New Website Look

cellfree

2 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

I can log in but do very little else.  No improvement in my eyes.  Does distract from refund conversation though.

What are you prevented from doing? I can do everything I could do on the old site.

Did you do the exact steps I said above? Because if not, it will say you are logged in, but still prompt you for email verification.

Today I can log in. However when doing a search I get a message that tells me I “cannot proceed further until I go to my countries website,” don’t remember exact wording, but frustrating. 

It would be nice if that when you go to make a booking that they had the actual deck plan of the ship you are trying to book!

I booked a YC room on the Seashore for March 2022 a few weeks ago.  I went in yesterday (and again today) to find another week to make a B2B.  When I pulled the chart to select a room, decks 16 and 18 looked like the Seaside and Seaview decks, and that is different than the deck plan you can pull up when you google Seashore Deckplan.  I'd be happy if I accidentally got a Royal Suite, but angry if I thought I had a Grand Suite and got a YC2.

38 minutes ago, sidari said:

John ... On the homepage have you tried clicking on Our Ships and the Seashore for the deck plans ? With two windows open you can view your intended cabin location.

I have done that workaround, Dave.  That's what I meant when I said you could Google and see the plan.  Since it is a new ship, the problem I see is someone who goes to through the reservation process is going to be getting misleading information on the reserve a cabin stage.  That's a problem to someone who trusts the site to be accurate.  I just think it would be good to keep things au cuorant (to channel Bea!).  The one good thing, is the site lets you get to the point of picking your cabin, but then shuts down and don't let you complete the reservation (in typical MSC IT efficiency!)😂

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

Today I can log in. However when doing a search I get a message that tells me I “cannot proceed further until I go to my countries website,” don’t remember exact wording, but frustrating. 

Go to your profile and enter your nationality, mine was missing and I had the same problem.

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

Since it is a new ship, the problem I see is someone who goes to through the reservation process is going to be getting misleading information on the reserve a cabin stage.  That's a problem to someone who trusts the site to be accurate.  I just think it would be good to keep things au cuorant (to channel Bea!).

Yes I get Seaside deck plans for Seashore bookings for YIN, YC Deluxe and Royal Suite cabins (in the wrong locations).  For YC Deluxe Grand and Owner's suites you get a crazy error page - below.  There are Seaside deck plan errors throughout other cabin types also. Aurea balcony example below.  Here's your chance again @Stockjock

Mess.jpg

Aurea balcony.jpg

Edited by Até

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

I have done that workaround, Dave.  That's what I meant when I said you could Google and see the plan.  Since it is a new ship, the problem I see is someone who goes to through the reservation process is going to be getting misleading information on the reserve a cabin stage.  That's a problem to someone who trusts the site to be accurate.  I just think it would be good to keep things au cuorant (to channel Bea!).  The one good thing, is the site lets you get to the point of picking your cabin, but then shuts down and don't let you complete the reservation (in typical MSC IT efficiency!)😂

Not sure if you can get this particular page up but seasscanner now shows deck plans and available cabins, not looked to see if Seashore is listed.

Ate, my nationality is listed, will continue to try and “work” the new website, not a fan yet. Perhaps it is a sign - I am not meant to search for cruises to replace the two that were cancelled! Also noticed that in the Voyagers Club section they are back to using Black for highest level, probably something their proofreader never caught. 

Sorry to hear that didn't work.  I was able to log in to a specific sailing by booking number and updated my passenger data that was missing, after I did that I was able to fully log in to my account, it may have been coincidence.  It will probably take several days for them to work out all the bugs.  Voyagers section at least has my points and expiration date correct. 

21 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Did you try the exact steps I said above? I just tried and that still works for me

That did work, thanks.  Odd the other day when it did work I didn't have to do that.

This is the page I keep getting hung up on since the update when I try to search for the additional Voyager Club discount sailings. I can log into to my account, I can search for the additional VC discounts but then the site asks me to select my VC membership number which I can do. There's no where to click inside the MSC Club Member box and if I click anywhere outside of the box I'm taken back to the MSC Homepage and have to star the process all over again.

image.thumb.png.e6b4d2148ef862ab0253ac181b44bec9.png

Anyone else having similar issues?

On 5/12/2020 at 12:14 PM, alyssamma said:

What are you prevented from doing? I can do everything I could do on the old site.

Did you do the exact steps I said above? Because if not, it will say you are logged in, but still prompt you for email verification.

Well for one thing I keep getting the message: 

• Contact Us request failed!
  • Send Contact Us Failed

Can not use their contact us feature.  Also there is no reference to my cancelled cruise on 3/22/20.

I am on day 59 of the "within 60 days" timeframe for my promised refund.  Starting to get concerned/annoyed. 

27 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

• Send Contact Us Failed

Can not use their contact us feature.  Also there is no reference to my cancelled cruise on 3/22/20.

I am on day 59 of the "within 60 days" timeframe for my promised refund.  Starting to get concerned/annoyed. 

OK, you said can do "very little else"...so is it just the contact stuff or really you can't do other stuff?

As mentioned, I can do all of the things I did on the "old" site. I never tried to email them tho...black hole as far as I'm concerned. I would try calling them.

20 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

• Send Contact Us Failed

I guess they are being proactive since they don't intend to reply to customers if the request did get through.