Regent Refund Roll Call

6 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I have been told by Regent that my request for reimbursement for the (substantial) cost of getting from San Diego to Switzerland has been approved and that they will contact me to set up a wire transfer of the funds.  (No cheques in Switzerland and haven't been for well over 30 years now...). I do not as yet know how much they will reimburse but will post once I do.  Swiss has also told me that I can expect full reimbursement for the flight from MIA to ZRH that I could not take (Swiss cancelled this route around 12 March...).  So all that is good news.

All we could do to celebrate our 55th anniversary on 20 March was to have a pizza delivered but we made up for it as soon as restaurants re-opened on 11 May by going to what we consider the best restaurant in the Valais (1 star Michelin, 17/20 G-M points) for a "splendid" lunch.   Still would rather have had that celebration on the Splendor.

Terrific to hear this news. Must be a great feeling to now be made whole by Regent. Hopefully our refund for our June 4 Splendor cruise (would have disembarked today in Barcelona) will happen soon.

2 hours ago, Finnishfox said:

Our refund for May 11 Voyager cruise was received today.  

It is always good to hear that another refund came in.  If you would like your info in the spreadsheet, I need to know what day you requested the refund.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:23 PM, flossie009 said:

Scheduled sail date: 27 March 2020 (Voyager)

Cancelled by Regent: 20 Feb 2020

Refund request: 23 Feb 2020

Refund received: 03 April 2020 (date back on credit card account)

Scheduled sail date: 16 April 2020 (Voyager)

Cancelled by Regent: 31 March 2020

Refund request: 31 March 2020

No refund to date (13 May 2020)

Notes:

1. Both the above cruises were on the same booking but the segments were cancelled on different dates. The first segment was cancelled before the imposition of the 90 day refund period. In fact the refund was promised to be made within "10 to 14 days" 🙄

2. Two minor expenses claims (flight cancellation & amendment fees) have also been made (March 17 & April 2). Both were acknowledged; neither have been paid.

Updates:

1. Full refund for the 16 April 2020 segment was received back on our credit card today (17 June 2020)

2. Expenses claim made on 17 March 2020 (associated with 27 March 2020 segment) was paid into our bank account on 29 May

Thank you @SusieQft for starting and updating the very useful spreadsheet tracking the progress of refunds.

• Thanks 2

For those who are concerned about the hefty refunds parked on credit cards, we had a good experience with Chase Sapphire Reserve.  When the credits from Regent showed up, I called Chase to request a wire transfer to our checking account.   They sent a form via email that requested details re:  bank routing numbers, etc.   I completed that today, the check request is noted in my account and they said it will take 1-3 business days to hit my checking account.  From there I need to decide where to park it until our next cruise!  

My American Express statement is automatically paid by debit from my checking account, so I am hoping it can work in reverse. I forgot to ask when I was talking to them (Amex) earlier this week about something else.

7 minutes ago, Pam said:

My American Express statement is automatically paid by debit from my checking account, so I am hoping it can work in reverse. I forgot to ask when I was talking to them (Amex) earlier this week about something else.

While what you want  would  work with Chase, I recently asked Amex as I had a credit on my card I wanted sent and the answer was no, have to send a check.  Have not actually requested a check yet but, that is what I was told.

28 minutes ago, Pam said:

Our chase account is also automatically paid from our checking account at Wells Fargo.  It was a simple process to initiate the electronic transaction.   I don’t know about you, but the USPS in Atlanta is bad and mail is mis delivered or goes missing.  We also have thieves who plunder mailboxes.   Hence, doing all this electronically is a much better scenario.     

58 minutes ago, forgap said:

For those who are concerned about the hefty refunds parked on credit cards, we had a good experience with Chase Sapphire Reserve.  When the credits from Regent showed up, I called Chase to request a wire transfer to our checking account.   They sent a form via email that requested details re:  bank routing numbers, etc.   I completed that today, the check request is noted in my account and they said it will take 1-3 business days to hit my checking account.  From there I need to decide where to park it until our next cruise!  

We also used Chase Sapphire and they were great. It actually showed in my B of A checking account the very next day after I completed the electronic form they emailed to me. Set expectations and then beat them = satisfied customers. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rallydave said:

While what you want  would  work with Chase, I recently asked Amex as I had a credit on my card I wanted sent and the answer was no, have to send a check.  Have not actually requested a check yet but, that is what I was told.

Depends on the amount. AMEX has a limit. Would be good to know the amounts involved from all the posters.

24 minutes ago, CBWIR said:

Depends on the amount. AMEX has a limit. Would be good to know the amounts involved from all the posters.

Well, asked about only $1,000 and the answer was no, had to get a check.  Decided to spend against the thousand and not chance a check.as we have the post office from hell in our neighborhood.  Steal regularly checks, credit cards, packages, etc.  and whitewash the checks and try presenting them for themselves.

My refund will be quite large because it was for six people,  four suites.  I'll call Amex again tomorrow and see what they say, then start working toward how to get the actual money.  Then when/if I find something out, I will report back here.  I had booked the air separately, and that has mostly been handled already.

Luckily for us we paid by wire transfer to our TA for the final payment.  But we had made the initial deposit on a card linked to a brokerage account that my husband no longer has.  His broker sorted that one out and got that credit transfered to his current brokerage account.  The rest was a smaller (under $500) payment that I made to a Citi Visa card.  Since then Citi discontinued issuing credit cards to people living outside the USA.  So the money went into a sort of limbo.  Luckily I remembered the user name and password for that card and located the credit.  Our bankers then got it transferred to our current account and that took 4 days.  I don't understand why, when making refunds, Regent (and others) don't ask the client where they would like the money sent?  Seems that a lot of people have CCs that are no longer working after a few years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rallydave said:

Well, asked about only $1,000 and the answer was no, had to get a check.  Decided to spend against the thousand and not chance a check.as we have the post office from hell in our neighborhood.  Steal regularly checks, credit cards, packages, etc.  and whitewash the checks and try presenting them for themselves.

Would be worse here Dave!  Switzerland hasn't used cheques for well over 30 years now and banks don't know what to do with them.  Last time I took a cheque to my bank here they spent an hour studying the document and then trying to figure out what to do with it!  I think there was a lengthy phone call with Zürich as well...  E-banking or wire transfer is our only option.

Would someone like to start a new thread on this subject? When I see a new post here I get so eager to hear of a new refund as I’m still awaiting ours? It is disheartening to then read about a something I am not yet concerned about.

thanks!

4 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Luckily for us we paid by wire transfer to our TA for the final payment.  But we had made the initial deposit on a card linked to a brokerage account that my husband no longer has.  His broker sorted that one out and got that credit transfered to his current brokerage account.  The rest was a smaller (under $500) payment that I made to a Citi Visa card.  Since then Citi discontinued issuing credit cards to people living outside the USA.  So the money went into a sort of limbo.  Luckily I remembered the user name and password for that card and located the credit.  Our bankers then got it transferred to our current account and that took 4 days.  I don't understand why, when making refunds, Regent (and others) don't ask the client where they would like the money sent?  Seems that a lot of people have CCs that are no longer working after a few years.

Simple answer Gerry.  The credit card companies require refunds made to the original form of payment with the vast majority being refunded within a very short period of time so no problems with closed accounts.  Another reason is that the merchant, in this case Regent pays a fee to the credit card company for taking your card for the payment and gets that fee back when refunding the money so a financial reason for refunding to the original form of payment which would be lost refunding the money to a different card.  Also here in the US there are quire a few credit cards that award bonus points for using their cards for travel and people would game the system by having the credit put on a single point card while the credit card company would be out the points they had already paid out.

• Like 2

Scheduled sail date: May 22, 2020 (Navigator)

Canceled by Regent: April 24, 2020

Refund request (submitted by TA): April 29, 2020

Refund confirmation received from Regent: April 29, 2020

This afternoon, I checked the bank I have multiple credit cards with and saw a refund payment was made by Regent earlier this week to the card used for the deposit.  It was for less than my deposit amount, so I called my TA who then contacted Regent and received a Guest Cancellation Statement. The statement shows multiple refunds were made this week by Regent to both of my credit cards, which total the full amount we paid.  I expect all refunds will be posted next week, which is great since we just booked a river cruise for 2022!  Thank you Regent and thank you SusieQft for creating this thread!

• Thanks 1

Scheduled sail date: May 22, 2020 (Navigator)

Canceled by Regent: April 24, 2020

Refund request (submitted by TA): April 27, 2020

Refund received June 16, 2020

There is still a small amount of money missing.

• Thanks 1

Scheduled cruise 16/04 Splendour 

Cancelled by Regent 30/03

Refund retested 31/03 by TA

Deposit only recieved today 20/06 on Amex CC

Still awaiting balance paid.

Karen thank you for keeping this spread sheet updated. Seems like we are at day 84 for refund? Thanks, Jean.

Edited by liptastic
Wrong calculation.
  • Thanks 1