Fascinating account of Artania

5 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

It is in German but I found my translator add on worked quite well. It is a very intersting read about what it was like in the ship especially when it was docked in Perth:

Mit dem Kreuzfahrtschiff «Artania» kehren die letzten acht Passagiere von den Weltmeeren zurück

Thanks. That seems to be a very well written article. 

In the article mention is made of the screening of "Dinner for One". Not having heard of this I checked Wikipedia and You Tube to watch this comedy sketch that has become a yearly tradition, on New Years Eve, in Germany and other European countries. It is the most frequently repeated television programme ever. If you have not seen it, don't miss it. 😂😂 It has a German introduction, then the sketch is in English.

37 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

In the article mention is made of the screening of "Dinner for One". Not having heard of this I checked Wikipedia and You Tube to watch this comedy sketch that has become a yearly tradition, on New Years Eve, in Germany and other European countries. It is the most frequently repeated television programme ever. If you have not seen it, don't miss it. 😂😂 It has a German introduction, then the sketch is in English.

It is a yearly tradition at New Year in Australia also.  It is a classic comedy where you laugh out loud in anticipation!

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

It's brilliant! Friends introduced us to it several years ago and we've watched it almost every year since. In the last few years it's been on sometime between 6pm and 7pm, perfect timing to sit down with a glass of champers and some canapes before our usual rolling feast seafood dinner.

We have been watching "DFO" for many years, would not miss it for quids. Must admit that the more you watch it the more you see in it for the first 5 or six times.

You need sharp eyes to see it in the TV program as it usually is just "Dinner For One" with no explanation. A bit like when those wild Irish dancers first appeared, all that was on the ABC program was "Riverdance", not having any idea what to expect we were blown away at the performance

Edited by Russell21

16 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I actually went to one of the Riverdance live shows some years ago. It was amazing. Far, far better than I expected.

Yep we travelled down to the, now non existent, Entertainment Centre to see them too.