Perks on Equinox

resjes

Hi all. So I ended up booking the April 11 2021-April 23 2021 Ultimate S. Caribbean cruise!!! [LITERALLY 360 DAYS FROM TODAY..AGONY] 

Cabin 9226 - did I pick a good cabin? I did a lot of research and picked starboard with balcony. Certainly cost enough but got a huge discount ($800+ in savings)..I did not get aqua class etc, just plain veranda.

I am a solo traveler and have never sailed on Celebrity. Must know facts? I also have some dietary restrictions and found the special needs form online..will do that later.

My main concern turns to perks. It is around $1000 for the premium beverage package. That is absurd..although it is for 13 days. Thoughts or will it go down at some point? I never know when to check for perks discounts. I am mostly looking for cheap drinks (strawberry daiquiri) and water bottles. I also need to get the unlimited internet package..also expensive right now.

What other perks do you recommend for Equinox? Any excursions (I don't usually do these) that you recommend for this route or areas I must see?

Ports:
Basseterre, St. Kitts
St. John's, Antigua
Bridgetown, Barbados
Castries, St. Lucia
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
St. George's, Grenada
KINGSTOWN, ST. VINCENT

Thanks and be well.

15 minutes ago, resjes said:

Hi all. So I ended up booking the April 11 2021-April 23 2021 Ultimate S. Caribbean cruise!!! [LITERALLY 360 DAYS FROM TODAY..AGONY] 

Cabin 9226 - did I pick a good cabin? I did a lot of research and picked starboard with balcony. Certainly cost enough but got a huge discount ($800+ in savings)..I did not get aqua class etc, just plain veranda.

I am a solo traveler and have never sailed on Celebrity. Must know facts? I also have some dietary restrictions and found the special needs form online..will do that later.

My main concern turns to perks. It is around $1000 for the premium beverage package. That is absurd..although it is for 13 days. Thoughts or will it go down at some point? I never know when to check for perks discounts. I am mostly looking for cheap drinks (strawberry daiquiri) and water bottles. I also need to get the unlimited internet package..also expensive right now.

What other perks do you recommend for Equinox? Any excursions (I don't usually do these) that you recommend for this route or areas I must see?

Ports:
Basseterre, St. Kitts
St. John's, Antigua
Bridgetown, Barbados
Castries, St. Lucia
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
St. George's, Grenada
KINGSTOWN, ST. VINCENT

Thanks and be well.

Did you book with a TA?  Ex with lots of speed usually has group space that would include perks.  Adding them on later is almost always VERY expensive.  As for excursions - join the roll call and see what others on your cruise are planning.

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Did you not book with any perks included? If you didn't...I would definitely reconsider. Typically drinks and WiFi on Celebrity stay consistently priced. Nothing at all like RCL. 

No - i chose the $800+ in savings (first option). I was only offered 2 perks as another option.

1 minute ago, az_tchr said:

Did you book with a TA?  Ex with lots of speed usually has group space that would include perks.  Adding them on later is almost always VERY expensive.  As for excursions - join the roll call and see what others on your cruise are planning.

Nope no TA.

I think 9226 is an excellent cabin choice and that's a nice itinerary.  I don't think the extra cost of Concierge buys you anything but a cabin on a higher floor.  I also wouldn't purchase the premium package, given your drink description you'll be just fine.  If there is something special that you want, you can purchase it for the additional cost plus additional tip and I'm sure it will be a lot less than $1000 (assuming you have a standard beverage package).   If you are doing Celebrity Select Dining, I would go ahead and make reservations for your best guess when you want to eat.  You can always change it later.  

Edited by ipeeinthepool

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think 9226 is an excellent cabin choice and that's a nice itinerary.  I don't think the extra cost of Concierge buys you anything but a cabin on a higher floor.  I also wouldn't purchase the premium package, given your drink description you'll be just fine.  If there is something special that you want, you can purchase it for the additional cost plus additional tip and I'm sure it will be a lot less than $1000.   If you are doing Celebrity Select Dining, I would go ahead and make reservations for your best guess when you want to eat.  You can always change it later.  

I already pre-paid gratitudes..not sure if that includes alcohol. Honestly I am considering the water bottle package ($200 - eek) and not getting an alcohol package like you said and pay by the drink. 

As for excursions, if you enjoy a catamaran sail and snorkeling I would make a reservation with Calabaza (1st choice) or Silver Moon in Barbados.  Silver Moon is fine, I just like Calabaza a little better.   As far as St Vincent is concerned, not a very nice stop.  Just plan on staying on the ship.

7 minutes ago, resjes said:

No - i chose the $800+ in savings (first option). I was only offered 2 perks as another option.

The cost to upgrade to 2 perks is going to be less than it would be to pay out of pocket for drinks and WiFi. 

Transfer your reservation to a TA and get them to cover gratuities or another 8-10% OBC and you'll come out far ahead compared to paying for each item out of pocket.

Edited by paulh84

2 minutes ago, resjes said:

I already pre-paid gratitudes..not sure if that includes alcohol. Honestly I am considering the water bottle package ($200 - eek) and not getting an alcohol package like you said and pay by the drink. 

Prepaid gratuities doesn't include tips on other purchases, you may want to reprice your trip with a perk package when then have a sale (if one isn't currently available).

2 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

If you're solo, doesn't that equate to only $400 in 'savings'?

The cost to upgrade to 2 perks is going to be less than it would be to pay out of pocket for drinks and WiFi. 

Transfer your reservation to a TA and get them to cover gratuities or another 8-10% OBC and you'll come out far ahead. 

just double checked and it does say it applied a promo and I received an $880 discount.

1 minute ago, resjes said:

just double checked and it does say it applied a promo and I received an $880 discount.

I've never booked solo, but if you know you want drinks and Wifi, the cost difference appears to be around $480.

If you are at all considering a drink package, WiFi, or even $200 worth of bottled water ( 😬)....I would definitely pay the increased fare up front. Pretty much any larger TA will cover gratuities or give you an equivalent amount in OBC. 

1 minute ago, paulh84 said:

I've never booked solo, but if you know you want drinks and Wifi, the cost difference appears to be around $480.

If you are at all considering a drink package, WiFi, or even $200 worth of bottled water ( 😬)....I would definitely pay the increased fare up front. Pretty much any larger TA will cover gratuities or give you an equivalent amount in OBC. 

I know discussing TAs are illegal on here - I wouldn't even know where to find one..the ~online~ ones that are pretty obvious without stating had like the same deal as the CC website.

If I do manage to find a TA, am I able to transfer my cabin under their account or do I risk losing the cabin to move my reservation to them?

7 minutes ago, resjes said:

I know discussing TAs are illegal on here - I wouldn't even know where to find one..the ~online~ ones that are pretty obvious without stating had like the same deal as the CC website.

If I do manage to find a TA, am I able to transfer my cabin under their account or do I risk losing the cabin to move my reservation to them?

You keep everything as is. If they can offer a lower price, they will. And they should offer something extra (tips of abc). They will probably have you email your invoice, sign a transfer authorization and you're done. 

We enjoyed a ship tour on St. Vincent. We particularly enjoyed the guided tour at the botanical garden. Don't remember what it was entitled, but look at descriptions of 3 hour tours and take the one that mentions the garden as being part of the tour. BTW, St. Vincent is a beautiful island.

We are on that cruise too. The itinerary is good, although we have been to all the ports before. Go over to the roll call and look at the Ports of Call forum to get ideas of what to do on each island. I would second the ideas already put forward here.

7 hours ago, resjes said:

You can transfer a reservation to a TA up to 60 days after made with Celebrity.  How to find?  Google Celebrity Cruiseline and you will get 4 or 5 ads.  You can also search using Cruise Compete.  They are not a travel agent but search out travel agents.  I usually book with them.  On upcoming cruise they offered group space.  $300 savings plus $300OBC and 3 perks vs no perks.

17 hours ago, az_tchr said:

You can transfer a reservation to a TA up to 60 days after made with Celebrity.  How to find?  Google Celebrity Cruiseline and you will get 4 or 5 ads.  You can also search using Cruise Compete.  They are not a travel agent but search out travel agents.  I usually book with them.  On upcoming cruise they offered group space.  $300 savings plus $300OBC and 3 perks vs no perks.

I found a TA and am in the process of transferring. He's saving me some decent money but I'm only getting $75 OBC. The perks they wanted me to buy were too expensive (4 perks option). So I need to buy the 2 perks I want on my own so I'll be saving some money in the long run but was hoping for more. Sounds like there wasn't a lot of wiggle room in negotiations unless I took the 4 perks..

On 4/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

As for excursions, if you enjoy a catamaran sail and snorkeling I would make a reservation with Calabaza (1st choice) or Silver Moon in Barbados.  Silver Moon is fine, I just like Calabaza a little better.   As far as St Vincent is concerned, not a very nice stop.  Just plan on staying on the ship.

Calabaza is THE BEST. We go with them every time we are in Barbados. Top notch.