O Life package without airfare?

corpkid

Hi All,

Is it possible to purchase the O Life package, but get a credit for the airfare portion of said package?  As you know the current O Life offer is very enticing, however we always book our own air using points.

Many thanks!

23 minutes ago, corpkid said:

Hi All,

Is it possible to purchase the O Life package, but get a credit for the airfare portion of said package?  As you know the current O Life offer is very enticing, however we always book our own air using points.

Many thanks!

When you are looking at a cruise on the O website, it shows "cruise only" and "O Life fares."

Start a mock booking by selecting a cabin category on the first page and note the O Life fare on that initial page - it includes the air tix. 

Select your cabin category and continue to the next page. At the top, it gives you a choice of "need air" or "don't need air". Select NO for air and head to the next page (note that this will require that you have or register for an Oceania account (no cost and you can opt out of advertising spam).

Once on the next page you'll again see the various cabin levels with O Life. But, the price will have been reduced by the value of the air credit. First page price - this price = air credit.

Note that, in most cases, the "O Life price with out air" and with your choice of the O Life SBC option is equal to the "cruise only" price plus the value of the SBC. So, it's a wash.

But, if you take the basic booze O Life option, how much you drink could make O Life worthwhile.

That said, most O regulars will agree that if you want to do all or some of the ship tours, do take the O Life with the excursions option since the allowable tours can be valued up to $199. That's up to twice the SBC since the O Life offer initially equates each tour to each $100 SBC (e.g., 8 tours or $800). In addition, those O Life tours count toward the minimum required total tours for your specific itinerary-which gets you an added 25% discount off the paid tour choices.

Though we also may do private tours, we almost always take O Life without air but with excursions option.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

When you are looking at a cruise on the O website, it shows "cruise only" and "O Life fares."

Start a mock booking by selecting a cabin category on the first page and note the O Life fare on that initial page - it includes the air tix. 

Select your cabin category and continue to the next page. At the top, it gives you a choice of "need air" or "don't need air". Select NO for air and head to the next page (note that this will require that you have or register for an Oceania account (no cost and you can opt out of advertising spam).

Once on the next page you'll again see the various cabin levels with O Life. But, the price will have been reduced by the value of the air credit. First page price - this price = air credit.

Note that, in most cases, the "O Life price with out air" and with your choice of the O Life SBC option is equal to the "cruise only" price plus the value of the SBC. So, it's a wash.

But, if you take the basic booze O Life option, how much you drink could make O Life worthwhile.

That said, most O regulars will agree that if you want to do all or some of the ship tours, do take the O Life with the excursions option since the allowable tours can be valued up to $199. That's up to twice the SBC since the O Life offer initially equates each tour to each $100 SBC (e.g., 8 tours or $800). In addition, those O Life tours count toward the minimum required total tours for your specific itinerary-which gets you an added 25% discount off the paid tour choices.

Though we also may do private tours, we almost always take O Life without air but with excursions option.

Thank you so much for the exceptionally helpful response.  Greatly appreciate it.  🙂

Edited by corpkid

17 hours ago, corpkid said:

Thank you so much for the exceptionally helpful response.  Greatly appreciate it.  🙂

17 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

To complicate matters... the current Ultimate Sale  which applies to some but not all cruises is including some O life benefits like OBC and Gratuities, even  when you purchase the Cruise only option...     I just booked a Sept 20. 2021 on Marina  in Europe  and was given BOTH  for the fare..      So options  can change somewhat.      A note on the use of O life for tours.    In checking prices for a current cruise hitting France  UK and Spain    there were mostly tours in the 250-350 range   I was hard pressed  to find any under 200      The ones I did find  were short 2-3 hour walking tours or a hop on hop off bus. 

So check   Things can , like the tides in San Pablo bay,  change with some regularity.   

15 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

To complicate matters... the current Ultimate Sale  which applies to some but not all cruises is including some O life benefits like OBC and Gratuities, even  when you purchase the Cruise only option...     I just booked a Sept 20. 2021 on Marina  in Europe  and was given BOTH  for the fare..     

Are you sure you get BOTH

The  ad says

a FREE amenity of your choice and much more!

FREE - 8 Shore Excursions
FREE - Beverage Package
FREE - $800 Shipboard Credit
Amenities are per stateroom

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Are you sure you get BOTH

The  ad says

a FREE amenity of your choice and much more!

FREE - 8 Shore Excursions
FREE - Beverage Package
FREE - $800 Shipboard Credit
Amenities are per stateroom

I I read the ad too.....  but when I got my invoice  from O, it stated I had $ 800 obc (400pp) AND  $640 pp gratuities. !      It referred to O life benefits   but the fare was "cruise  only" that I booked.      Double checked and was surprised.     It is  my assumption that they are  trying to offer additional perks so as to entice  and insure your staying with this cruise............that added  to the fact they cut the fare $2200 pp ,( $4400 per )cabin) allowing me to explore cabin options I would never have dreamed of.    Its a buyers market that you might well explore

I never heard of air fare being included in the price of a cruise.. maybe because I was always flying by myself and all the cruises we took were like average cruisers with nothing particularly special about them... I wonder how much more the cruise cost is if the airfare is included in it

10 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I never heard of air fare being included in the price of a cruise.. maybe because I was always flying by myself and all the cruises we took were like average cruisers with nothing particularly special about them... I wonder how much more the cruise cost is if the airfare is included in it

follow the instructions provided in post No 3 and you will be able to see what the price Oceania puts on airfare for any cruise listed.

10 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Well   O gets bulk or wholesale airfare rates    But.... if you take the O life fare  Subtract 50% of the OBC credit then subtract that you will get about how much.     BUT..... if you take O life with air... and opt for the air credit you will get less...   

2 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

I I read the ad too.....  but when I got my invoice  from O, it stated I had $ 800 obc (400pp) AND  $640 pp gratuities. !      It referred to O life benefits   but the fare was "cruise  only" that I booked.      Double checked and was surprised.     It is  my assumption that they are  trying to offer additional perks so as to entice  and insure your staying with this cruise............that added  to the fact they cut the fare $2200 pp ,( $4400 per )cabin) allowing me to explore cabin options I would never have dreamed of.    Its a buyers market that you might well explore

Regardless of "cruise only" or O Life, If your O Club level is silver (?) or above, you should always see O Club comp PPGs on your invoice. Or, if your TA is paying them, you'll see $125 per person O Club "in lieu" (of O Club grats.) SBC.

Likewise, your O Club Level will get you varying amounts of loyalty SBC (e.g., $250 per person for Platinum). And, if you have a multi-segment custom cruise (not marketed as an "extended journey"), you'll get the loyalty SBC for each segment.

In essence then, if (for example) you're Platinum and your TA is paying grats, you'll see $500 O Club SBC and $250 O Club "in lieu" PPGs on every invoice (double that if it' says a custom 2 segment cruise) 

Finally, some TAs' added SBC may come from O incentive funds and may be on the O invoice (though Commission sharing won't be listed).

BTW, "ultimate O Life" is nothing new (all three perks). It' says seen more often outside of the US but slow moving cruise sales may occasionally have it pop up in some US offerings.

17 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

JUst had our TA get significant price adjustments on two future cruises (November 2020 and January 2021 and may get an adjustment on a 2022 cruise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Regardless of "cruise only" or O Life, If your O Club level is silver (?) or above, you should always see O Club comp PPGs on your invoice. Or, if your TA is paying them, you'll see $125 per person O Club "in lieu" (of O Club grats.) SBC.

Likewise, your O Club Level will get you varying amounts of loyalty SBC (e.g., $250 per person for Platinum). And, if you have a multi-segment custom cruise (not marketed as an "extended journey"), you'll get the loyalty SBC for each segment.

In essence then, if (for example) you're Platinum and your TA is paying grats, you'll see $500 O Club SBC and $250 O Club "in lieu" PPGs on every invoice (double that if it' says a custom 2 segment cruise) 

Finally, some TAs' added SBC may come from O incentive funds and may be on the O invoice (though Commission sharing won't be listed).

BTW, "ultimate O Life" is nothing new (all three perks). It' says seen more often outside of the US but slow moving cruise sales may occasionally have it pop up in some US offerings.

Well   The gave me then yesterday.....   I did not mention that the 400PP obc ( 800 cabin) was the base.  The did itemize  my  additional OBC  based on O club level...

Thank you all again for your help.  I'm hoping you can help me figure something else out. I am going to book this cruise from Singapore to Dubai May 23, 2022:  https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Asia-cruises/singapore-to-dubai-NAU220523/

As you can see, it shows it being eligible for the Ultimate Sale.  However, when I go to book it online, I'm presented with 3 options:

$400 OBC

4 Shorex

PS Beverage package

...and no mention of the Ultimate Sale offerings. 

Would these be above and beyond the Ultimate Sale offerings or is the online system just not working correctly?

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

Interesting

I do not see any cruises  for Sept 2021  even the insides  are more than $2200 PP

or I need new glasses  😉

35 minutes ago, corpkid said:

Thank you all again for your help.  I'm hoping you can help me figure something else out. I am going to book this cruise from Singapore to Dubai May 23, 2022:  https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Asia-cruises/singapore-to-dubai-NAU220523/

As you can see, it shows it being eligible for the Ultimate Sale.  However, when I go to book it online, I'm presented with 3 options:

$400 OBC

4 Shorex

PS Beverage package

...and no mention of the Ultimate Sale offerings. 

Would these be above and beyond the Ultimate Sale offerings or is the online system just not working correctly?

Most O sales and discounts do not include all cruises. That said, the current "ultimate sale" applies to a lot but not necessary all future cruises. 

Also, Ultimate O Life, which is all three perks may only be added to some of the "Ultimate Sale" itineraries (or any other cruises).

"Ultimate O Life" will clearly state something along the lines of "enjoy all 3 amenities."

Perhaps Dan could post what cruise he's talking about and folks could check out if it's "ultimate O Life" or not. If it's not, it would be helpful to know exactly what is said on his invoice for that line of text. 

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Also, Ultimate O Life, which is all three perks may only be added to some of the "Ultimate Sale" itineraries (or any other cruises).

Ultimate sale and Ultimate OLife are not synonymous AFAIK

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

Ultimate sale and Ultimate OLife are not synonymous AFAIK

Yes! Use of the term "ultimate" is almost as confusing as is "FCC," which can mean either a purchased Future Cruise Certificate OR the recently more often seen Future Cruise Credit. Totally different animals.

11 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Most O sales and discounts do not include all cruises. That said, the current "ultimate sale" applies to a lot but not necessary all future cruises. 

"Ultimate O Life" will clearly state something along the lines of "enjoy all 3 amenities."

Perhaps Dan could post what cruise he's talking about and folks could check out if it's "ultimate O Life" or not. If it's not, it would be helpful to know exactly what is said on his invoice for that line of text. 

So if you go to the O homepage and click on the "View Cruises" in the big "Ultimate Sale" advert, then go to the very end (last page of cruises) you'll see the cruise I mention is listed along with the "Ultimate Sale" banner on the bottom of the image.

Should I just call O and book this?

1 minute ago, corpkid said:

So if you go to the O homepage and click on the "View Cruises" in the big "Ultimate Sale" advert, then go to the very end (last page of cruises) you'll see the cruise I mention is listed along with the "Ultimate Sale" banner on the bottom of the image.

Sorry- not about to search. Just post a link to the page with the cruise. If it says anything along the lines of "your choice of ...", it's just regular O Life. If it's all 3, "Ultimate O Life" will be prominently displayed. 

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Sorry- not about to search. Just post a link to the page with the cruise. If it says anything along the lines of "your choice of ...", it's just regular O Life. If it's all 3, "Ultimate O Life" will be prominently displayed. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Asia-cruises/singapore-to-dubai-NAU220523/

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

It clearly says CHOICE OF....

It's just a lower cabin price with YOUR CHOICE OF one of the three amenities.

I understand that - my issue is that I'm not seeing the "Ultimate Sale" offers at all when I move through the booking process.

Instead of 8 shorex, it's 4.

Instead of $800 OBC, it's $400

20 minutes ago, corpkid said:

I understand that - my issue is that I'm not seeing the "Ultimate Sale" offers at all when I move through the booking process.

Instead of 8 shorex, it's 4.

Instead of $800 OBC, it's $400

The published perks on the website are "per cabin," It even says it on the first page for the cruise ("amenities are per cabin"). When you finally book, your invoice should say "$XXX (or X tours) Guest 1" under one name and "$XXX (or X tours) Guest 2" under the other name. That would then be the published perks cut in half (but totaling the published number).

When you say "move through the booking process, I hope you're not booking this yourself!!!

Always use a TA (preferably an Oceania Connoisseurs Club member agency where you should be able to get some commission sharing as an added perk). And even if you do book with O direct, recognize that you have 30 days to transfer it to a TA for their added perks. 

One other caveat. On a rare occasion, the O web will have some glitches that may require dumping your cookies to come up with current info or the modification of the specific cruise info across all pages just may not have caught up.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, corpkid said:

you could  or you could use  a TA  if you have one  or look for one of the Oceania  Cruise Connoisseur Club ones

(Google is your friend)

• Like 1