Covid cruise future

sailfar

We may get to sail out of our country later this year but will other countries accept people from countries  with covid 19. The United States is not looking well in new cases and the upward curve.   Surges in  UK and Sweden that have a growing number of cases because of late shutdowns. will prohibit people from cruise ships or require 14 day quarantee as they try to catch up..  There are a lot of states like TX and Arizona that areas would not accept you. We will  have a huge upsurge after opening up based on what is happening in the rest of the world.  If you want to cruise again,  do something to curb covid and follow advice  to shut down. If you want to cruise again!  We are citizens of the world.  Both crew and passengers, need to protect themselves and support science and the vacince effort. 

While I accept that the best thing I can do is to stay home as much as possible and use reasonable precautions when I leave the house, I will NEVER encourage another shut down merely for the sake and future of cruising...ever!  If having to choose, I will savor my cruising memories and bid them farewell over any kind of shut down.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

"If you want to cruise again,  do something to curb covid and follow advice  to shut down." - the purpose of shutting down was to flatten the curve in order to lower the use of medical facilities so that they won't be overwhelmed.  By shutting down you are very likely to stretch out the time that the virus is very active.  If you shut down long enough, you may end up destroying your economy or enlongating the time for the economy to recover.  Whether you like it or not, the only way for the cruise industry to recover is if they develop a vaccine/cure or if the virus dies off like SARS or if a prophylactic can be shown to be effective.  Do you have a scenario as to how the cruise industry can recover?

• Like 3

On 6/9/2020 at 11:22 AM, deadzone1003 said:

"If you want to cruise again,  do something to curb covid and follow advice  to shut down." - the purpose of shutting down was to flatten the curve in order to lower the use of medical facilities so that they won't be overwhelmed.  By shutting down you are very likely to stretch out the time that the virus is very active.  If you shut down long enough, you may end up destroying your economy or enlongating the time for the economy to recover.  Whether you like it or not, the only way for the cruise industry to recover is if they develop a vaccine/cure or if the virus dies off like SARS or if a prophylactic can be shown to be effective.  Do you have a scenario as to how the cruise industry can recover?

I think no one knows for sure. 

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Love that board showing ships sailing again!

Looks like Riviera is slated to start up December 2nd!!  If that happens, then hopefully they will work out the kinks before our cruise in March!  Also good news for anyone scheduled in December!  Hope they can stick to their plan!

There are so many unknowns with COVID-19 and how will relate to travel in general.

I strongly encourage anyone looking to buy insurance for any travel contact Steve at tripinsurancestore.com

I foolishly bought my last cruise insurance policy with InsureMyTrip.com    

Not smart. I thought I knew the ins and outs of buying cruise insurance. Not smart.

I've had two very informative chats with Steve even though I didn't buy my policy through him.

I bought this policy back in March 2020 when the challenges of cruise insurance/COVID-19 were not as widely known as they are today. I didn't buy CFAR then. Not smart.

Anyway, do yourself a favor and call Steve when you put a deposit down on a cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

There are so many unknowns with COVID-19 and how will relate to travel in general.

I strongly encourage anyone looking to buy insurance for any travel contact Steve at tripinsurancestore.com

Such great advice!  I never used to get trip insurance but will think twice about this moving forward!

7 hours ago, Petoonya said:

I foolishly bought my last cruise insurance policy with InsureMyTrip.com    

Not smart. I thought I knew the ins and outs of buying cruise insurance. Not smart.

I've had two very informative chats with Steve even though I didn't buy my policy through him.

I bought this policy back in March 2020 when the challenges of cruise insurance/COVID-19 were not as widely known as they are today. I didn't buy CFAR then. Not smart.

Anyway, do yourself a favor and call Steve when you put a deposit down on a cruise.

I didn't realize that there are policies that cover pandemics. What precisely do they cover?

10 minutes ago, clo said:

I didn't realize that there are policies that cover pandemics. What precisely do they cover?

Please check out the special forum Cruise Critic has for questions to Steve. He will be here through the month of June 2020. Please limit to U.S. based travel insurance plans.

Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clo said:

Travel Guard with Cancel For Any Reason covered pandemic......not expensive to add as a rider to one of their policies...

31 minutes ago, basor said:

Travel Guard with Cancel For Any Reason covered pandemic......not expensive to add as a rider to one of their policies...

Thanks. What's an example of "not expensive."