Interview with Arnold Donald, CEO of CCL

bluesea321

Arnold Donald, the CEO of CCL, was interviewed by CNBC today.  The interview lasted 17 minutes and can be watched using the link below.  IMO Mr. Donald handled the questions well.  He stated that cruises will not happen until "social gatherings" are deemed safe.  May be quite a while.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/14/carnival-ceo-despite-devastating-coronavirus-2021-cruise-bookings-are-strong.html

Edited by bluesea321
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Arnold Donald, the CEO of CCL, was interviewed by CNBC today.  The interview lasted 17 minutes and can be watched using the link below.  IMO Mr. Donald handled the questions well.  He stated that cruises will not happen until "social gatherings" are deemed safe.  May be quite a while.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/14/carnival-ceo-despite-devastating-coronavirus-2021-cruise-bookings-are-strong.html

Thank you for posting the link.  Very interesting interview.

• Like 1

I’ve been impressed with both Arnold Donald and Jan Swartz throughout this crisis. I feel that both Princess and its parent company are run by smart, thoughtful people who are working hard to navigate their way through this unprecedented event. 

I think he handled the interview quite well. He was confident without arrogance. He referred to the science and to doing "what is right". We definitely plan to cruise again and we will cruise with Princess. I know he represents the entire group of cruise lines under the Carnival Corporation umbrella but we started with Princess, liked Princess, and continue to like cruising with Princess. If they continue to offer cruises we will continue to cruise with them if we are able to do so. We are saddened that it seems increasingly unlikely we will be able to (finally) cruise Australia and New Zealand this winter (their summer). The countries almost certainly won't want us to visit. We have long wanted to go there and finally had things work out so we could do so but it really isn't our call. We did like the "cautious optimism" reflected in the interview. He gives one a feeling that he knows what he is talking about and didn't get flustered when questioned. We feel that travel in a totally enclosed airplane seems like a much larger risk. He didn't put it that way and that is another point in his favor but it is definitely true. He mentioned subway stations and airports but didn't get granular with the topic. Well done.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 8:49 PM, bluesea321 said:

Good interview.  I feel the CEO handled the questions well and solid.  This made me feel better about cruising.

He did a wonderful job answering all their questions. Pleasantly surprised he didn't try to duck any of the tougher questions. Arnold has a simple, straight-forward approach to managing media & appears to be very effective. Smooth operator!

On 4/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, caribill said:

He does not come off looking so good in this Business Week article

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-carnival-cruise-coronavirus/?srnd=businessweek-v2

Thanks I was looking for this.  After I read it, my opinion of him was he comes off as quite the con artist.  He does nothing for my confidence in cruising on a Carnival Corp owned ship.  

On 4/14/2020 at 7:49 PM, bluesea321 said:

He does inspire confidence.