The Case of the Disappearing Cruises (Yeah, I read a lot of mysteries) ;- )

NuisanceLuke

On 6/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, Sunandslots said:

Just checked my cruise planner. All 3 of my cruises are still showing. Sept13 2020,

Jan and May 2021.  So hope everything is still a go. 

Not trying to burst your bubble, but that doesn’t mean anything. A cruise will remain in your Cruise Manager even after Carnival announces it is cancelled. It remains there until you contact Carnival to let them know if you are rebooking and taking the FCC, or if you want a refund. 

On 6/14/2020 at 8:56 PM, Organized Chaos said:

. . .

That particular wording has been there for over a month. It's not necessarily an indication of cancellations. . .

I look at the Carnival website often, especially since March/April.  The banner on my Carnival Home page (Windows 10, Firefox 77.0.1) changed shortly before I posted the OP.  And this part was not there before. 

Our actual offerings may vary from what is displayed or described here.

We have a 20 September 2020 cruise on Freedom.  I just checked, and it's still there, but September is blocked and you can't book, it's blocked out. I'm going to tell myself that it's because it's at capacity 🤞🤞

I miss cruising!!!

7 minutes ago, tobishea said:

We have a 20 September 2020 cruise on Freedom.  I just checked, and it's still there, but September is blocked and you can't book, it's blocked out. I'm going to tell myself that it's because it's at capacity 🤞🤞

I miss cruising!!!

it's canceled

46 minutes ago, tobishea said:

Awe man....will carnival contact me or do I need to contact them?

The shutdown extension that was announced today is until Sept. 15th. Carnival will begin sending out emails on Monday to those who are cancelled, but since your cruise is just outside this new window, they may not officially cancel yours right now. Try not to pay too much attention to people who say the cancellations will continue beyond the date that has officially been announced. They don't know. None of us do, unless it happens. If yours does happen, you'll be one of the very first cruises to sail, so you'd have to ask yourself if that's something you're comfortable with. If you are, good luck, I hope it happens. 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tobishea said:

I miss cruising!!!

I have a oct 4th cruise looks like in the same window as yours. Guess we just have to wait another month or so to find out. 

2 hours ago, tobishea said:

I miss cruising!!!

I know they removed the October Freedom cruises two days ago. They where there one night with plenty of rooms. Poof gone the next morning.

1 hour ago, tobishea said:

Awe man....will carnival contact me or do I need to contact them?

That's not for sure. Wait until Monday to hear the news. It's very possible they'll only cancel through September 15th.

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I know they removed the October Freedom cruises two days ago. They where there one night with plenty of rooms. Poof gone the next morning.

But they can still be booked on a site I'm not allowed to name.

Explain that? If they are gone from carnival.com supposedly due to hitting capacity why can they still be booked on another site.   And I'm sure you can. This is how I booked August, wasnt on carnival, so I called the other site and they booked me. 

Game playing afoot

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

But they can still be booked on a site I'm not allowed to name.

Explain that? If they are gone from carnival.com supposedly due to hitting capacity why can they still be booked on another site.   And I'm sure you can. This is how I booked August, wasnt on carnival, so I called the other site and they booked me. 

Game playing afoot

Interesting. I may need to shop around. Here's my bet. I've heard of travel agents buying blocks of rooms and getting them at a group rate. My guess is that agency bought up a block of rooms before Carnival cut it off.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Interesting. I may need to shop around. Here's my bet. I've heard of travel agents buying blocks of rooms and getting them at a group rate. My guess is that agency bought up a block of rooms before Carnival cut it off.

They must have bought them up cheap. I saw the sept 15 mobile panama cruise for 399. That's hundreds of dollars off., a sept 4 day rcl date for 218 pp in a ov, again hundreds cheaper than rcl.

The agust date when I booked it was $70 cheaper than on carnival. As soon as I booked it dissapeared from carnival but dropped $10 pp over that weekend on the site I booked on, and carnival refunded the $20. It was only a 5 day so the week before final payment, august 31, went from 199 pp to 189. When it showed on carnival was like 269 pp. Plus taxes. If it was group space they would have had to give it back. My oct 4th freedom dissapeared from carnival but can be booked there. If its reached capacity how can another site still sell cabins. 

Maybe you are right they bought up a bunch of cabins on the cheap. Best explanation I've heard. Your explanation better than anything I've come up with 

Edited by firefly333

On 6/19/2020 at 10:17 PM, Organized Chaos said:

The shutdown extension that was announced today is until Sept. 15th. Carnival will begin sending out emails on Monday to those who are cancelled, but since your cruise is just outside this new window, they may not officially cancel yours right now. Try not to pay too much attention to people who say the cancellations will continue beyond the date that has officially been announced. They don't know. None of us do, unless it happens. If yours does happen, you'll be one of the very first cruises to sail, so you'd have to ask yourself if that's something you're comfortable with. If you are, good luck, I hope it happens. 🙂

Thank you!

On 6/21/2020 at 8:10 PM, Cruiseboy06 said:

99.99% chance that your cruise will BE canceled!!!!!!!!   They blocked Sept cruises about a week ago..

Maybe some people like to wait until they get official word of a cruise cancellation?  Hope springs eternal.  🙂

Just now, Cruiseboy06 said:

All August and Sept cruises are cancelled.

I haven't checked things out today.  It's not until September 15th anymore? 

19 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I found it!  I didn't read up on things yesterday because it was my husband's birthday.  Well shoot.  😞  https://www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-updates?icid=default_butterbar_health&safety_06032020

1 hour ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Except when you made your little "99.99% chance that your cruise will BE canceled!!!!!!!!" remark, Carnival hadn't made their Sept. 30th announcement yet. The only thing known for sure was CLIA's Sept. 15th announcement, which I covered in my reply to tobishea. For all we knew, Carnival was going to align with that date. Cruises disappearing from the website mean nothing until an official announcement is made.