When is your next cruise?

Organized Chaos, I agree.  When getting ready to cruise this past March, I had just suggested to my d-i-l of all 7 of us cruising together, and me getting someone else in my room as well.  She got hooked about 2 years ago, when I took all of them cruising, and has been hooked ever since. 🙂 I was really checking out the Horizon (as you know), the pros/cons of peoples opinions.  I guess I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so that is why I decided to go along with the Horizon. It would have been the largest ship that any of us had cruised on, but I knew I would miss (I know this sounds strange) the A trim with the glass elevators.  I really didn't care for the funnel cone that was on the Horizon, but that is MY opinion. I had picked that itinerary because of Jamaica, not being there for many years.  After our cruise was cancelled out, I was pretty sick for a full month, and did NOT think of cruising at all.  When I started getting better, I thought to myself, I really didn't want to do the Horizon, and found out none of the 6 had ever been to St. Lucia, so that is why (money too because of the virus situation and work) I picked this itinerary.  I also checked all "400" colleges, just to see when they would be on their spring break, and that is how I picked out the date for us to cruise, as there wouldn't be that many colleges on spring break at that time, compared to the other dates I seen. This is not in concrete, but it is something to think/look forward too anyway. 🙂  Actually my two granddaughters were over last night, and every since her mom/dad went on the cruise with me, and she seen/found out what they did, she had been "hooked" on cruising too. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, beshears said:

I guess I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so that is why I decided to go along with the Horizon. It would have been the largest ship that any of us had cruised on, but I knew I would miss (I know this sounds strange) the A trim with the glass elevators.  I really didn't care for the funnel cone that was on the Horizon, but that is MY opinion.

I agree, I missed the glass elevators. I just think they give the lobby a much classier look. Plus I do like to be able to ride up & down them and see what's going on in the lobby. Then there's times during events held in the lobby and hosted by the CD when they would interact with people in the glass elevators. I always thought that was fun when the CD's could get people in them to dance. I think they add a lot to the lobby.

I never paid much attention to the Dreamscape funnel. The longest I ever spent in the lobby was for the white party. I'd stand on one of the upper levels and watch some of the other parties, but not for too long. It's a neat feature, I guess, but I just wasn't interested in it enough to care too much that it was there.

10/4 unless I can find a earlier last minute. Prices all have gone up, dont see any great deals out of Galveston 

10/4 freedom

2/7 jewel perfect day

2/14 jewel

3/13/22 allure

3/20/22 allure ... so far

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

Organized Chaos, yes to ME, it seems like the A trim always had something "interesting" to see or do. I also liked to look out the glass elevators, and see what everyone else was doing in the A trim area too. As for the white party, I have heard about it, but have never attended.  I had "thought" about doing it on the Horizon, if we had done it in March.

• Like 1

So awesome that life still goes on and this will not get us down. I love having such an awesome hope of the future. And with all of us faithful cruisers we will get the cruise lines up and running again! We refuse to let this stop our fun! I will not be afraid, I'll be wise but never afraid!!

We are scheduled to sail aboard the Horizon on October 3rd from Miami. 124 days from today. We hope!

Our son and his fiance are scheduled to sail on the Magic that same day. We're all staying at the same hotel the night before our cruises. God willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be there ready to set sail.

Edited by jordanaire
  • Like 1

October 11th; on the Freedom out of Galveston..and we can’t wait! It’s going to be our “Golden” Cruise...which was supposed to be on the Panorama on 3/14...then on the Inspiration on 4/5...haha.

$800 OBC roll-up doesn’t hurt either 😄

Our Cruise Famiglia is booked on the New Year Cruise, Dec. 26, 2021, on the Mardi Gras.  We are hopefully watching and waiting.  This will be our 16th New Year cruise with everyone, as well as several mid-year cruises.  We met everyone on our first cruise in 2003, and have cruised together ever since.

• Like 1