How long for NRD to transfer to new cruise

I had cancelled a sept 2020 cruise 7 day Caribbean cruise due to uncertainty about Covid. I booked  another cruise for 11 nights Hawaii 5/2021 and they would transfer my deposit over. I waited  5 weeks and nothing showed transferred and the next time I looked the new reservation  cancelled, apparently for non payment of deposit. I called and had them do it again, there is a larger amount of deposit on the new cruise [900.00] so the 500.00 NRD will help with that. How long has it usually taken to move to new reservation. I would think they would fall all over themselves to do this as the cruise price is 3 times the amount of the first cruise.

Hi

Moving the deposit should happen immediately.  We just did that yesterday.  We have the same reservation number but our deposit was moved to a cruise next year different itinerary and different number of nights.  We pay the new rate for the new sailing (not eligible for lift shift) but did not need to pay a new deposit.

What may have happened in your situation from reading your description is you cancelled your September cruise.  Instead of moving the deposit could it be cancelled and you are waiting for FCC?

Noreen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi

Moving the deposit should happen immediately.  We just did that yesterday.  We have the same reservation number but our deposit was moved to a cruise next year different itinerary and different number of nights.  We pay the new rate for the new sailing (not eligible for lift shift) but did not need to pay a new deposit.

What may have happened in your situation from reading your description is you cancelled your September cruise.  Instead of moving the deposit could it be cancelled and you are waiting for FCC?

Noreen

That's my guess as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sugcarol said:

I had cancelled a sept 2020 cruise 7 day Caribbean cruise due to uncertainty about Covid. I booked  another cruise for 11 nights Hawaii 5/2021 and they would transfer my deposit over. I waited  5 weeks and nothing showed transferred and the next time I looked the new reservation  cancelled, apparently for non payment of deposit. I called and had them do it again, there is a larger amount of deposit on the new cruise [900.00] so the 500.00 NRD will help with that. How long has it usually taken to move to new reservation. I would think they would fall all over themselves to do this as the cruise price is 3 times the amount of the first cruise.

As you did this 5 weeks ago it was before Royal started allowing deposits to be moved.

As others mentioned your first reservation was cancelled, a FCC was requested and a new reservation made.

It was only starting around May 6 that Roysl started moving reservations with the deposit intact. 

2 hours ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi

Noreen

You are correct.  As the OP did this 5 weeks ago moving the deposit was not available as an option at that time. 

They did try to modify the old reservation number, but the confirmation is wrong. Taxes. port charge and fees they charged 802.00 instead of 346.00. That has the 500.00 deposit on it. They also made a new reservation with a new reservation number for the correct amount, but showing a full 900.00 NRD needed. They said they cancelled the old reservation.They told me it would be that it would take 7 days to transfer, but I am concerned, I have two different reservations both open and not cancelled, . When I called again they do not show the old reservation number with deposit, but when I go online I show two different reservations. It is terribly messed up and each person I talk to makes it worse. I have no idea what to do next. I have spent hours on the phone with nothing being done. How difficult would it have been to cancel the old cruise and transfer the deposit to a new cruise, nothing makes sense to me, and I'm not a dumb person.

31 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

How difficult would it have been to cancel the old cruise and transfer the deposit to a new cruise, nothing makes sense to me, and I'm not a dumb person.

5 weeks ago that move would have cost you $100 per person change fee. and you keep same reservation when you make a move like that..........now if you did it last week, they were waiving that change fee, thus is why your $500 deposit went to a FCC, which I understand that can't be used as a deposit on any cruise. Can only be used toward the final pay off total of a  cruise you book.

Edited by Jimbo