gift card refund for excursion - wait times

I got the email notification on April 20 that my excursions were cancelled.  We paid via gift cards, but have not received the gift card refund yet.  Should I be worried and start calling to find out?  Or, is it still too early to get them?

We also paid for a pixel package via gift card.  We did not get an email at all that this was cancelled and a refund would be coming.  Should I have?

We opted for the FCC, so these are the only refunds I'm waiting for (paid the deposit with gift cards, and Carnival cancelled the cruise before the PIF date).

11 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I got the email notification on April 20 that my excursions were cancelled.  We paid via gift cards, but have not received the gift card refund yet.  Should I be worried and start calling to find out?  Or, is it still too early to get them?

We also paid for a pixel package via gift card.  We did not get an email at all that this was cancelled and a refund would be coming.  Should I have?

We opted for the FCC, so these are the only refunds I'm waiting for (paid the deposit with gift cards, and Carnival cancelled the cruise before the PIF date).

I had two cruises booked and canceled in June using Gift Cards for small items such as water package and WIFI. I decided to be the squeaky wheel and started calling the end of May. The "gift line" person told me she would send in a request. I called on June 5th and spoke with another person and this one told me the request was never sent in and she would do it again. I was told I could not use the money for another cruise booked for 2021. You guessed it I called again, and said if they planned to hold my money they could at least let me purchase the same items for the 2021 cruise. I was very nice and polite on all phone calls as it is not the person we speak to fault that CCL is holding our cash.  I asked if she would not mind reminding them that I still want an update. A bit later I received an email with the following response. Like you the CC dollars were retruned to my adult children who lanned to treat me to two birthday cruises with them. 

Good Day,

It has been noted.

We have an extremely high number of requests and we are working as efficiently as we can. We are hoping to get all refunds out as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

cancelled ours in mid march, no refunds for the $300 in gift cards we used towards excursions yet. From what I understand, they will mail new gift cards.

• Like 1

I had several excursions cancelled about two to three weeks ago and they were on gift cards.  Honestly, I had not even thought about it but will be checking my mail now. 

We cancelled our cruise on March 11.  Got our first credit card refund for shore excursions about a month ago and from Fun Shops about 2 weeks ago.   We are still waiting on the gift card refund portions for cruise, shore excursions, and Fun shops.   Delta cancelled our flight and it has been now about 3 weeks.   We were told it could take up to two billing cycles for our flights to show up on cc.  I have been patient but may soon be making phone calls to ***ch.

Edited by HLGW60

We had a 4/25 cruise on the Breeze cancelled by Carnival.    We had excursions booked for the 3 of us at a total of $683.88.   I had a $50 gift card and put the balance on my credit card.    I received the credit on my credit card on May 7th.   Still waiting for the $50 credit that is due to me on a gift card.    Because of the 90 day refund that we keep hearing about I'm not checking with Carnival for this until July.    Hoping that it comes thru before then.    We re-booked in March of 2021 with the 600 OBC  and most of our credits transferred to our new cruise (all except the $287 we paid for insurance with Carnival).    I will also check in July to make sure that the credit for that also gets transferred.   I know its taking a lot of patience to wait this out - I'll just be happy when we can all go back to cruising safely.    

5 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I got a notification for the cancelled excursions. It took 6 weeks for me to receive my gift card via FEDEX and 4 weeks for me to get my cruise refund. We rebooked for next summer so I only received a refund for the difference.

I am going to spend some time calling tomorrow I believe so I can hopefully remember to make an update. 

Paid for an excursion with a $100 gift card and $60 on a CC. Got the CC refund about 2 weeks ago, no gift card refund yet... I figured I would give it a few more weeks to show up but, I would rather make sure I have the gift card by September at this point so.. 

On 6/10/2020 at 12:45 PM, shof515 said:

it will take 90 days or longer to get a refund

We cancelled our Aug 17, 2020 on Dream. Opted for a FCC ( from our deposit) to be applied to an already booked Panama Canal 01/24/21. Any idea how long before we see that FCC in our account?

Thanks, arleen

59 minutes ago, thekidsandi said:

Sorry, I meant OBC. Is that what you meant?

We had an Aug cruise booked. It was one of the ones that are supposed to sail from TX. We do not want to go, so we cancelled & asked for our deposit to become a Future Cruise credit on our Panama Canal cruise ( which was already booked). That cruise sails on 01/24/2021. 

Our acc't does not show the FCC yet. It has been a few weeks.

thanks-arleen

We had a May cruise that officially cancelled in April. I took FCC which transferred to a new cruise. I had several pre-cruise purchases made with Carnival gift cards and haven’t seen received anything yet. One of my purchases a small balance went on a credit card where the gift card didn’t cover it. I did see a credit for that on my statement but no gift cards. I almost exclusively get nothing but junk mail in my physical mail so hoping it doesn’t come in a completely nondescript envelope that I accidentally throw out!

Edited by mslhb

Same here! It just goes to show you, you should open EVERY piece of junk mail you get, no matter what. It's very easy to throw out important things like g.s.'s that are non descript in nature.

11 minutes ago, mslhb said:

We had a May cruise that officially cancelled in April. I took FCC which transferred to a new cruise. I had several pre-cruise purchases made with Carnival gift cards and haven’t seen received anything yet. One of my purchases a small balance went on a credit card where the gift card didn’t cover it. I did see a credit for that on my statement but no gift cards. I almost exclusively get nothing but junk mail in my physical mail so hoping it doesn’t come in a completely nondescript envelope that I accidentally throw out!

6 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Same here! It just goes to show you, you should open EVERY piece of junk mail you get, no matter what. It's very easy to throw out important things like g.s.'s that are non descript in nature.

One of the two gift cards from two canceled cruises arrived today. I am going to wait a few days and call Carnival once again. This time out I am going to wait to use the gift cards closer to the sail date which is next year. The gift card arrived via Federal Express in an envelope with the gift card inside.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:48 PM, Schoifmom said:

My cruise was cancelled April 1.  I got a refund for my Fun Shops purchases paid for with a credit card.  I have not yet received any of my refunds due paid with gift cards.

Yesterday I received the gift cards for the cruise portion of my fare that was being refunded to me (the remainder was used as FCC on another cruise).  I have yet to receive gift card refunds for Fun Shops purchases (internet and steakhouse).

12 hours ago, mslhb said:

12 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Carnival sends gift card refunds via FedEx.