How fast do you get FCC?

exm

I am booked on the 8/3 Oasis out of NJ and I am awaiting the cancellation notice. Want to use the 125% FCC to book a 2021 cruise. How quickly does RCL issue the FCC certificates? Am I getting the option for 125% for onboard purchases also?

6 minutes ago, exm said:

I am booked on the 8/3 Oasis out of NJ and I am awaiting the cancellation notice. Want to use the 125% FCC to book a 2021 cruise. How quickly does RCL issue the FCC certificates? Am I getting the option for 125% for onboard purchases also?

It varies.  Count on 60 days and be surprised if you get it earlier.

if Royal cancels you should get the option of 125% for cruise planner purchases...there is a link that you will need to follow to opt into that. 

the above is based on previous cancellation policies which may or may not be true in future cancellation policies. 

25 minutes ago, exm said:

Once RCI announces the compensation for the latest round of cancellations (due on Tuesday), you will know what your options will be (the 125%, although likely, is not a given).    In the past they have allowed TAs to put a long hold on future sailings for clients who were waiting for a FCC to be issued.

Still waiting for ours from March 10th.

We are on our 3rd supervisor call and waiting till this Wednesday the 24th for potentially our 4th Supervisor call if we don't receive this "infamous" FCC email - that I have no idea if it really exists. 

55 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

Once RCI announces the compensation for the latest round of cancellations (due on Tuesday), you will know what your options will be (the 125%, although likely, is not a given).    In the past they have allowed TAs to put a long hold on future sailings for clients who were waiting for a FCC to be issued.

if they don’t give me 125% FCC I will request for a refund. I don’t see them changing this policy.

I am surprised they are delaying FCC issuing, refunds I understand but they should encourage people to use their FCC as soon as possible, no?

52 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

We are on our 3rd supervisor call and waiting till this Wednesday the 24th for potentially our 4th Supervisor call if we don't receive this "infamous" FCC email - that I have no idea if it really exists. 

Wow that’s bad, and probably unusual. Good luck.

12 minutes ago, exm said:

Wow that’s bad, and probably unusual. Good luck.

Most of the confusion is from the timing of our cancellation.....it was done right before the 'update' to the current version of the CWC policy. 

When we cancelled - they were offering 50% cash back and 50% in FCC - we received our 50% cash back in April, but still no FCC. 

3 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

I got mine, E-mail took 7-8 weeks

Edited by ONECRUISER

We’re caught up on FCCs/Refunds through our July 12 cruise still waiting on one July and one September FCC. When RCL cancelled our May 17 cruise, we received the FCC/Refund email in about two weeks - after that one things really slowed down.

Edited by orville99

We got our FCC cert on 12 June for a cancelled 17 May cruise, with travel agent running interference, however, it has the wrong “sail by” date on it, so still trying to get that resolved. 

Its my my understanding that port fees/taxes, grats, and Cruise Planner charges are to be refunded (we still haven’t received that), so you get 125% FCC on the cruise fare itself, nothing else.