Why Are Future Cruise Credits and Refunds Taking so Long?

Host Jazzbeau

Interesting, but one sided, as you would expect.  It doesn’t really explore why other organisations like airlines, who have staff laid off and had higher volumes of cancellations are able to process refunds or issue vouchers far far quicker. If you ignore the cash flow question, another reason could be cruiselines have such poor back office technology compared to other travel organisations.   

• Like 4

Well, quite frankly  the "sheer volume" excuse is wearing more than a bit thin!.

Sure there is a massive volume to be handled now and it is more than likely to increase.

BUT why are those whose cruises were among the VERY FIRST individual cruises to be cancelled (before any of the month long extensions) still waiting? There was no "sheer volume"" early in March!

AND why are cruisers not being refunded chronologically?

AND how come numerous cruisers who have cancelled their own cruises been refunded in relatively very short time frames of 5 days to 3 weeks, well ahead of those whose cruises were cancelled by Azamara in early March?

I have been told they are handled by a different department.

• Like 5

Have had 2 refunds processed by the airlines.  One by United, the other by Delta.  Time from cancellation to refund being in the credit card account?  2 days.

I had a credit card merchant account for years.  When I entered a credit to a customer's card, when the batch closed that night (which I had to do to get any purchases into my account) the customer would see the refund the next day.  This blame the credit card company for the delay excuse may have a tiny bit of validity, but not much, frankly.

And interesting that there was no mention of what many have done (and had their account credited in real time):  Dispute the charge with the credit card issuer.

• Like 1

My  refund from cancelled excursions took 10 WORKING days. I cancelled on 10th March (Tuesday) and it was dealt with by Celebrity (PARIS) on 24th March. HOWEVER, it did not show on my Credit Card until 27th March , which unfortunately was the day payment was due!

So, I had more than £450+ credit on the card. Instead of asking the Credit Card company to transfer the money to my bank account, I used that card for my on line purchases, which I have done plenty of while being in lock down, as my Dr has told me to Social Shield.

Because the cruise lines are deliberately choosing with full knowledge and free will to delay refunds for corporate purposes.

Anti consumer behavior.

It is very simple and clear.

Hence, cruise lines will not get getting any business from me going forward.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've been waiting 80 days for my refund to show up, for a cruise cancelled in March! I'm about ready to call my credit card bank to see if they can put some pressure on Azamara to cough up my refund!

• Like 3