Harmony Question-Deck 5

quick question- I haven't been able to find the answer

On the deck plans, it shows a running track on deck 5- which makes sense because you need to have some sort of open deck for the lifeboats.  I was on HOTS in february and don't remember seeing a lower outside deck, but i also wasn't looking for it.  We are doing the April 2021 transatlantic and my husband likes those lower decks to watch the waves and ponder his existence. If there is a running track, must there also be an outdoor deck of some sort on deck 5?

5 minutes ago, kruzinkel said:

quick question- I haven't been able to find the answer

On the deck plans, it shows a running track on deck 5- which makes sense because you need to have some sort of open deck for the lifeboats.  I was on HOTS in february and don't remember seeing a lower outside deck, but i also wasn't looking for it.  We are doing the April 2021 transatlantic and my husband likes those lower decks to watch the waves and ponder his existence. If there is a running track, must there also be an outdoor deck of some sort on deck 5?

Yes it is an outdoor wrap around deck on deck 5. 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=harmony+running+track&client=safari&hl=en-ca&prmd=mivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4oY7S3oPpAhXBnOAKHfQtCDkQ_AUoAnoECAwQAg&biw=1024&bih=666&dpr=2

C5B19F18-C111-4C1D-9CBD-BFFFBF0529F7.jpeg

5625B715-BABA-4F0E-ACB3-47BEA2BF2EE8.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It's really quite nice, not just for running...but we love it for our after breakfast walks.   Since it is all covered, you don't have to worry about bad weather either.  

Life boat deck, but no muster drills take place on it, and interesting the way the life boats are set up to simply walk into them from the deck when needed.  No need to lower to pick up pax during an emergency.  Saves valuable time.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, kruzinkel said:

just goes to show you that 7 days is not enough to explore all the nooks and crannies on that ship! can't wait to have 12 days to roam around her in April!

You don't really need to explore to find the area that you are asking about... it is the location that you embark Oasis class ships. It is the very first place that you set your foot when you boarded. Though sonetimes boarding is so exciting that you don't always take everything in.🙂

33 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sometimes an added bonus is one of the lifeboat covering doors is exposed, and you can see inside the lifeboat. 

Easy to peek inside through the windows also.  Check out the marked areas to sit...not really "social distancing" is it?  Sardines time!!  But better than going down with the ship.  😮😉 

You don't really need to explore to find the area that you are asking about... it is the location that you embark Oasis class ships. It is the very first place that you set your foot when you boarded. Though sonetimes boarding is so exciting that you don't always take everything in.🙂

Wow-  Thanks for the boarding advice.  Have you ever gotten to work and not remembered if you locked the house?  You know you probably did, because you always do, but can't remember the actual act of locking the door that morning?  And it drives you crazy until  you go home and see that  indeed you did lock the door?  This is kind of like that.  

43 minutes ago, kruzinkel said:

Wow-  Thanks for the boarding advice.  Have you ever gotten to work and not remembered if you locked the house?  You know you probably did, because you always do, but can't remember the actual act of locking the door that morning?  And it drives you crazy until  you go home and see that  indeed you did lock the door?  This is kind of like that.  

I feel Ocean Boy was just trying to jog your memory as to where the jogging track was and even provided a reason why you may not have remembered seeing it.

It's a shame you took his post as criticism.

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1