Marine Traffic shows Pursuit heading to Glasgow

suzyluvs2cruise

Had confirmation that Quest and Journey is heading for Glasgow. ETA for Journey in approx two weeks. Looks like a cold lay up. Quest and Pursuit have itineraries in northern Europe for september, but Journey is supposed to stay in the Med all summer. She is misplaced in Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, oddjob16 said:

Had confirmation that Quest and Journey is heading for Glasgow. ETA for Journey in approx two weeks. Looks like a cold lay up. Quest and Pursuit have itineraries in northern Europe for september, but Journey is supposed to stay in the Med all summer. She is misplaced in Glasgow. 

I doubt they'll do a cold lay up if they can help it Odd. It just takes too much certification to get them back in service. Cold means switching everything off They'll keep them ticking over and making sure the air con and ventilation systems are cleaned out. Read Legionella and humidity. Warm lay up most like. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I doubt they'll do a cold lay up if they can help it Odd. It just takes too much certification to get them back in service. Cold means switching everything off They'll keep them ticking over and making sure the air con and ventilation systems are cleaned out. Read Legionella and humidity. Warm lay up most like. 

Phil 

Maybe you are right. However Pullmantur puts all ships in cold until at least november 15. So it is a possible outcome. When all ships are docked Azamara will only keep one captain overseeing the lay up. 

2 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Maybe you are right. However Pullmantur puts all ships in cold until at least november 15. So it is a possible outcome. When all ships are docked Azamara will only keep one captain overseeing the lay up. 

Anything is possible within Royal at present, but believe Pullmantur is another proposition. Part of a Spanish market?  I was pointing out that a cold layup for Azamara certainly at the moment would not be in the plan AFAIK because of the restart time involved if they did that vs a warm lay up. Time will tell. Things are moving on. 

Phil 

13 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Anything is possible within Royal at present, but believe Pullmantur is another proposition. Part of a Spanish market?  I was pointing out that a cold layup for Azamara certainly at the moment would not be in the plan AFAIK because of the restart time involved if they did that vs a warm lay up. Time will tell. Things are moving on. 

Phil 

You are right. I would be more worried if Journey went straight to Cape Town 😁

24 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

MT now says Quest next call will be Southampton.  Is it possible Quest could lay up there pending it's scheduled Southampton to Barcelona sailing in September?

Nope Quest is going to Glasgow, well thats where the Captain thinks he is going - Southampton is full of ships anyway

26 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

MT now says Quest next call will be Southampton.  Is it possible Quest could lay up there pending it's scheduled Southampton to Barcelona sailing in September?

Very unlikely.

50 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

I love this forum.  You can peel the passengers off of the ships but you cannot stop them sniffing the wind, checking the tides, or planning their next days at sea.

I must down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/54932/sea-fever-56d235e0d871e

• Like 9