What's going on with Celebrity pricing for 2021?

edgekid

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Next time, call around to ask about group rates before booking with Celebrity. When you transfer a booking, they can still add whatever perks they might be offering, but AFAIK they can't change the price that you established when booking with Celebrity.

f - pending on the Agent/Agency a few can adjust pricing after moving reservation.

bon voyage

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Next time, call around to ask about group rates before booking with Celebrity. When you transfer a booking, they can still add whatever perks they might be offering, but AFAIK they can't change the price that you established when booking with Celebrity.

That's not been my experience.  I've always found that you can switch to a group rating at the current price at any time.   It's no different than repricing any cruise or switching to a different class of cabins.  You may need to ask specific questions when looking for a Group booking.  For example group rates may exist with Concierge cabins but not standard verandas.  You may also need to look at specific categories of veranda cabins.  

• Thanks 1

Pricing is definitely way up this week (and not just because of group rates). We have 2 European sailings booked for 2021. Our first one , July 3rd, 14 night on Silhouette is up over 2500 for a standard balcony cabin with all perks and options staying the same from just over Memorial day weekend when we booked it.  The other is up over 3000 and that one is a sunset veranda. Pricing was all compared on the celebrity website after all perks, taxes and fees.

Edited by XuGator

50 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

That's not been my experience.  I've always found that you can switch to a group rating at the current price at any time.   It's no different than repricing any cruise or switching to a different class of cabins.  You may need to ask specific questions when looking for a Group booking.  For example group rates may exist with Concierge cabins but not standard verandas.  You may also need to look at specific categories of veranda cabins.  

55 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

f - pending on the Agent/Agency a few can adjust pricing after moving reservation.

bon voyage

There you go, I'm once again learning something new on CC. :classic_smile:

Back a number of years ago, when we first started cruising regularly, a representative of the large US-Canada cruise arm of a well known travel agency advised us that they couldn't offer the group rate for a booking we had made as we were transferring it to them, not making an initial booking. In retrospect, the agent was a bit of a disaster and we dropped her after our only cruise handled by her, so I guess it's not surprising that she was wrong about that too. As we haven't had the occasion to transfer a booking since that time, I've not had the opportunity until today to have my (mis)understanding corrected!

Edited by Fouremco

13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

There you go, I'm once again learning something new on CC. :classic_smile:

Back a number of years ago, when we first started cruising regularly, a representative of the large US-Canada cruise arm of a well known travel agency advised us that they couldn't offer the group rate for a booking we had made as we were transferring it to them, not making an initial booking. In retrospect, the agent was a bit of a disaster and we dropped her after our only cruise handled by her, so I guess it's not surprising that she was wrong about that too. As we haven't had the occasion to transfer a booking since that time, I've not had the opportunity until today to have my (mis)understanding corrected!

f - you did not (mis)understand it, it was your understanding and an update was provided...

bon voyage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 2020 Caribbean cruise does not show on the 2021 calendar.  2021 is slightly different, just one more day.  But price for 2020 was about $4,000 (with 4 perks) whereas 2021 is looking like $6000 (also 4 perks).  And I only paid $2900 for my 2020 cruise, it was kind of a mistake fare.  At these prices I'm looking to pay double for about the same cruise (1 additional port).

One note, if after transferring to a TA and they can put you in a group, if you have any sort of reduced deposit you must increase to full deposit at the time you are put in the group.   It's a Celebrity rule not the TA.  This can happen often if you book onboard then move to a TA group.

23 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

One note, if after transferring to a TA and they can put you in a group, if you have any sort of reduced deposit you must increase to full deposit at the time you are put in the group.   It's a Celebrity rule not the TA.  This can happen often if you book onboard then move to a TA group.

That was exactly our experience (with Royal).