FCC Nightmare! Anyone success??

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s BS.  He can actually go on the computer and log into cruising power and have the guest copy sent right to your e mail address in under 30 seconds. 

Regarding the taxes

some agents also include what is called non commissionable cruise fare into what Royal classifies as taxes making the taxes appear higher than they are.  They do this because they don’t get paid commission on that amount.  That amount should be included in the base fare. 

Yep, BS is the exact term that came to my mind too! 😂  

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s BS.  He can actually go on the computer and log into cruising power and have the guest copy sent right to your e mail address in under 30 seconds. 

Regarding the taxes

some agents also include what is called non commissionable cruise fare into what Royal classifies as taxes making the taxes appear higher than they are.  They do this because they don’t get paid commission on that amount.  That amount should be included in the base fare. 

I got the TA to send the information and it doesn't seem a happy picture to me. There is $463 missing, but it's because the price from the TA is higher somehow by that amount than Royal's invoice. That is not so for the second cruise, but then that one was booked with RCL and transferred to the  same TA.  Here is the invoice from RCL and the same cruise per the TA:

Royal's Invoice

IMG_1734.jpg

The TA's Invoice

IMG_1735.jpg

Not liking the feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Edited by AlohaLivin

32 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I got the TA to send the information and it doesn't seem a happy picture to me. There is $463 missing, but it's because the price from the TA is higher somehow by that amount than Royal's invoice. That is not so for the second cruise, but then that one was booked with RCL and transferred to the  same TA.  Here is the invoice from RCL and the same cruise per the TA:

Royal's Invoice

IMG_1734.jpg

The TA's Invoice

IMG_1735.jpg

Not liking the feeling in the pit of my stomach.

That looks like the TA had your reservation repriced but didn’t pass on the savings to you. Royals invoice is definitely lower.

looking at it and seeing how both guests in Royals invoice show the same price it looks like they moved you into a group to get a lower price. 

Looked at it closer...not a group but repriced at 30% off each guest. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

Like l said earlier the reason why the taxes and fees are lower is that the agent also includes the non commissionable cruise fare in their taxes where Royal shows it as part of your cruise fare.  It’s hidden in there for you as that is the guest copy of the invoice but in the agent copy it is separated. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That looks like the TA had your reservation repriced but didn’t pass on the savings to you. Royals invoice is definitely lower.

looking at it and seeing how both guests in Royals invoice show the same price it looks like they moved you into a group to get a lower price. 

I had it repriced (my request) a few times. But this makes me crazy. This isn’t close to okay, I can’t imagine that there are many TA’s who would do this. Surely this isn’t remotely kosher? Oh man, we so need another TA and fast since we just booked a very expensive cruise with this TA.

not going to lie, I did my google best to figure out a contact for you this morning 😂 I bombed 😧

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Like 8 said earlier the reason why the taxes and fees are lower is that the agent also includes the non commissionable cruise fare in their taxes where Royal shows it as part of your cruise fare.  It’s hidden in there for you as that is the guest copy of the invoice but in the agent copy it is separated. 

But he decided to make 439 off of us and not pass it on (when I was asking often for repricing). The total price we paid was that much more than what we should have paid. it is hidden but it's fake - I mean he arbitrarily added a $439 "fee" to our cruise and tried to hide it while we are paying him more. I am furious.

2 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I had it repriced (my request) a few times. But this makes me crazy. This isn’t close to okay, I can’t imagine that there are many TA’s who would do this. Surely this isn’t remotely kosher? Oh man, we so need another TA and fast since we just booked a very expensive cruise with this TA.

not going to lie, I did my google best to figure out a contact for you this morning 😂 I bombed 😧

When you had it repriced the other times did you get updated copies each time showing the lower fare. 

That would be totally unethical of a TA IMO to reprice a cruise and take the higher payment from the guest.  I would call out the TA on this and insist that they make up the difference in FCC that you are owed.  

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looked at it closer...not a group but repriced at 30% off each guest. 

Is this a common practice?

Asking for a friend 

6 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

But he decided to make 439 off of us and not pass it on (when I was asking often for repricing). The total price we paid was that much more than what we should have paid. it is hidden but it's fake - I mean he arbitrarily added a $439 "fee" to our cruise and tried to hide it while we are paying him more. I am furious.

Looks like he’s did have it repriced and didn’t pass it on.  The discrepancy in the taxes is normal. I’d be beyond peed as well. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When you had it repriced the other times did you get updated copies each time showing the lower fare. 

That would be totally unethical of a TA IMO to reprice a cruise and take the higher payment from the guest.  I would call out the TA on this and insist that they make up the difference in FCC that you are owed.  

He did resend THEIR versions - who knows now what the real deal was since there truth seems to elude him.  And I feel quite certain he knew where the error was when I was contacting him concerned about the discrepancy. 😡

I am so angry I am pretty sure that there is steam coming from my ears. We’ve emailed and tried to call twice. I am not an attorney, I work in healthcare, but in my book that is fraud. Unethical big time, horrible. He won’t see another dime from me and he will return my money. Thanks so much for helping me with this, I need a TA like you!

Edited by AlohaLivin

Just now, AlohaLivin said:

He did resent their versions - who knows now what the real deal was. I am so angry I am pretty sure that there is steam coming from my ears. We’ve emailed and tried to call twice. I am not an attorney, I work in healthcare, but in my book that is fraud. Unethical big time, horrible. He won’t see another dime from me and he will return my money. Thanks so much for helping me with this, I need a TA like you!

Glad I could help.  Sorry it wasn’t under better circumstances though. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Glad I could help.  Sorry it wasn’t under better circumstances though. 

I am married to a Marine and honestly this TA should be more scared of me at this moment 😡

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brandis said:

That sounds bad. Really like how our travel agent handles payments, he just forwarded our CC number to RCL and they then charge everything directly.

That is how it should be done. If the client provides a credit card the payment should go direct to Royal. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is how it should be done. If the client provides a credit card the payment should go direct to Royal. 

Everyone should just take GREAT care if choosing any kind of “cruise and vacation outlet” 😉😐Or even using one of those bid services where one might find you 👎🏻 As if he hasn’t made enough $ off of us!

...and believe me, I will be requesting the cruise line invoices from here on out.

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Common...no, but not unheard of.  Always ask for a copy of Royals invoice.  A lot of TA’s provide them along with their own.  

Is it illegal for a travel agent to create their own pricing for a vacation they are acting as the middle man for? It seems somewhat shady, but at the same time, if the agent is advertising a cruise at X price and a customer agrees to pay that even though they could go directly to royal Caribbean and pay a lower price of Y, the customer still agreed to price of X, so, is that really wrong? 

I’m not saying this situation wouldn’t also make me mad, but it makes sense if travel agencies are allowed to set their own prices. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

3 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Is it illegal for a travel agent to create their own pricing for a vacation they are acting as the middle man for? It seems somewhat shady, but at the same time, if the agent is advertising a cruise at X price and a customer agrees to pay that even though they could go directly to royal Caribbean and pay a lower price of Y, the customer still agreed to price of X, so, is that really wrong? 

I’m not saying this situation wouldn’t also make me mad, but it makes sense if travel agencies are allowed to set their own prices. 

I just can’t see a TA that does this lasting. Eventually it is found out. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I’m not sure If is illegal or not.  Some cruise lines (not Royal) actually allow TA’s to mark up prices by a set amount and the markup is included in the cruise fare. So for example a cruise drops $500 in price per person, the TA passes along $250pp to the guest and the cruise line marks up the fare by $250pp.  

I suspect a lot more of this happened in the days before internet.  I can’t even fathom doing this as a TA and I suspect as M8 pointed out that those that do end up getting caught by customers doing their own price checks and wont long in the industry.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1