Princess Newbie

BigHouseFootball

On 5/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, BigHouseFootball said:

3.  We are probably going to go with a balcony cabin and the ships for the 2021 season are the Coral, Star, and Royal (I realize 2022 may have different ships) but from looking at pictures are there some balcony cabins that are open to those above you who can look down into your balcony? Any suggestions on decks that are best for balconies/which ones to avoid for privacy? 

Did Coral to AK because she's a smaller ship and can access some of the inner passage areas that the larger ships can not. I've been on Star to HI. Loved both ships, but definitely do Coral in Alaska if you can! 

41 minutes ago, dog said:

On the Star the aft facing balcony cabins are fully covered no one looks down on you. Star is older ship then Royal 

Are they also covered on the Ruby? Star did not have any Ziplining excursions (1st time I've picked a ship by excursions)

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Are they also covered on the Ruby? Star did not have any Ziplining excursions (1st time I've picked a ship by excursions)

I have not been on Ruby.   Star, golden, grand same

Just now, dog said:

I have not been on Ruby.   Star, golden, grand same

Ok. They probably are then as they're all Grand Class (although the original lost its Skywalkers Lounge)

• 11 months later...
On 5/29/2020 at 1:33 PM, BigHouseFootball said:

Hello Everyone!

My wife and I are Royal Caribbean vets but we are strongly considering a Princess for an Alaska cruise in 2022. From my research it seems like Princess is the way to go in Alaska with access to Glacier Bay and the North to Alaska program. 

I do have a few questions for the experts here, I tried to limit them as I have already found a bunch of info here. 

1.  Anytime vs. Traditional dinning. My wife really enjoys having the same wait staff the whole cruise. If we do traditional we can request a table for 2 at time of booking/on the personalize page, correct? 

2.  I see that you can call the dine line each morning and make a reservation if you are doing Anytime. Are you able to make a reservation for the whole week with the same wait staff with anytime? Royal Caribbean does this. 

3.  We are probably going to go with a balcony cabin and the ships for the 2021 season are the Coral, Star, and Royal (I realize 2022 may have different ships) but from looking at pictures are there some balcony cabins that are open to those above you who can look down into your balcony? Any suggestions on decks that are best for balconies/which ones to avoid for privacy? 

4. Any other tips/advice/info that is specific to Princess that I should know?

Thank you in advance for helping this Princess Newbie!

Have you considered taking a Princess Cruisetour (both a land and sea adventure)? My DH and I had a wonderful time in 2018. 

Here is a link to the blog I wrote. It might give you a really good option if you want to try Princess and Alaska. Princess does a great job in Alaska! Our 8 days in the interior were incredible. 

Have fun researching and planning!

2 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

Have you considered taking a Princess Cruisetour (both a land and sea adventure)? My DH and I had a wonderful time in 2018. 

Here is a link to the blog I wrote. It might give you a really good option if you want to try Princess and Alaska. Princess does a great job in Alaska! Our 8 days in the interior were incredible. 

Have fun researching and planning!

You do realise that you have replied to a one year old post ?