NCL Sail Safe Measures

ToxM

6 hours ago, pinotlover said:

My cousin and her husband just came back from a two week vacation in Venice and Rome. Has pictures of a mostly empty St. Mark’s square and with minimum traffic on the Grand Canal. Said it was wonderful without all the crowds!

Point is, planes are flying people back and forth now between the US and Europe.

As a physician, without going into 14 days quarantine (which they may have),  i think this is selfish. It's all very well taking  saying that you don't mind getting COVID yourself because you and young and healthy, but if there is the risk of getting COVID overseas and then transmitting it to others in your own country, then travel such as this should be  not allowed...

• Like 5

Perhaps we need to more aggressively shut down the US to save only one life. First thing, halt all non emergency visits to any physicians. Refuse their BS on line visits where my cardiologist neither took my blood pressure nor checked my heart,

but then sent me the full bill for a visit!! Let those smucks stay hunkered, in their office, and get zero income their colleagues are subscribing for the masses! 

To dangerous to open up restaurants, far to dangerous to open up any doctor offices with all those sick people! Stay hunkered my friends!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Refuse their BS on line visits where my cardiologist neither took my blood pressure nor checked my heart,

Not to get too personal but very few healthy people have a need for a cardiologist. Routine issues like high blood pressure can easily be handled by a primary physician. Also, if that visit was for a routine matter, why not wait till you can actually see him/her. That is what I am doing with visits I can postpone.

I would imagine most people that see a cardiologist would be at a higher risk if infected with COVID-19 yet you seem fearless about current travels and cruises.

No need to explain personal matters - just wondering out loud.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Thanks 1

Paul;

Once a year visit. Should have canceled until he would see me in office, my bad, his cha Ching. I opted out of my annual urologist exam, virtual prostrate check would have been even more idiotic.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Also, if that visit was for a routine matter, why not wait till you can actually see him/her. That is what I am doing with visits I can postpone.

My RX's had no refills left and we did a "tele-health" visit. No, no BP check, temp, etc. but we checked in with each other and talked at length. I'll be seeing him eventually.

28 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Paul;

Once a year visit. Should have canceled until he would see me in office, my bad, his cha Ching. I opted out of my annual urologist exam, virtual prostrate check would have been even more idiotic.

Glad to hear you don't "need" him - unlike me, who now needs him more than ever (pacemaker issues).

Edited by Paulchili

12 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Perhaps we need to more aggressively shut down the US to save only one life. First thing, halt all non emergency visits to any physicians. Refuse their BS on line visits where my cardiologist neither took my blood pressure nor checked my heart,

but then sent me the full bill for a visit!! Let those smucks stay hunkered, in their office, and get zero income their colleagues are subscribing for the masses! 

To dangerous to open up restaurants, far to dangerous to open up any doctor offices with all those sick people! Stay hunkered my friends!

Do this for a few years and there will be nothing left to come back to.  Good luck to that.

12 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I'm laughing and then feeling maybe I shouldn't.  I have to believe this is your wry sense of humor?

Just now, alaskaca said:

I'm laughing and then feeling maybe I shouldn't.  I have to believe this is your wry sense of humor?

After reading this I sure hope so.

Yes and my TA called today Oceania on our 24 Oct Cruise.  Begins in Canada and of course Canada is shut down through 31 October.  Oceania stated that Cruise still is a GO with those facts presented by my TA. This cruise was wide open last week.  Since Oceania just released their plan with limited number of passengers only B2 cabins are open.  All other wait-listed.

Regarding Physicians,  ours still makes house calls.  So Pinotlover, you are welcome over so you can complete your exam  🙂 🙂

On 6/9/2020 at 11:58 AM, PaulMCO said:

Begins in Canada and of course Canada is shut down through 31 October.  Oceania stated that Cruise still is a GO with those facts presented by my TA.

Isn't that just total BS? These companies are completely lacking in ethics IMneverFHO.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:15 AM, Queen of DaNile said:

Hours ago Cunard cancel all cruises thru November 1. Not looking good for the industry.

Well, good for them for being honest.