Some good news for us!!

Hflors

GOing Dec 2021 you  should be OK as I expect a vaccine in 18 months....by Oct, Nov. 2021.

The only problem is that the FDA had reduced regulations to fast track a vaccine.  With 70 vaccines in the works; will the first batch be safe and effective? Or will they need to work out "the kinks?"  Will the virus mutate?

OP....did you take the platinum cancellation allowing you to cancel ( I think it still does) for any reason just before the cruise?

Sailing with no vaccine is dangerous.

Your upbeat post and optimism inspired me to book this same cruise. It's been on my husband's bucket list for a long time and I will celebrate a birthday during it so we said "let's go for it and hope for the best." It was so nice to be calling our PCC with "we want to book" instead of what we have been doing - "we are cancelling."  Thanks for making our day better!

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:19 AM, cruisetheworld67 said:

GOing Dec 2021 you  should be OK as I expect a vaccine in 18 months....by Oct, Nov. 2021.

The only problem is that the FDA had reduced regulations to fast track a vaccine.  With 70 vaccines in the works; will the first batch be safe and effective? Or will they need to work out "the kinks?"  Will the virus mutate?

OP....did you take the platinum cancellation allowing you to cancel ( I think it still does) for any reason just before the cruise?

Sailing with no vaccine is dangerous. They told me we have until final payment to decide on ins.   I haven't thought about it yet.

1 hour ago, smokesmom said:

Your upbeat post and optimism inspired me to book this same cruise. It's been on my husband's bucket list for a long time and I will celebrate a birthday during it so we said "let's go for it and hope for the best." It was so nice to be calling our PCC with "we want to book" instead of what we have been doing - "we are cancelling."  Thanks for making our day better!

Glad you booked.  I think it will be a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 11:33 AM, Hflors said:

Glad you booked.  I think it will be a great cruise!

We just booked this cruise yesterday.  I like having such a wonderful itinerary to daydream about.  For a very long time...

Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary.  Wonderful cruise to anticipate.  No, OP, you aren't crazy; you're practical.  Life cannot be placed on hold forever.  As with the 1918 pandemic, at some point, people are going to have to come out of their homes and begin to live life again, at first practicing social distancing and perhaps wearing masks.  Most governors accept this fact and are in the process of slowly opening their states.  Like everyone else, I anticipate being able to walk onto a "dam" ship again.  

I looked at that same cruise and was very tempted, but it is priced too high as a single cruiser. Otherwise, I am pretty sure I would have booked it as it has super ports! Congrats!