Different Point of View?

kdr69

There has been so much finger pointing at the Cruise industry in the news with regards to how they should have acted sooner to stop Cruises and while I agree the ball was dropped, as this article points out there was a lot of ball dropping everywhere else too.   I had already moved my April 5th cruise to next March but I will definitely be keeping an eye out for an earlier one once things start up again!! Stay Calm and Cruise On!! 😁

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/the-costly-toll-of-florida-not-shutting-down-spring-break-during-coronavirus/ar-BB12upnW?li=AAggFp4&ocid=BHEA000

Edited by kdr69
wrong information
  • Like 1

Why would the CDC include information that is not pertinent to the issue or necessarily relevant?

Yes, the ball was dropped. This should have been done sooner and in my opinion, I’m not ready to go on a cruise only after 100 days from the original suspension of operations.

What additional information do you feel it was inappropriate of the CDC not to provide in their notice?

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

I'm not buying this blame it on the governor of Florida thing. The time frame they are referencing (early march) nothing was closed. I was on the Santa Monica pier on March 8th. Everything was normal other than a few people taking extra precautions with masks and whatnot in the airport and on planes. California ordered their beaches closed the same week Florida did.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm not buying this blame it on the governor of Florida thing. The time frame they are referencing (early march) nothing was closed. I was on the Santa Monica pier on March 8th. Everything was normal other than a few people taking extra precautions with masks and whatnot in the airport and on planes. California ordered their beaches closed the same week Florida did.

I was on the Santa Monica Pier on Mar 15 (the day after our Panorama Cruise was cancelled) and it was packed.  In fact, there were two people dressed up as Sesame Street characters encouraging people to take pictures with them.

As a Floridian, I am satisfied with Gov DeSantis’ response (I am a Democrat BTW and did not vote for him)

DeSantis reacted when the rest of the country reacted (starting the week of Mar 14)

My personal feeling is that the Super Bowl on February 2 was the start of the issues in Florida (the worst outbreak in the state is currently the Miami Metro Area)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Good grief.    Of course,  hindsight is telling.   BUT at the time of decisions,   it's part guess and no one  can predict the future.      

How true, but the media went overboard (no pun intended) on beating up the cruise lines, especially Princess.

• Like 3