Question about Legend rooms

Eli_6

So looking at a European cruise on the Legend.  Do the balconies have doors between them?

Anyone book the premium balcony rooms by the elevator? Are those noisy?  I am looking at maybe booking 6277 and 6279.  

Screenshot_20200607-150131.png

Edited by Eli_6

I've had one across from them, like 6276 on your diagram and I could hear the elevator dinging all night. Did you know you can tell if it's a up or down by the dings? I think it's one ding down, 2 dings up, but I could have it backwards, but you can listen to the dings if you are waiting for a elevator and know if it's up or down without looking at every door opening on carnival.

Edited by firefly333

27 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

So looking at a European cruise on the Legend.  Do the balconies have doors between them?

Anyone book the premium balcony rooms by the elevator? Are those noisy?  I am looking at maybe booking 6277 and 6279.  

Screenshot_20200607-150131.png

We would never book a cabin next to an elevator.

We had 7301 on the Legend in the past. I was worried about the elevator and location but at the time they were allowing 4 in those room and it was a no-brainer to book it. 

We didn't notice any noise at all from the elevators. This could also have been because it was an off-season cruise (1st week in December) so it wasn't a full sailing. Alas have had no luck booking a 9A/B again because well.. they always seem to be gone! 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've had one across from them, like 6276 on your diagram and I could hear the elevator dinging all night. Did you know you can tell if it's a up or down by the dings? I think it's one ding down, 2 dings up, but I could have it backwards, but you can listen to the dings if you are waiting for a elevator and know if it's up or down without looking at every door opening on carnival.

I love the ding description😁

I need quiet to get to sleep and would not book this room.  Our worse room ever was on a Carnival ship that was set up like this.  I could handle the dinging, but not the loud people getting off the elevators.  That cured me from doing guarantees.  

13 hours ago, Detaximom22 said:

We've stayed in 7299 and don't remember the elevator noise being a problem.  We also stayed in 8235 and don't remember elevator noise but we do recall smelling pizza all of the time!

We have also stayed in 7299 and had no issue with noise from the elevators. Love the room!

Pat