Another PCC Bites the Dust!

DwayneG

I've worked in two different sales-driven companies.  When we lost a sales rep the incoming rep would reach out to all the orphaned clients to let them know of their new rep and keep business from leaking away.  I generally enjoy NCL, but they have a very different business model.  Through the years I've lost 6 different Personal Cruise Consultants and was only notified one...that was the time my PCC was so good she was promoted, and she personally reached out to me and pointed me to my new rep.  Found out yesterday my PCC left several weeks ago, and I'm still getting NCL e-mails listing him as my PCC.  I only found out he was gone when I finally called the main sales number and asked for ANYBODY who could help.

Sadly I had last asked him about taking advantage of what I thought was a pretty good deal.  He said he'd check, then nothing.  By the time I finally checked the deal was over.  So I missed out on a cruise I wanted and NCL missed out on some much-needed revenue.

If NCL wants to stop the bleeding they really need to clean up their processes in the PCC area so cruisers know who they have a relationship with.

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but we just had to go thought the ordeal of canceling a Transatlantic cruise. My local travel agent walked me through the process and we received our 125% FCC and a full refund from British Airlines. My point here, is maybe it’s time to find a local guy who will work for you, and not the cruise line. We are originally from the St. Louis area, I know there should be plenty to choose from. 

4 hours ago, DwayneG said:

If NCL wants to stop the bleeding they really need to clean up their processes in the PCC area so cruisers know who they have a relationship with.

I think the PCC program is the last thing on NCL's mind these days.

6 hours ago, DwayneG said:

I've worked in two different sales-driven companies.  When we lost a sales rep the incoming rep would reach out to all the orphaned clients to let them know of their new rep and keep business from leaking away.  I generally enjoy NCL, but they have a very different business model.  Through the years I've lost 6 different Personal Cruise Consultants and was only notified one...that was the time my PCC was so good she was promoted, and she personally reached out to me and pointed me to my new rep.  Found out yesterday my PCC left several weeks ago, and I'm still getting NCL e-mails listing him as my PCC.  I only found out he was gone when I finally called the main sales number and asked for ANYBODY who could help.

Sadly I had last asked him about taking advantage of what I thought was a pretty good deal.  He said he'd check, then nothing.  By the time I finally checked the deal was over.  So I missed out on a cruise I wanted and NCL missed out on some much-needed revenue.

Probably the best thing that happened to you financially.

6 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Get a good TA.  They offer better amenities and lower prices than any PCC.

This.  I have no idea why anyone would book through a cruise line.  The money we've saved by using a good TA has literally paid for more than 3 sailings, lock stock and barrel.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Love my butler said:

This. I always thought it was impressive that NCL tricked people into thinking the "PCC" was anything more than a sales rep, hired by the cruise line. A good TA always gives you a better price and/or OBC. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Also to note a TA will have diversified travel interests and not be tied to one cruise line.

Having all the NCL eggs in one basket is not a good way to stay in business with job security.

• Like 1