Carnival Ships Current Location

lagienomai

So just out of curiosity I was playing on cruise tracker to see current ship locations. Currently there are what looks like 8 ships anchored. Among those Sunshine, Paradise, Horizon, Legend, Elation, Vista, Sensation and Fantasy. A little ways over are three Royal Ships. So my question is this, how long are they able to stay anchored in place without coming into port? Sorry I'm dont know much on how power works on a boat. Does fuel play a factor. Not sure if any have an insight on this nor have we ever experienced a long shutdown like this. But I know there are some on here that know the workings of a ship.. I do know that this was would an interesting sight to see out in the ocean with all this ships just sitting anchored in the ocean. 

20 minutes ago, lagienomai said:

So my question is this, how long are they able to stay anchored in place without coming into port?

food provision for those still onboard could be a factor of when the ship need to come into port. if the food supply is low, then the ship needs to come in

I am using marinevesseltraffic.com and coming up with all sorts of interesting places. The Freedom is 'adrift' between Grenada and Barbados; the Dream is in Jakarta not going anywhere; the Vista is at Lil Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas...I assume it's anchored.

4 hours ago, lagienomai said:

I do know that this was would an interesting sight to see out in the ocean with all this ships just sitting anchored in the ocean. 

If that's something that interests you, then you should look at one of the "Sailabration" cruises in March, 2022. They're special cruises to celebrate Carnival's 50th birthday. There are several ships that are participating and on each one of their itineraries, they'll participate in a Fun Ship Meetup at Sea. Multiple ships will come together out on the ocean to celebrate. There will be 5 Meetups. Three of them will include 3 ships, one will have 6 ships, and another will have 7 ships. We'll be on the Sunrise. 🙂 You can read more about it here: https://www.carnival.com/carnival-sailabration-cruises.aspx

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If that's something that interests you, then you should look at one of the "Sailabration" cruises in March, 2022. They're special cruises to celebrate Carnival's 50th birthday. There are several ships that are participating and on each one of their itineraries, they'll participate in a Fun Ship Meetup at Sea. Multiple ships will come together out on the ocean to celebrate. There will be 5 Meetups. Three of them will include 3 ships, one will have 6 ships, and another will have 7 ships. We'll be on the Sunrise. 🙂 You can read more about it here: https://www.carnival.com/carnival-sailabration-cruises.aspx

Wow, didn't know anything about this.   How cool!!

Spirit and a Panorama are in a Manila. There are a few ships going from South Africa going to India (Ecstacy, Fascination ) I think the Valor and a Magic are off coast in England. If the crews have been offloaded to the transfer ships and they just have basic Manning there would only be less than 150-200 onboard so offloaded/supplies would be less often.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Wow. I will definitely look into this. Just came back from Orlando today and as we were driving past the exits to Jaxport and Charleston cruise withdraw truly set in hence the need to track the ships at sea. 

• Like 1

OP, we have facetime a few times with one of the crew on on of those 8 ships your seeing. Just a few weeks ago that person said there was a little under 150 crew on the ship and they had supplies for 90 days before thet needed to restock. If they do sail in August this person will stay on the ship they are currently on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I read about that earlier. I really don't understand the idea behind it. Ships will stop close to each other and do what? How is that a celebration? Seem like a waste of good travel time  to me. 

2 hours ago, outdoors27 said:

OP, we have facetime a few times with one of the crew on on of those 8 ships your seeing. Just a few weeks ago that person said there was a little under 150 crew on the ship and they had supplies for 90 days before thet needed to restock. If they do sail in August this person will stay on the ship they are currently on.

Thanks. Under the travel path however accurate it is showed they had been there since 4/25. Which if so you have to start feeling bad for them. Emotionally this would have to take a toll. And even not they have not been able to exit the ship since they started regardless how long they have been anchored. Think how stir crazy we all were on lockdown but we at least could walk around outside and could drive to pick up takeout. Makes me appreciate the crew that much more. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Did the price go up recently? I've been looking at this cruise but I didn't remember it being this pricey😱

13 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Our price on the Breeze is very expensive for a 5 day cruise.  We booked within days of the initial offering and the price has never moved.  It's the most per person per night I've ever paid.

Maybe I'm thinking of another cruise (been shopping cruises) but the Sailabration is a chunk of change! Sounds like a lot of fun though😁

6 hours ago, bamaone said:

I read about that earlier. I really don't understand the idea behind it. Ships will stop close to each other and do what? How is that a celebration? Seem like a waste of good travel time  to me. 

I think it's just something different for them to do for the 50th. When they meet up, each ship will have a big deck party and the descriptions says it'll end with a special nighttime show at sea. Maybe fireworks, I don't know. I think it'll be fun. One of the reasons we picked the one we did is because it's part of the 6 ship meetup. We wanted to see several ships get together. We still have three ports of call on our 7-day, so it's not like the meetup is taking a lot away from us. Personally, I think it's going to add to the experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Did the price go up recently? I've been looking at this cruise but I didn't remember it being this pricey😱

We're doing the 7-day on Sunrise and our Interior has gone up $30/person. The price definitely started higher than usual, but I guess since it's a special occasion, they're considering it somewhat of a premium. We think it'll be a unique experience, so we're willing to pay a little more. Looking forward to it.

20 hours ago, poz222 said:

Spirit and a Panorama are in a Manila. There are a few ships going from South Africa going to India (Ecstacy, Fascination ) I think the Valor and a Magic are off coast in England. If the crews have been offloaded to the transfer ships and they just have basic Manning there would only be less than 150-200 onboard so offloaded/supplies would be less often.

The Carnival Breeze is anchored near Dover, England