Island Princess heading to Asia

busterfla

The Regal is returning European crew & staff, due in at Southampton. The Crown is taking South African crew back and then the remaining crew go back to Asia (Indonesia & Philippines). The Island is following the Crown, but has mostly Asian crew.

They have left St Maarten and due in Fortaleza Brazil. After that they may go directly to South Africa.

The Crown and the Island have left St Maarten and now are en route to Fortaleza Brazil. Not sure how many days it takes get there. The Crown is faster than the Island (so far), but I bet it's a 6-7 day passage. I'm sure someone has done it before and will correct me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, busterfla said:

The Crown and the Island have left St Maarten and now are en route to Fortaleza Brazil. Not sure how many days it takes get there. The Crown is faster than the Island (so far), but I bet it's a 6-7 day passage. I'm sure someone has done it before and will correct me.

Does this mean the Crown has had the generator problems  fixed ???

2 hours ago, CCFC said:

Cant see the Crown getting to Southampton for my July 11th cruise then.

That would be negative for you.  Crown will be on other side of the globe from Southampton

I can't say that the Crown generator issue has been corrected. Forward speed shown on the current location is 11.8 knot versus the 16.8 knot I saw yesterday. The Island was showing mid 16 knots yesterday.

This is the voyage map that my friend sent me this afternoon. Not sure if the Crown will follow the same course.

image.thumb.png.b3281b285b18159c08a4197d38bd7a51.png

Edited by busterfla
Added a line
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 12:02 PM, GoofyontheHiSeas said:

Princess Cruises and Holland America Line are organizing similar repatriation voyages to repatriate crew members to their home countries. . . 

Quite a massive operation, which will then, hopefully, be reversed sooner rather than later.

12 hours ago, AF-1 said:

busterfla;  that is maybe a month worth of sailing;  Maybe longer.  What you say?

My friend on board said he was told 39 days from start to finish. And then another 14 days quarantine in the Philippines. My "gut" says 39 days if any port stops are minimal time and no "government" issues in these ports hinder them.

A lot longer trip than I would ever take staying onboard 100%

Further note, Holland American Zuiderdam & Rotterdam leaving the Bahamas enroute to Capetown per Marine Traffic off of PTZtv web site.

Today Island  Princess is about 900 miles from Fortaleza and Crown is only 450 miles ahead of Island.  Just check with Marine Traffic and there are 12 ships in Manila Bay and five more ships heading there.  The twelve are Costa Serena, Costa necRomantic, Pacific Aria, Pacific Explorer, Explorer Dream, Sea - Sun - Majestic & Sapphire Princess, Spectrum of the Sea, Voyager of the Sea, and Pacific Dawn.   Those five ships heading to Manila Bay are Carnival Spirit (100 miles), P&O Pacific

Adventure (300 Miles), Celebrity Solstice (600 miles), Ovation of the Sea (800 miles) and Ruby Princess is just south of Palau with another 1,200 miles to go.   That's a lot of Crew Members going home.   The Philippine Coast Guard just secured two local Cruise Ships docked at Pier 15, Port Area, Manila, to be used to quarantine Filipino Crew members that have flown home.  Earlier, the Grand Princess Crew were housed at Tarlac Sport's Village for their 14 days quarantine.  

• Like 1

Somewhere I read that there were about 19,000 Filipino Crew working on Cruise Ships and that was a year ago.  Just showed up on Marine Traffic the three ships that left Long Beach last week and they are about 1,000 miles out, also heading for Manila.  They are HAL Eurodam, Carnival Panorama and Royal Princess.  I can't imagine what impact this will do to the Philippine economy with so many at home and un-employed.  

I heard some months ago that the Island was to do a 111-day round-trip world cruise from/to Ft. Lauderdale leaving Jan. 3, 2021.  It's still being sold.  And the Island was to do (and is still scheduled) Europe this summer.  Are those cruises still going?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

I heard some months ago that the Island was to do a 111-day round-trip world cruise from/to Ft. Lauderdale leaving Jan. 3, 2021.  It's still being sold.  And the Island was to do (and is still scheduled) Europe this summer.  Are those cruises still going?

Have the Island booked Dec. 20th to Jan. 3rd.

So, hope so.

6 hours ago, Gimer said:

Somewhere I read that there were about 19,000 Filipino Crew working on Cruise Ships and that was a year ago.  Just showed up on Marine Traffic the three ships that left Long Beach last week and they are about 1,000 miles out, also heading for Manila.  They are HAL Eurodam, Carnival Panorama and Royal Princess.  I can't imagine what impact this will do to the Philippine economy with so many at home and un-employed.  

I just looked at Princess Bridge cams and many are already there or on their way!

The next port for the Crown and Island has changed from Fortaleza to Salvador Brazil. The Crown is making 16 knots, the Island is only doing 9 knots, not sure why (fuel mileage?)

I'll be checking in with my friend onboard the Island tomorrow or Tuesday to see how he is doing.

10 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

Impossible to answer, but they are still on the schedule from July 9 onward.

17 hours ago, GeeDunk said:

Have the Island booked Dec. 20th to Jan. 3rd.

So, hope so.

Hi there!  Is yours a Caribbean itinerary?  Alan and I had been on the Coral (twice), but never the Island.  I don't think I posted on CC that Alan passed away on March 1.  He had health problems for some time including Parkinson's and we hadn't cruised since 2016, having done 51 cruises.