The problem with FCC...

TPgal

17 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Also do you think NCL would file bankruptcy, cause everyone to lose their money, restart and think all is well? I personally would not want poed people on my expensive ship.

Steve

????    You think it’s a random decision???

I think we can all see from the various opinions that much has to do with how often and how soon you expect to cruise in the future.  While I did put the minimum deposit on a cruise that sails a year from now that does not mean I will actually take that cruise.  I might go hiking in Switzerland instead.  Therefore, I do not want to apply FCC to it nor spend additional money at this point to insure it.  I always buy excellent third party insurance, make final payment and buy airfare all on the same day, at the 120 day mark.   Until about a month ago the "correct insurance" (Cancel for Any Reason) was not sold in NY due to some state regulation.  Even so, trying to get an insurance company to honor a claim can be an even worse experience than trying to get a cruise company refund.  Again, if you expect to be able to use the FCC soon and the math works then that's great. 

4 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

????    You think it’s a random decision???

Too a point yes.

There is a point months in advance that they will know the end is near. But with those months knowledge, will they stop selling cruises? Stop taking people's money? 

They always have the option like CCL did to raise cash at high rates.

But it gets to a point when they can see their bottom line increase by wiping out debt, rather than dealing with it. If they file, I would like to see them broke into pieces and sold.

They have big assets. The home ports are worth a fortune.

Steve

I got an FCC with another cruise line yesterday and we already used it to book the same cruise around the same time but we upgraded the cabin with the difference. What bothers me is that I’m still waiting for NCL credits. Now I have several credits, they are taking a long time to redeem them, one is due On 12/20 and it’s getting harder to keep track of them.

8 hours ago, Viajera7 said:

I got an FCC with another cruise line yesterday and we already used it to book the same cruise around the same time but we upgraded the cabin with the difference. What bothers me is that I’m still waiting for NCL credits. Now I have several credits, they are taking a long time to redeem them, one is due On 12/20 and it’s getting harder to keep track of them.

Easy way to keep track is to do a mock booking and choose a haven. When you get to the payment screen, all FCC amounts and dates appear.

Steve

On 6/26/2020 at 9:31 AM, Travelling2Some said:

Ha!  I've got a spreadsheet on my fridge tracking refunds.  Two cruise lines, four different airlines, and about 20 hotels/B&Bs/airb&bs.  Its a flippin' part time job!

😁👍 Good ideas! I also had tried the mock booking but not with the Haven cabin so it didn’t show the FCCs.

2 hours ago, marial_gumby said:

I have also noticed if you login to My NCL and look at "My Account", it shows any cruises you have booked and any coupons and credits you have. 

Its incomplete.

Mine shows 4 items, but if I do a mock Haven booking it shows 9 items.

Steve

On 6/17/2020 at 6:06 PM, Travelling2Some said:

My first reaction back in very early March was to quickly book a 2021 cruise precisely because I suspected NCL would raise prices to make up for all the FCC.  As you say, one of the problems with accepting FCC is that NCL has total control over future pricing.  They other problem with FCC that concerned me was the possibility of bankruptcy (them, not me).  Not being an "angel investor" I booked a cruise but still insisted on a cash refund rather than FCC.  Now I can either take the cruise I booked or spend my money elsewhere.  Only God and your mama give you stuff for free, lol.  There is never a free lunch and a bird in the hand is better than one in the bush.

We did the same thing, booking half a dozen cruises in March, mostly for 2021 but a couple for Fall 2020.  The prices of most began to rise soon after we booked them.  Interestingly, however, the 5 Day Sky from Miami to the Bahamas scheduled for this October has seen two or three price drops since March.  Our B2B Pearl New England / Canada cruises have already been cancelled by NCL, and we may drop the Sky before the penalty date at the end of July, but we're still looking pretty on an April Jade Transatlantic, a May Spirit Mediterranean, and a June Sun Alaska.  The prices of each of those have skyrocketed since March.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:18 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Its incomplete.

Steve

There is a "click here for complete list" button near the bottom of your "My NCL" page.  You may be able to see them all if you click that.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:18 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Its incomplete.

Steve

Doesn’t make sense?     Latitude accounts initially  show up to 4 entries.  The drop down gives you the complete list.    

On 6/30/2020 at 3:43 PM, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I don't know about any one elses experience but we took the FCC on an Alaska cruise that was cancelled.

We got enough of a credit to pay, in full, for the replacement Alaska cruise with $3000 left over for another cruise.

Great for you.     But it doesn’t sound like you booked the same cruise inclusions    

17 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Doesn’t make sense?     Latitude accounts initially  show up to 4 entries.  The drop down gives you the complete list.    

It may work that way for you as a single cruiser.  It is not until you do a mock booking and input the other guests info does the whole picture come into play.

When I log into "my" ncl.com it only shows "mine"

Plus we have left over FCC from some we used and that remainder shows up on a mock booking. I am talking $18, $138, and small stuff like that.

Steve

17 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Great for you.     But it doesn’t sound like you booked the same cruise inclusions    

Why not?

If poster booked a Haven for $12,000   they could have rebooked the same for $12,000 and still have the $3000 FCC value.

When my Spirit cruise was cancelled , I was able to rebook the same cruise for a year later for much less thanks to a 25% discount offer and the FCC. I had the same cruise,plus about $2300 left over FCC at the time.

Steve

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It may work that way for you as a single cruiser.  It is not until you do a mock booking and input the other guests info does the whole picture come into play.

When I log into "my" ncl.com it only shows "mine"

Plus we have left over FCC from some we used and that remainder shows up on a mock booking. I am talking $18, $138, and small stuff like that.

Steve

Latitudes accounts are per person.  Each has their own.  Of course when another account is added their credits are added.   You’re saying there are somehow phantom amounts that only show up when mock bookings are made with  another guest ?   And these aren’t listed under any individual account if you access it?    

I benefited from the first cancel to the second. had that gone i had much more perks the same room same days and fcc left over.   the 3rd cancel in sept , not so much so im playing the waiting game.  i suspect they have pushed those who can get a refund on this wave of cancels toward a refund instead of rebooking. 

24 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

I had my cruise in April cancelled, I chose FCC and then booked for November and December cruises, if these are cancelled can I request a refund?

Nope.   Refer to the detailed terms at the top of the NCL website.    

26 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

I had my cruise in April cancelled, I chose FCC and then booked for November and December cruises, if these are cancelled can I request a refund?

And you’re booked  on the Star?    I see that a greater chance of cancelling than sailing.   🤩

2 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Nope.   Refer to the detailed terms at the top of the NCL website.    

Dang, what about the final payment I'll have to do? that's not refundable either?

Just now, Budget Queen said:

And you’re booked o. the Star?    I see that a greater chance of cancelling than sailing.   🤩

Yes the Star, both Europe and the transatlantic

7 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

Dang, what about the final payment I'll have to do? that's not refundable either?

Yes the Star, both Europe and the transatlantic

What are your terms?   You booked via Uruguay?  

In the US,-   Before final payment it’s cash refunds-   No future cruise credit.    

Any CASH payment you apply to the Star-  is refundable-  pay attention to the dates you have to summit by.