Gem Doctor Dies

pcakes122

55 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

How was it avoidable?   

Charter flights were arranged for the crew until the United States refused to allow them to disembark at US ports to catch those flights.  

Answered your own question

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

What more communications would you have liked to see???? There was an official source of information. NCL went as far as publicly announcing the death and the cause of death on April 13.

If the doctor's body was brought onshore in the US, the local coroner's office would have to make a final determination on the cause of death. FOIA them. 

Do you have a link to the  NCL public announcement about the crew member death on April 13th?

The only "announcement" I can find is the one in the link I posted which was INTERNAL notification to NCL employees (leaked by an employee) of how they should RESPOND if someone should approach them for information about the death.

I also did not see any public announcement from NCL of Dr. Guevara's death.  If you can post those links to to public announcements, that would be helpful.

4 hours ago, cruiser4801 said:

.....The only people NCL cares less about than their customers is their crew members.

Crew members are being horribly treated by NCL and the other cruise companies.

Any facts to report in relation to this allegation?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

Do you have a link to the  NCL public announcement about the crew member death on April 13th?

The only "announcement" I can find is the one in the link I posted which was INTERNAL notification to NCL employees (leaked by an employee) of how they should RESPOND if someone should approach them for information about the death.

I also did not see any public announcement from NCL of Dr. Guevara's death.  If you can post those links to to public announcements, that would be helpful.

If you google Dr. Alex Guevara there are 3 articles about his death.  NCL hasn't issued a statement however another NCL doctor has supposedly provided an email to the Miami Herald.

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

NCL hasn't issued a statement however another NCL doctor has supposedly provided an email to the Miami Herald.

That was my point. 😉 Thanks for confirming.

Also, the email from another NCL doctor was not provided to the Miami Herald. It was provided to the NCL CREW and one of the crew members leaked it to the press.

I can't find anything at all about the other crew member death on April 13th.

Edited by pcakes122

19 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

That was my point. 😉 Thanks for confirming.

Also, the email from another NCL doctor was not provided to the Miami Herald. It was provided to the NCL CREW and one of the crew members leaked it to the press.

I can't find anything at all about the other crew member death on April 13th.

Did you google it and read the article from Miami Herald???

It does mention the other Drs name

On 5/2/2020 at 1:11 AM, pcakes122 said:

I have posted before that I contracted Covid-19 on the NCL Bliss March 8th sailing. I did not and do not blame NCL in any way for my illness because I knew when I boarded the ship that there was a possibility I could contract the virus. However, I thought it was interesting that after NCL notified me via email that someone on the prior sailing had tested positive for Covid-19, they did not encourage me to get tested and/or report any test results back to them. They really didn't want to know, because if they did they would have had to report it to the CDC. 

. 🙁

I believe this is referred to as plausible deniability.    Glad you have made a full recovery.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Did you google it and read the article from Miami Herald???

It does mention the other Drs name

Yes, I read it. You may have just skimmed it, because the article clearly states that the email was OBTAINED by the Miami Herald (NOT SENT TO THEM FROM NCL.) If you read the article further, along with the other articles that shared the leaked email, you will see from the content that the email was directed internally to NCL crew. It was not a public statement or announcement.

The issue in question is whether or not NCL released information publicly about Dr. Guavara's passing (as well as the other crew death on April 13th), and the answer is still no as far as the evidence shows.  (I also question how they are so certain that Dr. Guavara did not have Covid-19 without a test while he was living or an autopsy after death.)

5 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Yes, I read it. You may have just skimmed it, because the article clearly states that the email was OBTAINED by the Miami Herald (NOT SENT TO THEM FROM NCL.) If you read the article further, along with the other articles that shared the leaked email, you will see from the content that the email was directed internally to NCL crew. It was not a public statement or announcement.

The issue in question is whether or not NCL released information publicly about Dr. Guavara's passing (as well as the other crew death on April 13th), and the answer is still no as far as the evidence shows.  (I also question how they are so certain that Dr. Guavara did not have Covid-19 without a test while he was living or an autopsy after death.)

Nope didn’t skim the article and never said NCL confirmed it , however it certainly seems the other Dr. confirmed it and gave a cause of death.

48 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Nope didn’t skim the article and never said NCL confirmed it , however it certainly seems the other Dr. confirmed it and gave a cause of death.

Then you may not have been reading the thread and misunderstood my post. The point of my post was that 1) NCL did not share this information publicly (you agree) and 2) NCL sent an email confirming that the cause of death was NOT Covid-19 although they cannot possibly be sure of that without either having tested the doctor while he was alive or performed an autopsy after death. (Neither is confirmed to have taken place.)

So your post only confirms the point I was trying to make.

My position is that in these uncertain times NCL should be very forthcoming about any crew deaths.  These are now two crew deaths that NCL has not publicly shared and we only found out about through leaked sources.

Just now, Buford T Justiice said:

Medical privacy... I believe the doctor and his family have a right to medical privacy if they wish.

If so, NCL should not be sharing in an email that he died from a heart attack.

Something like this, could'n't possibly happen to Norweigian's fleet of ships and its doctors ... right.

"Greg Mortimer cruise doctor pressured to edit coronavirus health form, safety officer fired" for raising the alarm.  

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article242328221.html

Hopefully, the crew members out of their contracts and stranded at sea will make their way home safely.  Recalling, bringing back the crews to sign on for a new contract, if and when cruise management get the green light to resume & start operations again ... might, IMHO, just be a notch or two more difficult and challenging, given how those on the frontline in ship operations are taken care of, as a "family".