The Case of the Disappearing Cruises (Yeah, I read a lot of mysteries) ;- )

NuisanceLuke

OK, a little background first.  I had two cruises cancelled by Carnival in May and August leaving from Charleston.  A few days before they were officially cancelled, they started disappearing from my Cruise Planner.  I could add them back, but they just disappeared again several times.  My September cruise has also recently started disappearing (and also doesn't show as available to book now), but I can add it back.  I have suspected all along that September 2020 might be cancelled, but I have absolutely no proof of this--just a gut feeling.

Now the part that makes absolutely no sense (to me anyway):  I rebooked back-to-backs with the FCC and OBC from the May and August 2020 cancelled cruises for cruises in December 2021 (one 4-day and one 10-day), and a 7-day for February 22, and over the last 3-4 days they have all started disappearing, too, but again I can still add them back to my Cruise Planner.

A couple of days ago, the COVID-19 info banner at the top of my Carnival home page changed to the banner below.  The underlined part is what is confusing.  Why show any cruises at all if they aren't their "actual offerings?"  Nothing has changed in the Health and Sailings Update since May 21.  I'm not sure if the disappearing cruises for 2021 is a website glitch or what.  Has anyone here who has cruises booked for late 2021 and early 2022 had them disappear from their Cruise Planner?  Thanks!  😊

UPDATE
We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of COVID-19 and how they may impact our future offerings.
Our actual offerings may vary from what is displayed or described here. Stay updated on current Health and Sailings Advisories.
Edited by NuisanceLuke

Luke, I feel your pain. Right now, nothing seems to make sense to me. No one knows what's going on. At first I was mad, then I became frustrated. Now I've just settled into a 'be patient, wait and see what happens' mood. I'm trying to remain upbeat, but it gets more difficult by the week.  Keep the faith! 🥂

I log in a lot to my cruise manager especially lately and I just checked and my December 5th, 2020 sailing on the Radiance disappeared and my May Mardi Gras is still there. I was able to add it back on but I bet it is a sign of news to come. Bummer! Wish we could find out soon so we can make other plans 

9 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Luke, I feel your pain. Right now, nothing seems to make sense to me. No one knows what's going on. At first I was mad, then I became frustrated. Now I've just settled into a 'be patient, wait and see what happens' mood. I'm trying to remain upbeat, but it gets more difficult by the week.  Keep the faith! 🥂

Thanks, Joe.  I know they can't predict with any accuracy whatsoever right now at least about 2020.  Neither can I.  None of us know what is going to happen with this virus.  I am really trying to do what you are doing and be patient, wait and see what happens.  And I was pretty successful in doing that until the 2021 and 2022 cruises started disappearing.  Hopefully, it is just a website glitch. 

You keep the faith, and I will too!  It's hard to, though, sometimes when I see all my retirement travel plans going down the tube and only consisting of masks, social distancing, cancelled trips and cancelled cruises.

OK, enough of the depressing stuff.  At least I have my health. . .so far.  Lets keep our fingers crossed! 

3 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

I log in a lot to my cruise manager especially lately and I just checked and my December 5th, 2020 sailing on the Radiance disappeared and my May Mardi Gras is still there. I was able to add it back on but I bet it is a sign of news to come. Bummer! Wish we could find out soon so we can make other plans 

The December 5 cruise you reference is the farthest out I remember seeing posted, though my memory isn't as sharp as it once was.

7 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

I hope December works out for you!  I have 3 back-to-backs booked on RCCL for November-December 2020.  I haven't given up on those. . .yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NuisanceLuke said:

Thanks, Joe.  I know they can't predict with any accuracy whatsoever right now at least about 2020.  Neither can I.  None of us know what is going to happen with this virus.  I am really trying to do what you are doing and be patient, wait and see what happens.  And I was pretty successful in doing that until the 2021 and 2022 cruises started disappearing.  Hopefully, it is just a website glitch. 

You keep the faith, and I will too!  It's hard to, though, sometimes when I see all my retirement travel plans going down the tube and only consisting of masks, social distancing, cancelled trips and cancelled cruises.

OK, enough of the depressing stuff.  At least I have my health. . .so far.  Lets keep our fingers crossed! 

Indeed Luke! We are retired as well. I often feel like a spectator watching a football game, when I come here. :classic_laugh:

Learn how to make a funship special and watch the u-tube videos of your ship. That'll help! 🍹   🔜   🚢

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Indeed Luke! We are retired as well. I often feel like a spectator watching a football game, when I come here. :classic_laugh:

Learn how to make a funship special and watch the u-tube videos of your ship. That'll help! 🍹   🔜   🚢

Great idea!  I'll grab a glass of wine (maybe two) and do just that. 

• Haha 1

The September Panorama cruises disapear every few days. In another thread the same thing was posted. I did a mock booking & was able to book Panorama in September. The next day I tried again & it was gone. It came back a few days later. Today it's gone again. I have read this happening with the August bookings too. It's all speculation, are they sold out or cancelled?

My three bookings are still showing; the first one is 8/22/20 on Vista. It is not available for booking; I'm hoping that this is just because they are limiting the numbers on board.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

The September Panorama cruises disapear every few days. In another thread the same thing was posted. I did a mock booking & was able to book Panorama in September. The next day I tried again & it was gone. It came back a few days later. Today it's gone again. I have read this happening with the August bookings too. It's all speculation, are they sold out or cancelled?

The only thing I can figure out, and as a few have suggested, is that when it's gone, Carnival has reached their maximum capacity they set for the ship. Then someone cancels, and it's put back up for grabs. If it were cancelled surely it would state somewhere on their website. But stranger things have happened. This is just a guess, however. 

• Like 2

My august 31st cruise is back. It's been gone for over a week. I havent been checking my oct 4th freedom cruise, apparently it isnt getting booked up as it's been the cheapest freedom date.

We all been saying cruises coming and going and wondering. 

45 minutes ago, noitsnotatuba said:

My 9/5 on Panorama (supposed to be her first cruise back) disappeared from booking, with the rest of her September dates, but it is still showing in my account.

We are on this cruise too. I just told DH that I'm not able to do any kind of mock booking (I like seeing how much our cruise has gone up in price since I got an AMAZING price) for our trip. So now I'm kind of sad that it might be cancelled. 

Edited by cruzinfamilyof4

2 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

The 14 day panama canal cruise on freedom November 1st 2020 is no longer in search, but it's still in my cruise manager. Hopefully it's just sold out.

It was showing sold out for months but recently opened up. I was watching the same one lol, it's back open but high prices and frankly I'm a bit worried if ports will be open.

I've also been watching radiance 14 days oct or nov 2021, I forget. Havent booked one yet. 

7 hours ago, NuisanceLuke said:

UPDATE

We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of COVID-19 and how they may impact our future offerings.
Our actual offerings may vary from what is displayed or described here. Stay updated on current Health and Sailings Advisories.

FYI That's just the travel advisory that's been on their site (or versions of it) since the onset of the shutdown. It's just a link to their cancellations, information about safety measures, things like that. That particular wording has been there for over a month. It's not necessarily an indication of cancellations, so don't let it spook you. The missing cruises could be a foreshadowing of their cancellation or maybe that they've reached their set capacities since the ships will be sailing at partial capacity for a while in the beginning.

The cruise lines had a big meeting with the CDC a few days ago. The outcome of that will probably have a big impact on when they'll return, if they even know when, but they've been tight-lipped about the meeting.

My Horizon 9/19/2020 is still in my manager and they emailed me over the weekend to take advantage of Spa discounts.  I would hope they would not be sending that out unless they were pretty sure they were sailing.  At least I hope so.  Keeping fingers crossed they stay on their time frame.  We have already had 2 cancelled already, I would be so depressed for a 3rd.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:51 PM, firefly333 said:

It was showing sold out for months but recently opened up. I was watching the same one lol, it's back open but high prices and frankly I'm a bit worried if ports will be open.

I've also been watching radiance 14 days oct or nov 2021, I forget. Havent booked one yet. 

I have  the radiance booked for Jan 2022 for a 14 day. It's still for sale and in my planner. 

18 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I have  the radiance booked for Jan 2022 for a 14 day. It's still for sale and in my planner. 

I got rcl booked next January and I had allure booked b2b early 2022, which turned into liberty so the late fall 2021 radiance is my only choice or wait another year.

I guess we are both wondering what ship we will get if refit of radiance is cancelled. Partial? What? It's like I'm booking mystery cruises. 

Edited by firefly333

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I got rcl booked next January and I had allure booked b2b early 2022, which turned into liberty so the late fall 2021 radiance is my only choice or wait another year.

I guess we are both wondering what ship we will get if refit of radiance is cancelled. Partial? What? It's like I'm booking mystery cruises. 

The Beatles!  Magical Mystery Tour.  .... Sorry I just had to put that in there. '

Wow. I gotta have me another one of my Funship Specials. 🍹:classic_biggrin: BRB

• Haha 1