Rhapsody summer homeport change Venice -> Ravenna

9 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

When I booked my "Venice" cruise last week the RCI rep wanted to charge me for the shuttle.  I had to point out that it should be free.  Took him 5 minutes to find out I was correct and he wasn't.  They don't all know about the transfers.

Question:   For those who have the transfer is it normally listed on your invoice?

If you purchase a transfer yes it shows on your invoice .

A complimentary shuttle is that, you rock up , join the line and join the bus though somewhere in the print for port info on your cruise docs.  it may say something about the free shuttle and instructions on what to do to join it . 

Edited by heatherb1958

2 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

If you purchase a transfer yes it shows on your invoice .

A complimentary shuttle is that, you rock up , join the line and join the bus though somewhere in the print for port info it may say something about the free shuttle and instructions on what to do to join it . 

I still wonder how they are going to know how many busses to have at the airport in case all 2000+ passengers decide to “rock up” ( love it!) .... We’re going to need a bigger bus.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

I still wonder how they are going to know how many busses to have at the airport in case all 2000+ passengers decide to “rock up” ( love it!) .... We’re going to need a bigger bus.....

This is why I am keeping with the paid transfer . We booked it for convenience , getting too old , I know 61 isn’t old these days , but believe me when I am doing all the humping of luggage by the time I get to the ship I am pooped and for the sake of a few quid ! .

Now that the port has changed to a longer journey that paid transfer is going to have more CVD. 😆 😆

CVD = Cruise Value Dollar 

Edited by heatherb1958

8 hours ago, chrob said:

My husband and I also never received any notification from RCCL and after reading this post I contacted them yesterday and they managed to send me a copy of someone else's email but showing a different itinerary and date on Rhapsody, but said the information is the same for all Rhapsody sailings out of Venice next year.

Does anyone know how much a paid transfer will cost pp and what the difference is between a paid transfer and the complementary shuttle being offered?

With a paid transfer your name will be on a list , maybe ,or at least  you will have a voucher to hand in to reps at the airport but the main thing is you are guaranteed a seat on a particular bus . 
With a complimentary shuttle , unless you are on a RCI packaged flight , you will be guided to a bus with all others and depending on numbers when you arrive who knows how it will run. I have a feeling if you are on a RCI packaged flight as they know you are due to arrive they will possibly have a bus labelled for your flight , like hotel holiday packages . I am just guessing all this  but one thing I know I can do is organise and that is what I would do. 

3 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

With a paid transfer your name will be on a list , maybe ,or at least  you will have a voucher to hand in to reps at the airport but the main thing is you are guaranteed a seat on a particular bus . 
With a complimentary shuttle , unless you are on a RCI packaged flight , you will be guided to a bus with all others and depending on numbers when you arrive who knows how it will run. I have a feeling if you are on a RCI packaged flight as they know you are due to arrive they will possibly have a bus labelled for your flight , like hotel holiday packages . I am just guessing all this  but one thing I know I can do is organise and that is what I would do. 

Thanks Heather.
We will be booking our own flights so think maybe a paid transfer may be a better option -depending on cost. Can I ask how much you paid for both your transfers and also how you added them onto your booking on the Rccl website.

20 minutes ago, chrob said:

Thanks Heather.
We will be booking our own flights so think maybe a paid transfer may be a better option -depending on cost. Can I ask how much you paid for both your transfers and also how you added them onto your booking on the Rccl website.

We  paid for the transfers during the booking process online directly with RCI , I think you may need to phone them to add them to your reservation . 
Cost - now here ‘s the thing. Our cruise for next year is a Lift and Shift from this year where the port should have been Venice . At the time the transfers seemed expensive , we have done DIY in Venice with the airport bus, people mover etc etc. but had free RCI flights so swings and roundabouts . We paid £46 pp return . 

Edited by heatherb1958

49 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

We  paid for the transfers during the booking process online directly with RCI , I think you may need to phone them to add them to your reservation . 
Cost - now here ‘s the thing. Our cruise for next year is a Lift and Shift from this year where the port should have been Venice . At the time the transfers seemed expensive , we have done DIY in Venice with the airport bus, people mover etc etc. but had free RCI flights so swings and roundabouts . We paid £46 pp return . 

Thanks for that Heather. Will contact Rccl and see what they say. 

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, reallyme said:

I find this interesting
"huttles headed to the ship will depart about every hour beginning at 8:00 AM, with the last one departing at 1:30 PM."

Um, 1:30 PM is not "every hour" if you start at 8:00.......

This is the duration of a traditional Italian hour for the workforce

15 hours ago, reallyme said:

I find this interesting
"huttles headed to the ship will depart about every hour beginning at 8:00 AM, with the last one departing at 1:30 PM."

Um, 1:30 PM is not "every hour" if you start at 8:00.......

Now you know what "about every hour" means.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:05 PM, heatherb1958 said:

This is why I am keeping with the paid transfer . We booked it for convenience , getting too old , I know 61 isn’t old these days , but believe me when I am doing all the humping of luggage by the time I get to the ship I am pooped and for the sake of a few quid ! .

Now that the port has changed to a longer journey that paid transfer is going to have more CVD. 😆 😆

CVD = Cruise Value Dollar 

You're only as old as you feel.

From my TA:

I can confirm that you are able to use the complimentary shuttles which will be in service on the embarkation date for your upcoming sailing. As you can see from the information provided from Royal Caribbean, their shuttles will be running on the 02.10.2020 between 8am until 1:30pm. You will need to make your way from your hotel back to the airport on the 2nd October in order to board the shuttles and will need to provide the attendants with your cruise boarding passes in order to get on board the service. We are advising passengers to try and get to the airport early to catch the first lot of shuttles departing as the majority of Royal Caribbean passengers arriving on the day of embarkations will arrive around noon which means the shuttles will fill up quickly and we want to avoid any disappointment.
Edited by little britain