Is anyone able to get on "MyVikingJourney"?

OnTheJourney

I was just able to log in without any issues just a few minutes ago. With this on-going upgrade, I have been checking in every day to see if I have been upgraded yet (no luck) and I have had uninterrupted service all weekend long.

Just for kicks, you can try logging in from a different browser or device. Sometimes it makes a difference and some times it doesn't.  A few months back, I was having trouble accessing my photos on Shutterfly. Trying to contact them was useless but I found that if I used a different browser, I wasn't having any problems. Then one day, all of a sudden everything was hunky dory on my regular browser.

About a week ago I was upgraded to the new MVJ.  I have two cruises booked for 2021. One was dropped altogether, and I had to put it back on.  But now, I just keep getting a “booking locked” message for Wake of the Vikings.  My Greek Odyssey Cruise is up and running fine in the new format, which is quite nice and user friendly.  But one question. When I hit the shore ex tab, it tells me that I can pick my shore ex on a certain date at 8 pm Pacific time.  It used to be 12:01 am Pacific time.  If this is true, it will be so nice not to have to get up in the middle of the night to book!

10 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

But one question. When I hit the shore ex tab, it tells me that I can pick my shore ex on a certain date at 8 pm Pacific time.  It used to be 12:01 am Pacific time.  If this is true, it will be so nice not to have to get up in the middle of the night to book!

It was changed from midnight to Noon Pacific time, I think, some time in 2019. So, the 8pm is either something new or a mistake.

32 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

It was changed from midnight to Noon Pacific time, I think, some time in 2019. So, the 8pm is either something new or a mistake.

Now that you mention it, we had an Alaska cruise for August that had the shore ex time as 12 pm.  I thought that was a mistake for 12 am.  So maybe the 8 pm time is another change. Who knows?  I can‘t book until December anyway.

Edited by SantaFe1

Here is a screenshot of the homepage ( with personal booking info at the top blocked out). There are lots of nice improvements.  Under the payment section, they now have a way to apply your vouchers or OBC.  Under air, they have a transfer form to send in if you book your own air but want a Viking transfer.  Under extensions, you can book a pre or post extension yourself, which I am going to do as soon as my voucher comes through. There are sample menus under the dining tab.  I’m sure all this was someplace before, but now it’s all together in one place under logical headings.  Now, if I could just see it for In the Wake of the Vikings I would be a happy camper.

1DC9F8F7-841A-4C41-9ED1-2F56AD125F33.thumb.png.ea7d6ab59bd98e4a630c49419f89bf6a.png

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Here is a screenshot of the homepage ( with personal booking info at the top blocked out). There are lots of nice improvements.  Under the payment section, they now have a way to apply your vouchers or OBC.  Under air, they have a transfer form to send in if you book your own air but want a Viking transfer.  Under extensions, you can book a pre or post extension yourself, which I am going to do as soon as my voucher comes through. There are sample menus under the dining tab.  I’m sure all this was someplace before, but now it’s all together in one place under logical headings.  Now, if I could just see it for In the Wake of the Vikings I would be a happy camper.

1DC9F8F7-841A-4C41-9ED1-2F56AD125F33.thumb.png.ea7d6ab59bd98e4a630c49419f89bf6a.png

"Vouchers and Shipboard Credits will be automatically applied to your purchases of excursions, beverage package, and prepaid gratuities. These must be used before your journey begins."

Shipboard credits must be used before your journey begins?

28 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

Thanks SantaFe1. I am on the Wake of Vikings 2021 cruise but have old MVJ. Maybe I made sardine jokes on social media and am being punished.

I haven't been upgrade yet either.  I've decided that they have saved the best for last. 🤪

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

JB....curious as to where in December?  Do you think you might go?  I'm grappling over what to do about the January cruises we have booked. Thanks for letting me know you can access MVJ. 

We’re booked on transatlantic Lisbon to Miami, followed by Miami to Los Angeles.  We’ll be away almost 5 weeks in total...if we go!  The jury is out - mostly because I don’t really fancy the long flight back from LA to Heathrow.  The Miami-LA cruise is the first leg of the World Cruise, and I can’t believe that the world be safe enough for that yet.  So we wait and see whether Viking change their plans nearer the time.  We’re also booked onto the last leg of the same World Cruise (Venice to London) in May 2021.  

1 hour ago, Jammy Bun said:

We’re booked on transatlantic Lisbon to Miami, followed by Miami to Los Angeles.  We’ll be away almost 5 weeks in total...if we go!  The jury is out - mostly because I don’t really fancy the long flight back from LA to Heathrow.  The Miami-LA cruise is the first leg of the World Cruise, and I can’t believe that the world be safe enough for that yet.  So we wait and see whether Viking change their plans nearer the time.  We’re also booked onto the last leg of the same World Cruise (Venice to London) in May 2021.  

Wow!  A bit too long a journey for me. Ours will be 3 weeks total - I'll go 4 weeks (or thereabouts) on a trip, but that's approaching the limit as to how long I want to be away. If we do this, we have LHR back to EWR (Newark)..or PHL depending on what Viking comes up with if I decide to have them do the air. I'm sure something like a world cruise is amazing, but I swear I'd be ready to jump overboard two months into the itinerary. I can't imagine how my brain could absorb something like visiting 60-70 ports. I believe I'd suffer a sort of 'burn-out'. It takes me several weeks after a 2-week trip even to 'process' everything I've seen and done - and then don't remember a good part of it a few years later anyway! 

Edited by OnTheJourney

2 hours ago, Krisval said:

We are on British Isles Explorer next year- no upgrade showing yet. Would be a fantastic surprise! 

Kris, would that we were talking about the Upgrade Fairy--may she wave her magic wand in the direction of each and everyone of us!

But alas, we are talking about the promised upgrade to MVJ, which they have been rolling out all to slowly since the middle of May. We will all be getting the MVJ upgrade... eventually.

I would say this, about a week ago I Logged in and they said you have been selected to preview, or something, the new MVJ.  Don’t really know why.  But I would call it more of an update than a upgrade.  I immediately lost all contact with my second cruise, In the Wake of the Vikings.  Can’t see a thing. .  But a nice update for my Greek Odyssey Cruise.  They didn’t say anything about rating the new format, but I dont think they have the kinks worked out yet.  So, as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for...  

8 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

But I would call it more of an update than a upgrade.

I think that it more than just a new look. They did say in the notification on MVJ that they would eliminating the "Wish List" and it seems that some other functions have been made easier to find and easier to use.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here is what the notification said:

image.thumb.png.bf7f9e56fca9dece941de6ef67185e17.png

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Funny, I got the “upgrade,” but never saw this.  I think it still experimental.  

Can't tell you how many times in the past three months that DH has said, "Technology is great, when it works."

• Haha 1

I have been updated to the new version of MVJ, which had just one of our two booked cruises showing. Through a drop down box I was prompted to enter another booking number, which I did, and the second cruise appeared. 

I did notice a new feature under Shore Excursions. Since we are way too early to be viewing them yet, they do have the Pre and Post cruise extension listed there. I notice one of them had a " Only One Available" (or something like that). I wonder if that literally means just one person, or would it be couple? I know I could contact Viking to ask that, but I figure they have much more to do than answer what is just a hypothetical question at this point. With things so uncertain, I am not looking to alter our existing plans at this point. Any ideas how to interpret that ?