Carnival upgraded to a BUY from HOLD

BlerkOne

10 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Which in turn is dependent on the virus itself.

(Which, interestingly, pays zero attention to Arison, Donald, Duffy, Trump or anyone else.)

In my state, it is dependent on politics...  We have multiple counties with no infections and a Governor who is running for VP 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

In my state, it is dependent on politics...  We have multiple counties with no infections and a Governor who is running for VP 

The cruise industry, though, faces a special problem: Once there's an onboard outbreak, it can't be quietly covered up regardless of what the executives demand.

If the Carnival Gargantuan or RCI's

MegaWhale of the Seas is turned away at scheduled port calls, the world is going to find out. Same if they're messaging for medical aid mid-cruise, or if they arrive back for debarkation with passengers headed to quarantine and others taking ambulances to the nearest hospital.

If the coronavirus is still untamed when cruising resumes & if the cruise lines don't have failsafe prevention measures in place, then it's not a question of "if" ... only "when"

29 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I was about to say same here, but I see we're from the same state. 🙂 I've been saying this for months - It never made sense to close down the entire state when the outbreaks were confined to a few metro areas (where people were just ignoring the orders anyway because they weren't really enforced).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

The cruise industry, though, faces a special problem: Once there's an onboard outbreak, it can't be quietly covered up regardless of what the executives demand.

MegaWhale of the Seas is turned away at scheduled port calls, the world is going to find out. Same if they're messaging for medical aid mid-cruise, or if they arrive back for debarkation with passengers headed to quarantine and others taking ambulances to the nearest hospital.

If the coronavirus is still untamed when cruising resumes & if the cruise lines don't have failsafe prevention measures in place, then it's not a question of "if" ... only "when"

When it comes to microbes I don't think there is any fail safe that would work.

15 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

When it comes to microbes I don't think there is any fail safe that would work.

We'll all be finding out together in the coming months and perhaps years.
      But as things stand now, the smart money lets the "hold my beer" crowd book those early-round guinea pig cruises. 

4 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

We'll all be finding out together in the coming months and perhaps years.
      But as things stand now, the smart money lets the "hold my beer" crowd book those early-round guinea pig cruises. 

Since DW and I both fall into the high risk category we likely won't be doing a lot of travel until a vaccine is developed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Our governor said more than half our counties had 5 or less infections, some 0. Unfortunately I'm smack dab in dallas county. Political here too. Calif turned local government liberal so they extended stay at home to mid may, and the Republican governor overruled them. Not that there is anything too crazy but that lady hair dresser all over the news is near me. She only had to wait a week and would have been allowed, but she opened a week ahead. Friday we can get our hair cut now. Lol. 

57 minutes ago, strickerj said:

I was about to say same here, but I see we're from the same state. 🙂 I've been saying this for months - It never made sense to close down the entire state when the outbreaks were confined to a few metro areas (where people were just ignoring the orders anyway because they weren't really enforced).

Barra called her up and said, my bonus is riding on this.  Next thing, GM is back to work..  The UP has now less than 100 cases of COVID but thousands of cases of sheer poverty,

Let's see what happens tomorrow!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Our governor said more than half our counties had 5 or less infections, some 0. Unfortunately I'm smack dab in dallas county. Political here too. Calif turned local government liberal so they extended stay at home to mid may, and the Republican governor overruled them. Not that there is anything too crazy but that lady hair dresser all over the news is near me. She only had to wait a week and would have been allowed, but she opened a week ahead. Friday we can get our hair cut now. Lol. 

We can't.  We were also told that getting gas would kill us.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Our state's barber who opened, needed to go to court and won against the State Attorney General since she could not prove his business was a risk to public health.  Otherwise, he would still  be closed for weeks.  The State is refusing to set realistic standards while allowing the big box store to run.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

If pigs had wings, lots of if’s stated there 

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Talk about politics, America has a President who is running for re-election, and states reopening that don't even meet the minimal guidelines.

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Talk about politics, America has a President who is running for re-election, and states reopening that don't even meet the minimal guidelines.

Those minimal guidelines are  criteria based upon incomplete data and predictive models that are way off base.  Public health officials are to inform decisions not make them.  As cases make their way through the court system, you will most likely see all the yokes thrown off in the US.  

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

no one runs for VP, they are chosen 

• Thanks 1