FCC Nightmare! Anyone success??

On 4/12/2020 at 11:51 AM, orville99 said:

How much of the $1600 was port fees and taxes?  Also, was any of the $1600 for onboard activities like dining/drinks/excursions? The FCC amount should be for the cost of the cruise less those fees and charges. Port fees, taxes and pre-purchased onboard stuff will eventually be refunded to your original form of payment. I say eventually, because those fees for the cruises we cancelled on March 10, showed up in my CC account on 4/8.

I don’t have the port fee but I suspect a couple hundred.  The rest was cruise, and prepaid gratuity.   O excursions,   O restaurant O other expenses.  Also the way they choose to decide it is stupid! The customer loyalty being lost will far exceed the current monetary loss.   I paid one total fee, for my wife and myself, yet the refund is twice as much for me than her.  If we rebook, there is a good chance there will be excess credit for me, and.  Not enough to cover her cruise!  I do. Ot rember seeing this in the email they sent out.   Terms kept secret are going to bring class action law suits.  The money amount I not that much, but the lost trust in RCL, for us is enormously!  

We take one or two cruises a year,  and have no troubles with that. However if this is how RCL treats Diamond members I predict hard times for them!

1 minute ago, Rustic23 said:

I don’t have the port fee but I suspect a couple hundred.  The rest was cruise, and prepaid gratuity.   O excursions,   O restaurant O other expenses.  Also the way they choose to decide it is stupid! The customer loyalty being lost will far exceed the current monetary loss.   I paid one total fee, for my wife and myself, yet the refund is twice as much for me than her.  If we rebook, there is a good chance there will be excess credit for me, and.  Not enough to cover her cruise!  I do. Ot rember seeing this in the email they sent out.   Terms kept secret are going to bring class action law suits.  The money amount I not that much, but the lost trust in RCL, for us is enormously!  

We take one or two cruises a year,  and have no troubles with that. However if this is how RCL treats Diamond members I predict hard times for them!

You can call once you have a new cruise picked out and they will work with you to redistribute the money.

I got an email with the info for our FCC. Our cancelled cruise, which was paid in full,  was on March 26 and I got the FCC on April 10. I called yesterday and got right through and the agent was wonderful. I applied to our November cruise and the taxes will credited back to our credit card. It was painless and took about 5 minutes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I got an email with the info for our FCC. Our cancelled cruise, which was paid in full,  was on March 26 and I got the FCC on April 10. I called yesterday and got right through and the agent was wonderful. I applied to our November cruise and the taxes will credited back to our credit card. It was painless and took about 5 minutes.

I got my FCC today for my March 22nd sailing.  Currently on the phone right now just trying to get some clarification about an expiration date for an old FCC. One hour and 27 minutes on the phone so far.  No answer yet. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

For those that have received their FCC's....how did you get it?

By email? Regular mail? Text? Was it attached to your Crown & Anchor (as stated by our TA).

Thanks.

You will only see it in an e mail you will get.  It is not on line unless you booked through a TA then the TA can see it on a special site for TA’s 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will only see it in an e mail you will get.  It is not on line unless you booked through a TA then the TA can see it on a special site for TA’s 

You’re going to love this. They tried to tell me it can’t be used on an existing booking. I’m like, that’s silly. I’m not even beyond final payment I could just cancel and rebook. 

I wish they would all get educated on the rules.

🤦🏽

Edited by RosieRoo

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

You’re going to love this. They tried to tell me it can’t be used on an existing booking. I’m like, that’s silly. I’m not even beyond final payment I could just cancel and rebook. 

🤦🏽

You can rebook but then you can’t use it on a previously booked cruise that you rebook for the same date... got denied that option also....

2 minutes ago, mstayman said:

You can rebook but then you can’t use it on a previously booked cruise that you rebook for the same date... got denied that option also....

That’s not what I meant. They’re saying I can’t use it on a booking next year I already booked. I’m not trying to book the same cruise. 

They’re trying to say it has to be a new cruise, which we know is not true. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ourusualbeach...as always, we can count on you...thank you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Has anyone received a cash refund other than Cruise Planner and Port/Taxes feed?

I got a cash refund for my deposit, but I haven’t actually received it on my credit card yet. Is that what you mean - did anyone receive it yet? Or do you mean did anyone get the cash option for cancelled cruises in general?

Edited by ARandomTraveler

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

🤦🏽

Unbelievable.  No wait,  unfortunately it is entirely believable. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unbelievable.  No wait,  unfortunately it is entirely believable. 

After two hours on hold I was told that the old FCC was a sail by date. I have to actually put that towards a cruise that sails before 11/14/20. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I got a cash refund for my deposit, but I haven’t actually received it on my credit card yet. Is that what you mean - did anyone receive it yet? Or do you mean did anyone get the cash option for cancelled cruises in general?

Did anyone get it back into their hands. No promised. 

11 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

After two hours on hold I was told that the old FCC was a sail by date. I have to actually put that towards a cruise that sails before 11/14/20. 

Just tagged you to a different thread. Soccer mom just had success getting hers extended. 

• Like 1

Just reading through some of these posts I feel so bad for all of you trying to get your money back or FCC. I can imagine the added stress this causes in your lives, plus not having a good TA can make it worse. We used a TA for the first time last November and was a absolute disaster. Horrible TA and won’t go into it. We usually have at least one cruise on the books at all times but this was an in between time for us after I had surgery.

I’ve never understood why it takes 30 to 60 days for a refund but only takes 30 seconds to charge your credit card.

Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve read several posts from people who got their cash refunds already. Sounds like it’s taking about a month. I was told 7-10 days. I’m on day 20. I’m not worried that I won’t get it back. I have an email confirmation as well as a confirmation # so if for some reason they go bankrupt and disappear or something I can make a claim on my insurance or credit card, so I’ll get it back one way or the other. It seems like Royal is taking about a month though so my guess is I’ll get my money in another week or two, which is fine with me.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

6 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

That’s not what I meant. They’re saying I can’t use it on a booking next year I already booked. I’m not trying to book the same cruise. 

They’re trying to say it has to be a new cruise, which we know is not true. 

I keep hearing that and it is the stupidest thing. Maybe it is the same rep. You have to put a deposit down in cash. Then at some point you apply the FCC. It doesn't matter if it is a new booking or an old booking...it still only has a deposit on the cruise. It is always going to be an old booking, because you already have a deposit on it. They are the same. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Coralc

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I’ve read several posts from people who got their cash refunds already. Sounds like it’s taking about a month. I was told 7-10 days. I’m on day 20. I’m not worried that I won’t get it back. I have an email confirmation as well as a confirmation # so if for some reason they go bankrupt and disappear or something I can make a claim on my insurance or credit card, so I’ll get it back one way or the other. It seems like Royal is taking about a month though so my guess is I’ll get my money in another week or two, which is fine with me.

I just got done reading another thread where you ( @Milwaukee Eight ) were curious about who has gotten cash refunds because you’re considering the slowness of refunds as a sign of their cash flow situation. So now I understand your question differently. I thought you were asking if anyone was offered a cash refund in general, or were only receiving the FCC.

Now that I understand, I agree with you that their cash flow situation appears to be bad. I’m sure in regular circumstances I would have received my cash in the “7-10 day” window. I’m personally not worried that I won’t get my cash eventually (I don’t need it anytime soon and have backup options for getting my refund if needed), but I do think it will start becoming more of a risk to people who will be cancelling (or having cruises cancelled on them) in the summer months. At that point, I think the risk of losing their refunds to bankruptcy will be much higher. Hopefully most people will at least have a banking institution or other insurance option to fall back on. 

• Thanks 1

Just got my email yesterday for my FCC for the first cruise of a B2B. The cancelled cruise was on 4/11/20 and my original information stated I would get it on 4/13/20 and I did. They gave me $1. more than the 125% so I guess they rounded it up. Haven't received taxes or port fees yet, but I guess they will come within the month. I haven't made an attempt to apply to any of my cruises yet because I'm afraid some of them will be cancelled by RCL. I have 10 cruises booked between October 2020 and December 2021, so I'm just going to hold them for a couple of months to see how this plays out.

7 minutes ago, TX.Mameow&Papeow said:

Just got my email yesterday for my FCC for the first cruise of a B2B. The cancelled cruise was on 4/11/20 and my original information stated I would get it on 4/13/20 and I did. They gave me $1. more than the 125% so I guess they rounded it up. Haven't received taxes or port fees yet, but I guess they will come within the month. I haven't made an attempt to apply to any of my cruises yet because I'm afraid some of them will be cancelled by RCL. I have 10 cruises booked between October 2020 and December 2021, so I'm just going to hold them for a couple of months to see how this plays out.

I’d be nervous about having money tied up in that many cruises for the next year given the cruiseline’s apparent financial situation. Then again, if there weren’t people willing to leave their money with RC, they’d go bankrupt for sure, so I hope it works out ok for everyone.

I’m hoping for an opportunity to rebook the cruise we’re missing this year, but I won’t do it until 2022 at the earliest, mostly due to my own scheduling, but also because I’m not willing to put a deposit on anything as uncertain as next summer’s cruising season.