Ryndam?

For reasons unknown, it's been a hit-or-miss thing for several weeks. One day it's available, the next day it's not. It's frustrating to me because we're booked on the Ryndam's inaugural transatlantic in October of 2021 and am on the roll call for that sailing. Maybe someone from CC will see this thread and resolve the problem.

I just looked and it is currently showing, at least for me.

Here are the links for the inaugural and second cruises, a total of 17 days

7 days

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2729822-may-15-2021-7-day-premiere-voyage/

10 days

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2729825-may-22-2021-10-day-european-splendor/

hopefully these will stay the same.

Edited by richwmn

13 hours ago, Himself said:

I wish we would get some word on the progress in building the RYNDAM.  I wonder how long she will be delayed due to the Covit 19 Work delay.

From Fincantieri's latest quarterly results (14th May 2020)    Scott. 

source: https://www.fincantieri.com/en/media/press-releases/2020/the-bod-approves-q1-2020-results/

BUSINESS OUTLOOK

As of today, the repercussions of COVID-19 outbreak at the macroeconomic scale are not yet clearly appraisable and therefore a reliable economic and financial forecast is not feasible.

The full year results will be impacted by the costs attributable to the lower productivity of shipyards and production sites and, consequently, to a lower fixed costs absorption, to the unanticipated expenses for personnel health and safety and to the extra costs linked to supply chain disruption and to the reassessment  of ships delivery dates.

As of April 20, 2020, production activities were gradually resumed in compliance with the instructions of the government authorities. Fincantieri has implemented all the necessary measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees and those of the related industries, such as staggered shift-start times, temperature checks at the entrances and enforcement use of personal protective equipment.

It should be noted that, in order to safeguard its backlog, Fincantieri is reassessing, in accordance with shipowners, the delivery dates of the units in portfolio - taking into account subcontractors conditions and the plan to fully resume production activities - and the consequent delays of the installments for units about to be delivered and for those under construction.

The 2020-2024 Business Plan will be disclosed as soon as the developments of the emergency allow a clearer evaluation of its possible impacts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

From Fincantieri's latest quarterly results (14th May 2020)    Scott. 

source: https://www.fincantieri.com/en/media/press-releases/2020/the-bod-approves-q1-2020-results/

BUSINESS OUTLOOK

As of today, the repercussions of COVID-19 outbreak at the macroeconomic scale are not yet clearly appraisable and therefore a reliable economic and financial forecast is not feasible.

The full year results will be impacted by the costs attributable to the lower productivity of shipyards and production sites and, consequently, to a lower fixed costs absorption, to the unanticipated expenses for personnel health and safety and to the extra costs linked to supply chain disruption and to the reassessment  of ships delivery dates.

As of April 20, 2020, production activities were gradually resumed in compliance with the instructions of the government authorities. Fincantieri has implemented all the necessary measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees and those of the related industries, such as staggered shift-start times, temperature checks at the entrances and enforcement use of personal protective equipment.

It should be noted that, in order to safeguard its backlog, Fincantieri is reassessing, in accordance with shipowners, the delivery dates of the units in portfolio - taking into account subcontractors conditions and the plan to fully resume production activities - and the consequent delays of the installments for units about to be delivered and for those under construction.

The 2020-2024 Business Plan will be disclosed as soon as the developments of the emergency allow a clearer evaluation of its possible impacts.

This has an ominous sound to it. I wouldn't expect the Ryndam to be delivered until July, 2021 at the earliest. The other half of the equation is whether HAL/Carnival Corp. would actually prefer a later delivery date, in order to preserve as much cash as possible over the next 6 to 12 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

This has an ominous sound to it. I wouldn't expect the Ryndam to be delivered until July, 2021 at the earliest. The other half of the equation is whether HAL/Carnival Corp. would actually prefer a later delivery date, in order to preserve as much cash as possible over the next 6 to 12 months.

CCL has export credit facilities lined up for its newbuild programme ...   as excerpted from CCL's Q1 10-Q.    But until [*regular*] cruising resumes, with any new delivery comes operating expense impacts. 

527668808_Screenshot2020-05-21at11_56_28.thumb.png.1aef7d60f8bf3e7c5255e2e3b18fc942.png1100026274_Screenshot2020-05-21at11_54_14.thumb.png.6b1b04eda9e81e8afa407c10d10f7906.png

204376361_Screenshot2020-05-21at11_55_08.thumb.png.af439779ebde9ac8567bb6762933f587.png

Source:  https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/1aa63f22-c821-4e1f-b48b-98aab1d754ad

I too doubt May 2021 will hold  so I list my May booking as "Tentative " in my agenda. Even if the yard and its subs pulled off a May delivery, CCL - HAL might wish to delay not so much for capital commitment, but rather low demand and need to ramp up operations  at a slower pace . They cant just flip a switch and wow all is back to normal . Also we need to keep in mind airlines wont flip a switch either nor will all ports welcome cruise ships like nothing happened . Lots of things need to be considered while we hope for the best !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Shall we just hope that Ryndam is built and delivered?

Its probably about 80% built...the main structural features. Yes, the "soft" interiors, finishes and other "pretty stuff" are not yet installed. They have months of sea trials to do, so it largely constructed at this point. It will be built.

If you look at the document quoted in post #8, it seems clear they have credit lined up for the Ryndam. You didn't think HAL has hundreds of millions in a savings account for the cash payment when they drive the ship away, did you? No, they are financing it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you look at the document quoted in post #8, it seems clear they have credit lined up for the Ryndam. You didn't think HAL has hundreds of millions in a savings account for the cash payment when they drive the ship away, did you? No, they are financing it.

I appreciate your referral to post #8.  I had not carefully read that as I ought to have done.