tendering while using a scooter

We are looking at Liberty in August of 2021. My wife uses a scooter quite a bit while on board. One of our stops is Grand Cayman which is a tender port. My question is, are tender boats and excursion buses/vans  able to handle a scooter? If not, is there any wheel chair assistance available to get her from the tender boat up to where we would meet our excursion. I have posted this question on both the Gulf Coast departures and the Grand Cayman  port of calls but so far there have been no replies. 

There are a lot of variables in play. Not all tenders can handle a scooter. How much can your spouse walk? Not many excursions will take scooters. And some don't even take wheelchairs.  Then there is the ship itself. If the waters are too rough, the captain may decide to turn around. Or Grand Cayman may close the port. Or the captain may decide not to allow them he thinks it's not safe enough.Just

As a general rule, do not expect to be allowed to bring a scooter on most tenders.  Wheelchairs on board are not loaned out unless you get injured on board.

as for assistance at the port.. again, not a guarantee.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Royals official view at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/additional-assistance

in general you should assume no on taking the motorized scooter and no on having them assist you....

my suggestion is to bring your own wheel chair it transport chair that holds up for your own use.  However even with that you may not be able to use if their are any safety concerns... 

Edited by PRPLE

Grand Cayman generally uses shore-based tenders that are fairly large.  We have seen a few scooters on them, but at max 2 on a tender.  Pretty tough getting on and off the tender as well. Fine on the shore end but on Vision you had to walk down some tight stairs to get on and off.  I think they took the people that couldn't handle stairs to an interior elevator, though.  If the waves are moving the tender around they won't allow scooters.

My husband used a motorized scooter.  There was never a problem getting a scooter on a tender in Grand Cayman.  They simply keep the scooter in the front to avoid stairs.  Tender operators are most helpful in this process.