Has anyone canceled a cruise they booked with a Next Cruise certificate?

I purchased a Next Cruise Certificate on my last RC cruise. I used it to book a cruise for this August but now I don’t want to risk going. Do they refund or even extend the date of use for these? I’m hoping I’m not completely out of the money and want to know what to expect when I call. Do I perhaps need to have a cruise is mind to transfer the certificate over to?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also in case it matters I haven’t put any cash down on the trip. Final payment date is June 1st which is why I want get this over with now.

Edited by Cherries Jubilee

You can lift and shift within 4 weeks of your August date,,,,Price is protected, no change fee. Has to be same itinerary and number of days, it can be on a different ship and departure port. You get the same category cabin you already booked.

If you booked directly with Royal you can call and do it, if you went with a travel agency, then they must call and do it.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Thank you so much!

I also have some FCC from a shortened cruise last year. It expires in August. Are they willing to extend those or do I need to find a cruise to apply them to?

As that is goodwill credit it can be extended as well but only if you transfer the sailing.  If you cancel the sailing you will lose it

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You can lift and shift within 4 weeks of your August date,,,,Price is protected, no change fee. Has to be same itinerary and number of days, it can be on a different ship and departure port. You get the same category cabin you already booked.

If you booked directly with Royal you can call and do it, if you went with a travel agency, then they must call and do it.

When you say it has to be the same itinerary do you mean it has to have all of the exact same stops or if it was Southern Caribbean it has to be Southern again?

I’m asking because St. Martin was not on my itinerary when I booked it but Royal added it a few months ago. It doesn’t look like they added it to the itineraries later in the year. That might be a problem as my exact itinerary might not be available to book later.

10 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

When you say it has to be the same itinerary do you mean it has to have all of the exact same stops or if it was Southern Caribbean it has to be Southern again?

I’m asking because St. Martin was not on my itinerary when I booked it but Royal added it a few months ago. It doesn’t look like they added it to the itineraries later in the year. That might be a problem as my exact itinerary might not be available to book later.

Southern to southern.  Ports can vary. 

9 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I haven’t applied the FCC to a sailing at all. 

Sorry, I misread your post.  They are extending those.you need to call to find out how long.  If they don’t then you can also book a cruise that sails very soon and when they cancel it that FCC will be rolled into any extra money that you paid and issued as one new FCC with an expiry date of April 2022.