Princess is sneaky - FCC applied with out consent

Coral

I have a cruise scheduled for Christmas this year. I doubt this will take place but I haven't cancelled it. Partially because I didn't want the refund amount to be confused with any refunds from my cancelled April cruises.

Approx 2 weeks ago - I finally got my FCC (Option 2 - 25%) for my cancelled cruise.

I put a cruise on hold on a cruise in the beginning of May for Oct/Nov time frame of 2021. I decided I wasn't interested in it and was just going to let it cancel itself. It didn't. We looked and they extended the deposit until end of May with out us asking. I thought it would drop off as I never made deposit. Today I went to look and it hasn't dropped off and Princess applied my FCC to that cruise. I know my TA did not do this. Now the deposit shows not being paid but due in August. I am in Pause 1 so FCC can not go towards deposit.

Princess should not have applied the FCC to a cruise I never made deposit on and/or with out my TA telling them to do so.

Does your FCC still show on your personaliser? Or does it show as applied to the cruise? I am starting to wonder if my FCC has been applied to cruises that I already had booked - but wouldn't I still be able to see something from my end?

I can't believe how badly things have been screwed up by Princess over this time.

18 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Does your FCC still show on your personaliser? Or does it show as applied to the cruise? I am starting to wonder if my FCC has been applied to cruises that I already had booked - but wouldn't I still be able to see something from my end?

I can't believe how badly things have been screwed up by Princess over this time.

If I look under Future Cruise credit it shows $0. When I click on the header, it then shows the booking # it has been applied to and how much it is.

I know that Princess has stated on their website that they will automatically apply your FCC to another cruise. They tout it as a benefit as in you don't have to do anything to have it applied. But come on! They applied it to a cruise you had on hold that should have dropped. What?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I have a cruise scheduled for Christmas this year. I doubt this will take place but I haven't cancelled it. Partially because I didn't want the refund amount to be confused with any refunds from my cancelled April cruises.

Approx 2 weeks ago - I finally got my FCC (Option 2 - 25%) for my cancelled cruise.

I put a cruise on hold on a cruise in the beginning of May for Oct/Nov time frame of 2021. I decided I wasn't interested in it and was just going to let it cancel itself. It didn't. We looked and they extended the deposit until end of May with out us asking. I thought it would drop off as I never made deposit. Today I went to look and it hasn't dropped off and Princess applied my FCC to that cruise. I know my TA did not do this. Now the deposit shows not being paid but due in August. I am in Pause 1 so FCC can not go towards deposit.

Princess should not have applied the FCC to a cruise I never made deposit on and/or with out my TA telling them to do so.

This has happened to me several times.  I contact my PVP and he reverses it.  I questioned him as I thought he was doing it and he said no, that the system is doing it.  So it can be undone if you contact Princess.

Just now, 1emerald1 said:

This has happened to me several times.  I contact my PVP and he reverses it.  I questioned him as I thought he was doing it and he said no, that the system is doing it.  So it can be undone if you contact Princess.

I figure if I cancel the cruise, it will go back "into the bank".

I do find it odd that it wasn't applied to my December cruise. They should just cancel it.

• Haha 1

Apparently Princess is applying the FCC randomly to booked cruises.   We have 4 booked and have had FCC applied to the 1st and 4th.   Speaking with our PVP she indicated the air, taxes and fees will also be applied to bookings.   They have done away with the Holding Acct.   One positive is we now have 2 cruises almost paid for, $200 balance owing so we can take advantage of any fare changes.

29 minutes ago, Coral said:

If I look under Future Cruise credit it shows $0. When I click on the header, it then shows the booking # it has been applied to and how much it is.

Thanks. So still nothing for me. I do have FCDs showing applied in that section, but nothing else.

For the extended hold, TAs were told a while back that this was going to be automatically done for all courtesy hold bookings so that if FCCs/refunds hadn't been created the booking could still be secured and held until they were. Could the $200 you are still missing possibly be "held" to act as a deposit?

1 minute ago, kiwimum said:

One positive is we now have 2 cruises almost paid for, $200 balance owing so we can take advantage of any fare changes.

is that a NZ thing ?  that if you are paid in full, you can't re-fare or is that your TA thing ?

3 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Apparently Princess is applying the FCC randomly to booked cruises.   We have 4 booked and have had FCC applied to the 1st and 4th.   Speaking with our PVP she indicated the air, taxes and fees will also be applied to bookings.   They have done away with the Holding Acct.   One positive is we now have 2 cruises almost paid for, $200 balance owing so we can take advantage of any fare changes.

What I find frustrating is that if this had been an option from the start, I would have just transferred everything over to my booked cruise. It wasn't - they said (for pause 1 anyway) that FCC was only for cruise fare regardless of which option you chose and everything else refunded to original form of payment. I chose option 1 to use the FCC toward my already booked cruises but after almost 90 days with nothing having been processed, I have now requested a full refund. It seems as if Princess created a problem they had no idea how to fulfil.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks. So still nothing for me. I do have FCDs showing applied in that section, but nothing else.

For the extended hold, TAs were told a while back that this was going to be automatically done for all courtesy hold bookings so that if FCCs/refunds hadn't been created the booking could still be secured and held until they were. Could the $200 you are still missing possibly be "held" to act as a deposit?

I have no clue. 

• Like 1

We have two Alaska cruises booked for 2021:  one 14-day to Alaska in May and one 7-day to Alaska in August.  At the moment, all that is applied towards the cruises are FCDs.  My question is this:  we are awaiting compensation for our 2020 Princess-cancelled cruises (same itineraries as our 2021 cruises.)  Since we have a TA, if Princess automatically applies our refunds (FCCs) to our two 2021 cruises, how will we know?  By using a TA, I can't track the money on our account.

Same thing for us.  Had a FCC (labeled Passenger Relations) combined from a 22 Nov/6 Dec 2020 cruise automatically applied to our 22 Nov 2021 cruise.  Haven't seen the bonus FCC yet for those two 2020 cruises.  Be interesting to see if Princess applies the bonus FCC (if we ever get the bonus FCC) to our 6 Dec 2021 cruise.

7 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

We have two Alaska cruises booked for 2021:  one 14-day to Alaska in May and one 7-day to Alaska in August.  At the moment, all that is applied towards the cruises are FCDs.  My question is this:  we are awaiting compensation for our 2020 Princess-cancelled cruises (same itineraries as our 2021 cruises.)  Since we have a TA, if Princess automatically applies our refunds (FCCs) to our two 2021 cruises, how will we know?  By using a TA, I can't track the money on our account.

Each day I check my Captain Circle: Circle Savings Account to see if I have received any bonus FCCs.  This is the section where all your bookings are listed with the FCD number attached to the booking number.  I was able to see the FCC I received and the booked cruise Princess applied it too.

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I spoke with my agent. She said she can get it out of it. I told her not to worry. It is a cruise I held but wasn't sure if I was going to take. If I cancel the "hold", I assume FCC will go back into the bank.

You will know is this is done because it shows up in your account under Future Cruise Credits - but you have to click on it to see it as it shows my FCC as $0. Two weeks ago it did list the amount.

Thanks Coral and C00359a2 for the information, I appreciate it.

Checking the FCC section has become part of my daily routine --- maybe one day I can cross this line item off my list.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks Coral and C00359a2 for the information, I appreciate it.

Checking the FCC section has become part of my daily routine --- maybe one day I can cross this line item off my list.

Me too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coral said:

This exact thing happened to me - the FCC for my cancelled Diamond Princess cruise was automatically applied to a January Tasmania cruise I put a 3 day complimentary hold on in March.   I didn’t pay the deposit because I was waiting for my FCD to be restored (turns out they paid it out rather than restoring it, and it went to a credit card I cancelled in 2018, so it took a couple months before I found out about it), but Princess changed to complimentary hold date From late March to late May.  I would have applied the FCD but as they cancelled it, I had to let the B2B idea go - I am not investing more actual cash until we know where we are.  Finally the hold date expired and the DP FCC showed up in my account again.  Then just this Friday it disappeared again (I am checking regularly because I am still waiting for my Alaska cruise refund) and it turned out it has been swept into my January NZ cruise booking.  It’s no drama because I know if NZ cruise is cancelled the FCC will be saved, but its weird how they’re moving things around behind the scenes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Hi Coral!

My FCC went all over the place.  I never asked for any of it!

Have a Jan. 24, 2021, to Australia/New Zealand (Majestic) and also a replacement one from cancelled May 4, British Isles (Regal) that you were joining us on, which is now May 2, 2021 on the Crown.    

I had tried to replace the May 4, with the same one on September 25, and had a deposit on it.  That one was cancelled too and I then booked that May 2, cruise.

I asked that the deposit on the Sept. 25 go toward the May 2.  Well, it was being "processed" so I am in the "hold on deposit date" that keeps pushing ahead.  (It is now July 15).  

BUT Princess took our FCC and put some on Jan. 24, and some on May 2.  I did not ask for either it just happened.

My TA says the May 2, shows less owing than the deposit is.  THEN WHY ON EARTH DO I STILL NEED A DEPOSIT PAY DATE???  I won't mess with it till close to July 15.   

Princess confuses my TA and me!   Somewhere I still have EZAir and Fees in a "holding account"  they are still stating.  

If our Jan. 24, 2021, Australia/New Zealand does go, and it looks more doubtful all the time, then I will ask that

any FCC come over from the May 2, and pay it in full.  I really don't want to put any more money out.   I won't mess with this either till I get to final payment on the Jan. 24, cruise.  

Question?  Are you able to see your August due date on that deposit on your Personalizer or is this on your invoice from the TA?  I have been trying to get an invoice on my May 2, and my TA was working on sending that, but it has been a few days and no luck.  Will bug them again on Monday.  Not sure why all of this has to be so HARD!  

Also my Personalizer lists this May 2, cruise as "confirmed" on the summary does your's also say "confirmed" even

when we owe deposits?  

Hoping your December cruise works out for you, but I know I am feeling iffy and not sure I want to go on my Jan. 24,

and Australia/New Zealand sounds like it may not be open to International cruising by then.  

Edited by ROWSE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ROWSE said:

Question?  Are you able to see your August due date on that deposit on your Personalizer or is this on your invoice from the TA?  I have been trying to get an invoice on my May 2, and my TA was working on sending that, but it has been a few days and no luck.  Will bug them again on Monday.  Not sure why all of this has to be so HARD!  

Also my Personalizer lists this May 2, cruise as "confirmed" on the summary does your's also say "confirmed" even

when we owe deposits?  

Hoping your December cruise works out for you, but I know I am feeling iffy and not sure I want to go on my Jan. 24,

and Australia/New Zealand sounds like it may not be open to International cruising by then.  

So the Christmas cruise says "confirmed" vs the one I have held says "Guaranteed" in the Personalizer.

My TA confirmed the deposit date at the end of August. She just verbally told me this. I didn't ask for anything especially since I probably won't go on this trip.

I will probably just cancel the Christmas cruise as I don't wan to go that far this soon (this is South America). I just didn't want to cancel and have them refund my deposit while I was still waiting for the refund from our cruise.

Hope to see you on the seas in the near future when it is safe to sale. New Zealand intrigues me. 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

Finally the hold date expired and the DP FCC showed up in my account again.  Then just this Friday it disappeared again (I am checking regularly because I am still waiting for my Alaska cruise refund) and it turned out it has been swept into my January NZ cruise booking.  It’s no drama because I know if NZ cruise is cancelled the FCC will be saved, but its weird how they’re moving things around behind the scenes.

My booking disappeared this past week (since it was going to expire May 30th so that makes sense) and then re-appeared again with the FCC with it. Bizarre.

11 minutes ago, Coral said:

My booking disappeared this past week (since it was going to expire May 30th so that makes sense) and then re-appeared again with the FCC with it. Bizarre.

Coral, you and I use the same TA, and she spent days fixing all the automatic fcc applications that Princess did.  Princess insisted she did it, but it seems it is a program that just automatically reassigned them.  I have had 8 cancellations, and another 8 still booked, and they applied odd amounts to various bookings.  None of it made any sense.  It also assumed full pricing on the bookings, even though our TA offers discounts.  She can move the fcc's around, but not in the amounts you choose, and is unable to apply towards a discounted quote.  It's a mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1