Regent Refund Roll Call

Sometimes the number of days calculated by the spreadsheet are off by one or two days.  For example, for liptastic I just entered the data and it calculated the days differently for columns E and F, even though the formula looks like they should be the same right now.

I attribute this error to two things:

1. There is some rounding error in the date.  When I enter a date it includes the time of 12:00 AM (00:00), even though it does not show it.  Since I use @NOW in the formula for column E, it calculates to the current time (currently 1:50 PM for me)  I think that all the other dates are set at midnight.
  2. We are in different time zones, so someone else's date is not always the same date for me when I put it in the spreadsheet.

I hope everyone is understanding and will agree with me that if the number of days is a day or two off that is probably not a big deal in the overall scheme of things.

• Like 1

We haven't written before, but do want to note now that our May 17, 2020 cruise (18 days Miami to San Francisco on the Mariner) was cancelled by Regent on April 24th.  We filed for a full cash refund on April 25th.  We received the full refund today (June 20th).  We continue to be pleased with Regent in every respect and hope to sail with them in the future.

9 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Sometimes the number of days calculated by the spreadsheet are off by one or two days.  For example, for liptastic I just entered the data and it calculated the days differently for columns E and F, even though the formula looks like they should be the same right now.

I attribute this error to two things:

1. There is some rounding error in the date.  When I enter a date it includes the time of 12:00 AM (00:00), even though it does not show it.  Since I use @NOW in the formula for column E, it calculates to the current time (currently 1:50 PM for me)  I think that all the other dates are set at midnight.
  2. We are in different time zones, so someone else's date is not always the same date for me when I put it in the spreadsheet.

I hope everyone is understanding and will agree with me that if the number of days is a day or two off that is probably not a big deal in the overall scheme of things.

Susie - you are doing such a great job with this spreadsheet which was hugely helpful to me in "guestimating" the time taken for the refund that being one or two days off in the count is really not important.  I appreciate so much what you have done and continue to do!

All we are waiting for now is the refund of our extraordinary travel expenses incurred when our cruise was cancelled and we were "stranded" in San Diego.  Regent has told me that this will come soon.  Meantime I am happy to report that Swiss refunded us 100% of the unused portion of our flights.  That really helps too.

Thank you Susie

we are still waiting our refund from our TA ...over 90 days.

I am informed that Regent has processed the refund but our TA who offered an Abta Credit note that if not paid by July I would be! I refused this credit note .

By law refunds should be made within 14 days.

In April I applied to my Credit Card ....today I am advised that they’ve are looking into it...

It has been a long hard battle with no refund yet...
I will not use this TA again.

37 minutes ago, piscean said:

Thank you Susie

we are still waiting our refund from our TA ...over 90 days.

I am informed that Regent has processed the refund but our TA who offered an Abta Credit note that if not paid by July I would be! I refused this credit note .

By law refunds should be made within 14 days.

In April I applied to my Credit Card ....today I am advised that they’ve are looking into it...

It has been a long hard battle with no refund yet...
I will not use this TA again.

I don't understand why the TA is involved...are you outside of the USA?  Here, a TA takes credit card info and makes the payment on your behalf to Regent. In a refund is required, the money comes back to your credit card directly. Or a client can call in the payment themselves.

• Like 1

We usually book the whole package with Regent (flights, transfers etc) and they would indeed refund back to us.

However  this TA takes the Regent cruise then adds on the flights and transfers. They are not paying us until the suppliers pay them, which is against the package regulations.

Even when they say Regent have refunded them, they say they are still waiting for the suppliers to pay them!

20 minutes ago, piscean said:

We usually book the whole package with Regent (flights, transfers etc) and they would indeed refund back to us.

However  this TA takes the Regent cruise then adds on the flights and transfers. They are not paying us until the suppliers pay them, which is against the package regulations.

Even when they say Regent have refunded them, they say they are still waiting for the suppliers to pay them!

What are "package regulations"?  

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

What are "package regulations"?  

This is from Gov.uk....

Refunds in the event of termination

14.—(1) The provisions of this regulation are implied as a term in every package travel contract.

(2) Following a termination under regulation 12(2), the organiser must reimburse any payments made by or on behalf of the traveller, having deducted any termination fee.

(3) Any—

(a)reimbursement required under paragraph (2), or

(b)refund required pursuant to—

(i)regulation 12(8), or

(ii)a termination under regulation 13(3),

must be made to the traveller without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the package travel contract is terminated.

Abta (Association of British Travel Agents ) applied to the Government to extend the period of 14 days but it has not be extended.

2 minutes ago, piscean said:

This is from Gov.uk....

Refunds in the event of termination

14.—(1) The provisions of this regulation are implied as a term in every package travel contract.

(2) Following a termination under regulation 12(2), the organiser must reimburse any payments made by or on behalf of the traveller, having deducted any termination fee.

(3) Any—

(a)reimbursement required under paragraph (2), or

(b)refund required pursuant to—

(i)regulation 12(8), or

(ii)a termination under regulation 13(3),

must be made to the traveller without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the package travel contract is terminated.

Abta (Association of British Travel Agents ) applied to the Government to extend the period of 14 days but it has not be extended.

Thank you!

For our Splendor 3/14 cruise, which was cancelled, our travel agent received her full commission..

when I phoned and asked her for my rebate, her answer was....

”you received a full refund so you are not entitled to any rebate for this trip”.

She did nothing for me. I booked the trip myself, turned it over to her, and cancelled myself. I wish I could do something, but I am helpless. 
Obviously, I will never use her again!
sheila and Herb

• Like 1

Sheila - the first thing I did when our cruise was cancelled was to refund the "rebate" to my TA.   Travel Agents don't get paid until the ship sails. Rebate comes from the TA commission.    Ship doesn't sail - no commission.   I have been using my TA for at least 12 or more years.  And would certainly book with them again.

Gerry

• Like 1

Gerry...

Our former TA did receive her 100% commission.. she told me. She just didn’t think we were entitled to our normal rebate because Regent reimbursed us. 
My question to her... what difference does my dealings with Regent have to do with receiving my “rebate”. She now has 100% of her commission. I am not greedy.. it’s really not about the money. It’s about her attitude!!!

sheila

11 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

I still don't get it ... if I don't/can't travel why should an agent be given a commission?

They still put in all the work.  Often more, if they are helping you get your refund or helped make alternative arrangements to get you home.

3 hours ago, piscean said:

@piscean, as well as keeping up the pressure on your TA I suggest you share your experience with the UK Government Agency, the CMA: https://www.coronavirus-business-complaint.service.gov.uk/

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

I still don't get it ... if I don't/can't travel why should an agent be given a commission?

Gerry, this is simply a case of Regent going above and beyond what is required of them during one of the most difficult times in our lives.  TA's have taken a bit hit during the pandemic and it would have been a shame to withhold the commission that they worked for.

I really need to hold back my feelings when I read that people want to attempt ("attempt" being the operative word) to encourage people to try and get their TA or Regent in trouble when it is struggling to survive.  Is there no compassion or understanding about the current situation?  

8 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Gerry, this is simply a case of Regent going above and beyond what is required of them during one of the most difficult times in our lives.  TA's have taken a bit hit during the pandemic and it would have been a shame to withhold the commission that they worked for.

I really need to hold back my feelings when I read that people want to attempt ("attempt" being the operative word) to encourage people to try and get their TA or Regent in trouble when it is struggling to survive.  Is there no compassion or understanding about the current situation?  

Jackie...

I hope you are not  referring to me. 
I spoke with other travel agents with other companies who did advise me that they sent their clients their rebates, even though they did not sail. 
If she offered it, I might have told her to keep it or only accepted a lesser amount. But, she was not pleasant regarding this subject. My motto is.... don’t bite the hand that feeds you....

I will not be feeding her anymore. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Jackie...

I hope you are not  referring to me. 
I spoke with other travel agents with other companies who did advise me that they sent their clients their rebates, even though they did not sail. 
If she offered it, I might have told her to keep it or only accepted a lesser amount. But, she was not pleasant regarding this subject. My motto is.... don’t bite the hand that feeds you....

I will not be feeding her anymore. 
sheila

Sheila,

Definitely not talking about you.  What you went through with your TA was unpleasant to say the least.  Despite that, you did not contact any agency to complain about them (not even sure that we have an agency that covers TA's).  I do not believe that you contacted your credit card company - even though you knew that the refunds could take up to 90 days.  Most of us understand that what we are going through is not normal and we do our best to understand what others are going through.

If anything, you are a model for accepting things that others might go ballistic over.  After all, you canceled our March 14th cruise days before Regent canceled it and therefore lost the possibility of getting an extra 25% in FCC's.  I have not seen you complain about it - not once!  You also do not complain about protocols, possible skipped ports when we are finally able to sail, etc.

I admire how you are handling the whole situation👏

Jackie

• Like 1