departs Everglades on 22nd December, so while she may do a short marketing voyage, the TA would be her maiden paying pax voyage.

You have a better feel/knowledge than I of all things related to ships and marine affairs. I just play with spreadsheets and web pages. 😁

• Like 1

Can you say when the STAR will be in FORT LAUDERDALE.  We are booked on her for NOV 26, 2021.  So wishing all will be a go by then.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:49 PM, Cruising in my mind said:

Can you say when the STAR will be in FORT LAUDERDALE.

I don't know the exact date of the TA, it may not even been set yet as there will not be passengers on board. A crew member I spoke to was excited at the prospect of sailing the Panama Canal, and looking forward to it as being a highlight of the year. From the date you mentioned I gather that you will be joining them - have a great trip!

3 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

I want to see news about Neptune's movements......🍸

Especially large chunks of pre-fabricated steel being craned into the building dock. I was hoping to see the start of construction this week or next week, once the summer holidays are over.

5 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Especially large chunks of pre-fabricated steel being craned into the building dock. I was hoping to see the start of construction this week or next week, once the summer holidays are over.

Send in your final payment so they can get on with it....🍺

• Like 1

Viking Star arrived in Bermuda an hour ago and is docked at Heritage Wharf at Dockyard, next to Crystal Symphony (King's Wharf). Orion is docked in Hamilton.

Unsure about how long the Star will stay in Bermuda, but she has to vacate the berth by Monday morning when it's Orion's turn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just checked the  Bermuda web cam. It looks like The Viking Star is now docked at Kings Wharf where the  the tug boats are.

So what is Viking Star  doing  , just hanging  out  for days? 

I loved my  Bermuda  cruise. and the part of the island  I did see in July. 

I do hope Viking  continues  stopping in  Bermuda or even homeport in the future. I would also like to spend  some days at one of their lovely hotels or small inns in the future.  

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Azulann said:

I do hope Viking  continues  stopping in  Bermuda or even homeport in the future. I would also like to spend  some days at one of their lovely hotels or small inns in the future.  

would be interesting if Viking were to stop starting any of its Caribbean cruises from Florida and switch to Puerto Rico and/or Bermuda.  

• Like 1