Island Princess heading to Asia

busterfla

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Crown Princess is headed to Columbo;  they look like they are a day ahead of Island

Yes they are.  It will be another 12 days or more for them to reach Manila after that.  it's been such a very long journey and hopefully our amazing crew members will be home at some point.  

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I heard the Island is due in Manilla around 15 Jun

The original due date was 6-13 and that was tentative. Now with Mumbai being dropped they may keep that date or slide back to the 15th. The refuel stop in Singapore wasn't on the original schedule either. Any way you look at it mid June is the target. Long haul. 

My friend also said that the Filipino President is demanding that his people brought home NOW, or"I'll start kicking some asses". Bluster at it's finest

17 minutes ago, busterfla said:

The original due date was 6-13 and that was tentative. Now with Mumbai being dropped they may keep that date or slide back to the 15th. The refuel stop in Singapore wasn't on the original schedule either. Any way you look at it mid June is the target. Long haul. 

My friend also said that the Filipino President is demanding that his people brought home NOW, or"I'll start kicking some asses". Bluster at it's finest

Thanks for the update busterfla.

Took him long enough!

Don't think it's "Bluster".  He's known as the Punisher.  Drug dealers and users are dispatched quickly.  Google him.  

He going to cut their 14 days quarantine period in half.  He want his seafarers home.  

Edited by Gimer

The Crown has been hanging off the coast @ Columbo for the past few days, not sure if they are transferring crew via tenders or not. Sure hope they don't have to complete another 14 day quarantine.

The Island looks like it will be along side the Crown later tonight our time, about 160 miles away, doing 16 knots.

I just looked and both of them were about 4-5 miles off the coast. If you caught the Island docked in the port, then I hope that this means that the crew due to get off made it. I know they have some tropical weather around them (believe to the west), but do hope they start moving again. As I write this, it's 11:40pm EST and with either a 7 or 8 hour time difference I may be able to message my friend and see what is going on without waking him up or keeping him up. Report back later

2 hours ago, Travelnplane said:

Crown had also docked at the pier at her first arrival into Colombo prior to her anchorage. 

She is back at the pier as this post is written. 

Per my friend the Crown is dropping off the last of the crew for this port and refueling. The Island will drop off their crew here in a few hours, the refuel and leave tomorrow (today?). Next stop will be Jakarta (four sea days transit) stay two days and then the final four sea days and home in Manila. Crew scheduled to leave there will be tested and if ok released. The schedule he showed me had June 12th as the arrival date. Everyone onboard is getting pumped with the end of the journey in sight

101524922_266352597749983_58156096154291

The Island keeps on chugging along to Jakarta. They added the Indonesian crew off the Crown to disembark them at Jakarta. That's why the Crown is headed directly to Manila. My friend spoke with me early this afternoon (they're 8+ hours ahead of EST) and he said that Princess has totally honest with them about where they stand and have been very good with food, cabins and internet. He has no complaints there. The only thing that has not been said is when can they expect to go back to work. I told him that I really haven't seen anything concrete on CC, except the "gut opinion" on CC is maybe late 2020 or after the New Year. He said that was the feeling of the crew and Staff also. But his spirits are high and ramping up everyday they get closer to home. He's working out a lot to try and pare off some of the "calories" he has gained.

• Like 1

He's happy to have someone to talk to, his family in Manila gets his attention in one time frame and I and a few other passengers get him in other. Helps break up his day and keeps his spirits high.

Looks like the Island is about 2 1/2 - 3 days out of Jakarta while the Crown is coming up on Singapore ready to make the turn north. The Crown is making 18 knots while the Island is getting around 12-13 knots. Not sure if the Island is trying to get the best mileage or what. I might try to talk to him after midnight EST, he should be 9 hours ahead by now.

@busterfla  As I've mentioned before, please let him know he has a whole new "fan club" that is traveling along with him and the rest of the crew.  Wishing them all, all the best.   I was scheduled to be on the Island in July for the TA, so I may have had the opportunity to meet him. 

Since the Island was remodeled and  lounge in the rear was turned into cabins, this ship could be a problem unless they sail at greatly reduced capacity.  Definitely not enough dining room space for all fixed dining, which they may have to go to for a while.. be sure you get a confirmed time if you book this ship or you might have a really early time not to your liking.   

Also seeing a show could be problematic since there is no longer a rear show room. 

21 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@busterfla  As I've mentioned before, please let him know he has a whole new "fan club" that is traveling along with him and the rest of the crew.  Wishing them all, all the best.   I was scheduled to be on the Island in July for the TA, so I may have had the opportunity to meet him. 

I will pass that on as soon as possible. Right now he's not responding to Messenger, might be out of range. Looks like they are about two days out of Jakarta at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Ok, made connections. He is touched that people are following the journey home and sends thanks to all.

He is staying connected to his family via Messenger and everyone is getting excited. They are 12 hours ahead of EST and he just went up to the buffet for lunch. He showed me how they have to report in twice daily for temperature checks. The weather warm (finally he says) but rainy. The trip so far has clocked 12,691 nautical miles from Florida, told him he qualifies for Super Elite status. He also reported along with having Indonesian crew onboard, they still have Chinese, Japanese, Thailand and Mauritius crew members left and no idea what is going to happen to them. They do miss the passenger interactions a lot, only so much ship gossip to talk about. He did day that the Captain holds pop quizzes about ship locations, arrival times, total trip miles and gives out some nice prizes, good for morale. All i all life onboard to as good as can be expected, food very good (too good for some folks). And all crew and Staff are in good health

Try again tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

As of this minute, the last tenders are going ashore with the last of the Indonesian crew, once they return and get secured, it's off to Manila! The last leg. To honor the Indonesian crew leaving, the chef prepared rib eye steak & lobster for everyone. 😄

They got fueled up yesterday, so they're ready to roll. Everyone remains healthy.

The Crown has been in Manila for the past two days, awaiting test results before disembarking