condition of the millenium

cruisehome

Due to the COVID of course I am switching my cruise.  I love the reflection and equinox but my dates will not work for me.

has the millennium been updated and would I enjoy being on this ship??   I have been on the summit twice before which was OK but not as nice as the newer ships

thanks 

carol

The Millennium was totally update last year.  The Millennium is a sister ship of the Summit so the layout is the same.  We we were on the Summit last summer just after her update and we loved the new cabin interiors and overall decor. 

I was on the Millennium last April and again in August.

The one thing that was noticed was the poor quality of the refurbishment as one went up in the ship. Mainly here I am talking about cabins. We had a C2 on Deck 8.
You see when they started gutting the cabins they started on deck 2 with the plan to do 50 cabins a day. They only did 10 the first day and 15 on day 2. So they were 75 behind after day two and things didn't get better.
This was due to the number of trades needed to redo a cabin. They were tripping over each other.
So as time was ticking down they started to take short cuts such as not allowing the grout in the bathroom and showers to dry properly. Our shower was missing most of the grout about 6 weeks after refit. We had screws break through the desk top. The over spray of the paint was everywhere on the ship.
We even had an electrical fire in our cabin due to the refit.

In August I was on the ship again and some things had been fixed but over spray and grout had not yet been fixed. I managed to talk to the Captain about it and he said once the ship returned to Asia a crew was to board the ship to fix the many problems.

Don't get me wrong the ship was in great shape otherwise. Many things done were for the better with a few odd things such as the new bed lights in the Cabins that required one to get out of bed to turn on/off and Glass Doors to cupboards and closets.

One of the more interesting things added were large sinks as you walked into the Buffet so you could wash your hands. In light of what is happening today this will be of great interest.

I am planning on being back on Millennium next year. So the problems have not deterred me from sailing on here again.

Hope this helps and don't be afraid to sail on her.

• Like 1

We were on Millenium in a C1 aft cabin and thought the ship was in excellent condition. Couldn’t fault anything in our stateroom. Public areas were all beautiful too. The Oceanview Cafe was well designed, with hand washing areas. We loved the high stools that faced out to sea. Can’t say I would feel the same about eating at a buffet these days though. 

Prior to Millennium we had only sailed on S class ships, but we really enjoyed the ambience of Millenium. By the way, while  we were on board, there was a session in the theatre  about the refurbishment which was very interesting. 

On 5/25/2020 at 5:55 PM, cruisehome said:

Due to the COVID of course I am switching my cruise.  I love the reflection and equinox but my dates will not work for me.

has the millennium been updated and would I enjoy being on this ship??   I have been on the summit twice before which was OK but not as nice as the newer ships

thanks 

carol

We were on the Millennium in Sep 2019 and the revolution on the ship puts it in good nick - all cabins were redone and look wonderful. Never had one issue and plan to sail her again hopefully later this year. Some photos from our room last Sep. 

Scouser

Trans Pacific - Sep 2019 - 46.JPG

Trans Pacific - Sep 2019 - 48.JPG

Trans Pacific - Sep 2019 - 75.JPG

Trans Pacific - Sep 2019 - 76.JPG

hello thanks for the information.   I again have changed my plans and am hopefully sailing on the Equinox in 2021  - my favorite ship    your room looked nice   I never saw a room like that..

carol

7 hours ago, osborne66 said:

We were on the Millennium in Sep 2019 and the revolution on the ship puts it in good nick - all cabins were redone and look wonderful. Never had one issue and plan to sail her again hopefully later this year. Some photos from our room last Sep. 

Scouser

Trans Pacific - Sep 2019 - 46.JPG

Trans Pacific - Sep 2019 - 48.JPG

Trans Pacific - Sep 2019 - 75.JPG

Trans Pacific - Sep 2019 - 76.JPG

What's the cabin number and type of cabin?  This looks very nice.

16 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

What's the cabin number and type of cabin?  This looks very nice.

These are category FV - Family Veranda stateroom on the aft of M-class ships. Only 12 of ‘em, and tough to get.