Extending suspension of Cruising

Cruiseboy06

Just now, Joe817 said:

I would say yes. Because of the prior cancellations, and pent up demand for cruise starved cruisers....me included.

Boy, I hope everyone is right that they are just full.  Normally I am an optimistic person, but after having 4 cruises cancelled in the last 4 months, I am about to give up for the year.  My business rely on me being able to cruise so it is really stressful right now.

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I would say yes. Because of the prior cancellations, and pent up demand for cruise starved cruisers....me included.

Me too!  I want to get on a ship so bad.... this has been the longest time between cruises, 5 months and I can't hardly stand it.

37 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

So, is this a sign that Carnival is about to extend their cancellations?

In my experience yes it is a sign they are going to extend cancellations.  We had a cruise booked for April 27 and like others I thought they were limiting the numbers when booking became unavailable and then it was cancelled.  Same thing again for our July 25 cruise; unable to book then cancelled.  Our Sept cruise on Pride was not close to full and in fact I watched three aft wraps open up for booking and now it's cancelled.  I was maintaining holds on a cruise on Horizon for the same week in case Baltimore or Bermuda didn't open up, but Horizon became unavailable the same time Pride became unavailable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulMedik said:

In my experience yes it is a sign they are going to extend cancellations.  We had a cruise booked for April 27 and like others I thought they were limiting the numbers when booking became unavailable and then it was cancelled.  Same thing again for our July 25 cruise; unable to book then cancelled.  Our Sept cruise on Pride was not close to full and in fact I watched three aft wraps open up for booking and now it's cancelled.  I was maintaining holds on a cruise on Horizon for the same week in case Baltimore or Bermuda didn't open up, but Horizon became unavailable the same time Pride became unavailable.

I try to be optimistic but I have a gut feeling that yes they are going to extend the cancellations.   Especially after NCL extended theirs last night.  I hope I am wrong, really want to cruise and have a B2B booked with RCCL on Aug. 3rd.   Just have to keep the faith I guess.

12 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

Me too!  I want to get on a ship so bad.... this has been the longest time between cruises, 5 months and I can't hardly stand it.

Good grief ks! Only 5 months? My last cruise ended last Aug.1...of last year. I've been booked on a cruise since last Sept. 6 for a 'scheduled' Sept. 13 sailing. And as the days slip by the chances are getting slimmer & slimmer that our cruise is not going to happen. So take your FunShip Special over there 🔜 and complain to them. Here. I'll have one with you!  🍹

[now, with that over, I apologize if I put a burr under your saddle, or ruffled  your feathers(depending on what area of the country you're from. But I see you're from Georgia, so that shouldn't be a problem.) No offense intended. We are all in this together.]

Edited by Joe817

Just now, Joe817 said:

Good grief ks! Only 5 months? My last cruise ended last Aug.1...of last year. I've been booked on a cruise since last Sept. 6 for a 'scheduled' Sept. 13 sailing. And as the days slip by the chances are getting slimmer & slimmer that our cruise is going to happen. So take your FunShip Special over there 🔜 and complain to them. Here. I'll have one with you!  🍹

[now, with that over, I apologize if I put a burr under your saddle, or ruffled  your feathers(depending on what area of the country you're from. But I see you're from Georgia, so that shouldn't be a problem.) No offense intended. We are all in this together.]

No offense at all taken!  Not complaining since we haven't been able to cruise, just missing it and having to deal with all of this cancellation BS.  Just have an itch that I can't scratch....just a little GA slang there.    

20 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

No offense at all taken!  Not complaining since we haven't been able to cruise, just missing it and having to deal with all of this cancellation BS.  Just have an itch that I can't scratch....just a little GA slang there.    

Lololol! We use the same saying over here!  And same here. 👍

48 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

Boy, I hope everyone is right that they are just full.  Normally I am an optimistic person, but after having 4 cruises cancelled in the last 4 months, I am about to give up for the year.  My business rely on me being able to cruise so it is really stressful right now.

It's the August sailings too. 😩. We are set to sail 8/22 on the Horizon. 

I am set to sail on 9/20, and our Online Check-in is on Monday.  Needless to say, I'm chomping down my nails, wondering if this is really going to happen.  I haven't even told the hubby there could very well be an issue.  

3 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Great commentary. Until we as a Nation get a firm handle on this Virus unfortunately many lives will continue to be affected. We have to start listening to the experts and stop trying to silence them for telling the truth. 

I personally believe that when it is deemed "Absolutely Safe" again to cruise and when those "Initial" cruisers are diagnosed as "Safe and Corona Free" then we will all be Cruising Again!!!

With all do respect, jetsfan58, I'm not sure if it will be be deemed absolutely safe again for a while. I'm quite confident that there WILL be a vaccine developed for this nasty bug for widespread distribution. And I believe it will be available within the next 10 or 12 months. And I also believe  it will be as effective as the current vaccine we have for the current flu vaccines we have to combat the current flu strains we are now seeing....saving for covid-19.  Damn. I've strayed off topic again. Sorry everbody. It's getting more difficult for me to STAY on topic. 

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1

Please stay on topic ....Debating\arguing death statistics and whether one source is better than another is not cruise related and will result in this timely topIc....which is of interest to many... being removed. There are many who just want to discuss cruising.

Thanks!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Host Carolyn said:

Please stay on topic ....Debating\arguing death statistics and whether one source is better than another is not cruise related and will result in this timely topIc....which is of interest to many... being removed. There are many who just want to discuss cruising.

Thanks!

Thanks Carolyn for keeping us on track! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

All cruise lines will be cancelling soon. They all have to follow the same rules from the CDC and that is why NCL cancelled.

I think it is safe to assume NCL would not have cancelled cruises thru September if there was even a small chance the CDC would allow cruises to resume earlier. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think it is safe to assume NCL would not have cancelled cruises thru September if there was even a small chance the CDC would allow cruises to resume earlier. 

NCL has less cash on hand and less potential to raise cash and I expect they will open after CCL and RCL simply to avoid the expense of staffing up and preparing to sail and then having to suspend business.  I think that small chance of sailing is too much for them to risk.  Bottom line is one of the three have to go first and I don't expect them to sail at the same time.

For anyone that has been paying attention since the start of this we know what is coming next. 

This isn’t the first time they have done this. Yes I believe that when cruises come back they will be controlled by capacity. However once Carnival starts pulling whole chunks of bookings they aren’t doing it for capacity sake. They are doing it because they don’t want to have to refund anyone else that books a cruise they now know they are going to cancel.

We will get info from Carnival by the end of the week more than likely about the cancellations of the cruises they pulled.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, slavens_09 said:

For anyone that has been paying attention since the start of this we know what is coming next. 

This isn’t the first time they have done this. Yes I believe that when cruises come back they will be controlled by capacity. However once Carnival starts pulling whole chunks of bookings they aren’t doing it for capacity sake. They are doing it because they don’t want to have to refund anyone else that books a cruise they now know they are going to cancel.

We will get info from Carnival by the end of the week more than likely about the cancellations of the cruises they pulled.

As much as it pains me, I think you are right. UGH, y'all I am tired of this madness.

1 hour ago, PaulMedik said:

NCL has less cash on hand and less potential to raise cash and I expect they will open after CCL and RCL simply to avoid the expense of staffing up and preparing to sail and then having to suspend business.  I think that small chance of sailing is too much for them to risk.  Bottom line is one of the three have to go first and I don't expect them to sail at the same time.

While I agree with your bottom line about someone having to go first, stock information I have seen has said that NCL has enough cash liquidity to sustain them longer than Carnival. Probably because of less general expense than Carnival.

49 minutes ago, slavens_09 said:

Yes, that is exactly what has happened with previous cancellations.  I hope it is this week.  Final payment for our September cruise is due Sunday.  Really don't won't to send that in right now.  Was it the last round of cancellations where they were supposed to announce on Friday, but pushed it back to Monday?

10 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

What do you think  what will happen?   I believe that Carnival will extend it through early Fall.. 

Cases are rising as more and more places open, then as we enter fall with schools welcome back students which will be incubators and huge pools of infected, they will all return home to infect their parents.

I figure December will be the second big wave with deaths coming soon after.

Already seeing the increase, can't imagine with fall sports and schools what December and January will be like.  Also we aint' China where we will lock down hard. 

Nope it'll push to next year, the cruise companies will be burning thru their credit and cutting staff even more

new cases.JPG

58 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

While I agree with your bottom line about someone having to go first, stock information I have seen has said that NCL has enough cash liquidity to sustain them longer than Carnival. Probably because of less general expense than Carnival.

Correct, Carnival is in the worst financial shape among the major cruise lines but they all have a trip to some sort of bankruptcy/reorganization coming. There is going to be reduced demand and consolidation without a doubt.

The reason NCL went ahead and cancelled is because of CDC demands and protocols for both resuming cruising and getting crew back. However, they will not start processing refunds until July 6th for the Aug. and Sept cancellations. 2nd quarter financial ends June 30 so obviously they are going to be pushing the bad cash position they are in out to 3rd quarter. It will get even worse later in the year.

Here is an article on the bad position the cruise lines are in with the CDC and why all cruise lines are going to cancel Aug/Sept cruises and most likely a lot later.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/norwegian-cruise-investors-can-blame-the-cdc-for-extended-cruise-suspensions-analyst-says-2020-06-17?mod=mw_quote_news

8 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Correct, Carnival is in the worst financial shape among the major cruise lines but they all have a trip to some sort of bankruptcy/reorganization coming. There is going to be reduced demand and consolidation without a doubt.

The reason NCL went ahead and cancelled is because of CDC demands and protocols for both resuming cruising and getting crew back. However, they will not start processing refunds until July 6th for the Aug. and Sept cancellations. 2nd quarter financial ends June 30 so obviously they are going to be pushing the bad cash position they are in out to 3rd quarter. It will get even worse later in the year.

Here is an article on the bad position the cruise lines are in with the CDC and why all cruise lines are going to cancel Aug/Sept cruises and most likely a lot later.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/norwegian-cruise-investors-can-blame-the-cdc-for-extended-cruise-suspensions-analyst-says-2020-06-17?mod=mw_quote_news

Your opinion only. And I counter back with articles from the same website you quoted:

"A careful analysis of Carnival's liquidity position reveals the company can remain solvent with zero revenue through the end of this year."

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4354394-carnival-ceo-opens-up-future-and-i-remain-invested-despite-uncertainty?mod=mw_quote_news