excursions in Puerto Plata

MooNGaTe27

It is a new port. Norwegian will be docking at a new terminal currently being built

The only other cruise terminal is a few miles down the road at Amber Cove that Carnival Corporation built up

Edited by shof515

I also have this as a stop for my January Jade cruise.  Other ports have shore excursions listed, except for this one.  I think they might also be waiting for DR to open up to tourists.  The other ports have all started to accept tourism again as far as I know (not cruising of course as there are none running right now).  I keep checking and will see if they have anything in the next month or so but I'm not holding my breath either.

We also have a port stop there in April....looking forward to a new port.  I too keep watching for excursions for our cruise but nothing yet.  I figure in the next few months they will slowly start adding them.

18 hours ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

I have a cruise planed for april 2021 & I was looking for a ship excursion to do & I'm not seeing any. I see them for the other islands but nor Puerto Plata .Does any one know why??

We are on booked for December 20th of this year on the Joy and it also has nothing available.

St. Thomas and Tortola both have their full complement of excursions listed.

I suspect it is a combination of the new port and the current crisis that is keeping them from posting excursions.

• Like 1

I've seen this many times with cruises I've booked.  Sometimes the excursions for certain ports don't show up on the website until a couple of weeks before sailing or suddenly it's showing a lot more excursions for a particular port.  I've also been searching for info on this stop as it's a new one for NCL.  My guess is the excursions will show up eventually, it just makes it harder to plan.

• Like 1

While you wait for Puerto Plata excursions to appear on the NCL site, you can check out websites for cruise lines that stop at Amber Cove (down the road), like Carnival and Holland America, to get a feel for what the excursion from NCL will look like. 

While you wait for Puerto Plata excursions to appear on the NCL site, you can check out websites for cruise lines that stop at Amber Cove (down the road), like Carnival and Holland America, to get a feel for what the excursion from NCL will look like. 

You can also look on the shipmate app or TripAdvisor. Or just google it [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1