Repatriation Plans Announced for Crew Members to get home

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This is about the only reason I can see sailing Anthem to India - RCI got a better deal on the dry dock in Singapore- Quantum was just done there in November. 

That makes sense. Make the trip cheaper overall 

16 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Is anthem supposed to be going to Southampton before India then? Seems like a bit of a d-tour. And apparently the UK 14 day isolation is only for arriving air passengers

The UK Chamber of Shipping is asking for seafarers to be excluded from the 14 day isolation and for the UK government to allow crew changes 

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Freedom has finally left Barbados (for Coco Cay) after lingering there for the past month+.

That’s good to know. Would be a great photo if she joined Liberty + Independence in Fort Lauderdale before her sail off to Southampton

10 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

That’s good to know. Would be a great photo if she joined Liberty + Independence in Fort Lauderdale before her sail off to Southampton

Ship visits to ports seem to be quite short (probably just resupply) - all the lingering seems to be happening around Coco Cay.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Ship visits to ports seem to be quite short (probably just resupply) - all the lingering seems to be happening around Coco Cay.

Yep I believe that’s what Independence and Liberty are doing today. Still, there’s likely to be photos out there if they end up bunching up around CocoCay!

Edited by Jack McGowan

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Harmony's sailing there doesn't seem to be happening.

Harmony’s is still happening, seems to be a bit delayed though. Apparently there are now roughly 3000 crew members on Harmony (transfers from Symphony just taken place), and she will shortly be heading down to Barbados for the planned flights. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Flightaware showed a "Pullmantur" 747 yesterday flight to Madrid from BGI - I assume maybe some crew on that. FA doesn't show any more flights for next two days which would likely take crew.

Wamos, formerly Pullmantur Air, is 19% owned by RCL. RCL owns the aircraft and leases them to the airline now. 

They have a 747 heading toward BGI Brigetown from Madrid now and another lifted for Jakarta, Indonesia from Madrid today. They took off from MAD within an hour of each other. 

The RCL and Springwater Capital joint venture was announced in 2016 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/royal-caribbean-cruises-ltd-and-springwater-capital-announce-joint-venture-300265847.html

Does anyone know where Brilliance is heading? She's been in and around Tampa for ages and I've just checked out Cruisemapper and she has headed south and is now just off the Coast of Key West.

I didn't think she was repatriating crew?

3 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Does anyone know where Brilliance is heading? She's been in and around Tampa for ages and I've just checked out Cruisemapper and she has headed south and is now just off the Coast of Key West.

I didn't think she was repatriating crew?

According to Marine Traffic, she's headed to Coco Cay.  Perhaps she'll transfer crew for repatriation and hang out in the Coco Cay Anchor Club.

Wamos flight 435 landed in Jakarta this morning and then flew on to Bali and now Wamos 434 is heading back to Madrid from Bali. 

Another Wamos flight 435 left Barbados last night and now lifted from Madrid for Jakarta. 

It is an interesting twist that RCL are able to do this on aircraft that they own. 

The other Wamos flights that lifted from Nicaragua and Havana, Cuba to Madrid would seem to not be Royal Caribbean related, along with the one that lifted to Abu Dhabi. The airline has been used quite a bit by European countries repatriating citizens, even in the early days from Wuhan itself.  

Anthem is just arriving in Bridgetown. I assume not all on board who plan to fly out can fit onto one flight so it may need to be there for a while (Explorer is circling just off Barbados). It was interesting to see at least 4 Carnival ships off the East Coast of Brazil on the way to Port Elizabeth in South Africa. I assumed Anthem may follow that path to India.

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Anthem is just arriving in Bridgetown. I assume not all on board who plan to fly out can fit onto one flight so it may need to be there for a while (Explorer is circling just off Barbados). It was interesting to see at least 4 Carnival ships off the East Coast of Brazil on the way to Port Elizabeth in South Africa. I assumed Anthem may follow that path to India.

It is all getting confusing, but does Anthem not need to be in the MED to pick up the Indian crew from Allure and Jewel from Jewel? 

Just now, MADflyer said:

It is all getting confusing, but does Anthem not need to be in the MED to pick up the Indian crew from Allure and Jewel from Jewel? 

I think Celebrity Infinity might be doing this now, Anthem might start heading straight to India

8 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I think Celebrity Infinity might be doing this now, Anthem might start heading straight to India

That makes sense then. The date they were to meet up is the 20th of May and that is when Infinity is due into Gibraltar. They could also do a charter flight from Gibraltar on that date as needed as well. 

It appears Jewel is departing Gibraltar now and will return to meet Infinity on the 20th. 

Edited by MADflyer
ship movement

1 minute ago, MADflyer said:

That makes sense then. The date they were to meet up is the 20th of May and that is when Infinity is due into Gibraltar. They could also do a charter flight from Gibraltar on that date as needed as well. 

I imagine Jewel will sail tonight or tomorrow from Gibraltar and return on the 20th then. 

Below is from Cruise Industry News I think,  we can presume that Anthem has been swapped out for Celeb Infinity, then presumably after the transfers Jewel is heading to Southampton?

91204224-C986-4F61-9B72-522293A5FBAB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Below is from Cruise Industry News I think,  we can presume that Anthem has been swapped out for Celeb Infinity, then presumably after the transfers Jewel is heading to Southampton?

91204224-C986-4F61-9B72-522293A5FBAB.jpeg

This was part of the original plan announced MAY 3

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

This was part of the original plan announced MAY 3

Yep that’s why some stuff has changed up a bit, shows what the original plan was though. Don’t know if they are still planning on taking jewels crew up to the uk

I think the Southampton stop for all ships heading there is to fly home the Europeans, Canadians and other remaining crew. 

Every time I search I find interesting movements. Carnival has there Breeze heading to Southampton, but then she is now also scheduled to head to Cadiz from there. Spain is still closed to cruise ships so that would almost have to be to the shipyard. Maybe she has workers or supplies for the other Carnival ship at the shipyard.