Is this Royal Up typical?

When I skimmed it when I received it this morning I thought oh $170 good price for a spacious balcony, I would so do it if they hadnt already cancelled this cruise, too bad.

I happened to reread the fine print, spacious balcony... or LARGER CABIN. I'm booked in a pr for the view. So they could just move me to a spacious interior and not the pictured cabin right? There is a heck of a difference between a spacious interior and spacious balcony which is pictured. You can get a balcony for 145 it says, so it is the safer and cheaper deal, the other sure seems meant to trick you, but maybe it's me. Never did a royal up before. Obviously wouldnt this time since they already cancelled it.

Is this royal up typical? .. that you have to read the fine print and might get something other than the cabin pictured?

20200417_134056402.jpeg

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Is this royal up typical? .

You have plenty of time to read the very lengthy Royal Up thread - just about every issue with Royal Up is discussed there, including the do's and don'ts. Here's a preview - the pics and descriptions can be a bit misleading.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

When I skimmed it when I received it this morning I thought oh $170 good price for a spacious balcony, I would so do it if they hadnt already cancelled this cruise, too bad.

I happened to reread the fine print, spacious balcony... or LARGER CABIN. I'm booked in a pr for the view. So they could just move me to a spacious interior and not the pictured cabin right? There is a heck of a difference between a spacious interior and spacious balcony which is pictured. You can get a balcony for 145 it says, so it is the safer and cheaper deal, the other sure seems meant to trick you, but maybe it's me. Never did a royal up before. Obviously wouldnt this time since they already cancelled it.

Is this royal up typical? .. that you have to read the fine print and might get something other than the cabin pictured?

20200417_134056402.jpeg

the photo for the spacious ov balcony appears to be for a jr suite.   I have stayed in a spacious OV balcony on several RCL ships and never had one that large.   I have had some wonderful extra large balconies with this category and try to book it whenever available.    I am 99% sure that photo is a jr suite.

1 hour ago, beardedladies said:

It's compared to a standard balcony - the 'spacious' could be a more spacious cabin or more spacious balcony compared to the standard balcony cabin. You won't get a spacious inside room.

How can you be sure its compared to a standard balcony. As I said I'm booked into a PR, and just about anything is a larger cabin.

Ok biker, but I went thru 5 pages trying to find the royal up thread, and didnt find a way to search for it. I will read it if it comes back to the top. 

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok biker, but I went thru 5 pages trying to find the royal up thread, and didnt find a way to search for it. I will read it if it comes back to the top. 

It's difficult to search, I know, but limiting the search to RCI and titles usually finds it:

It also helps to use combinations - I didn't find it until I took the space out between Royal and Up - thanks @John&LaLa

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

the photo for the spacious ov balcony appears to be for a jr suite.   I have stayed in a spacious OV balcony on several RCL ships and never had one that large.   I have had some wonderful extra large balconies with this category and try to book it whenever available.    I am 99% sure that photo is a jr suite.

I would agree that it is a JS.

So many errors with the website and pictures. 

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's difficult to search, I know, but limiting the search to RCI and titles usually finds it:

It also helps to use combinations - I didn't find it until I took the space out between Royal and Up - thanks @John&LaLa

Everytime they do an upgrade on this site, the search feature just get's harder and harder to use...........I think they want it that way?