Beverage Packages - Current Pricing

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Your price for the water is much better than mine! But I don’t want Dasani anyway so I’ll drink the free Freestyle water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was a report that Rhapsody's freestyle machines no longer have the water function.  Who knows what the machines will be like when the ships start cruising again?

29 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There was a report that Rhapsody's freestyle machines no longer have the water function.  Who knows what the machines will be like when the ships start cruising again?

That is not good news! I only drink water and coffee...sometimes (rarely) iced tea.  A beverage package of any kind is a complete waste of money for me. 

5 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

That is not good news! I only drink water and coffee...sometimes (rarely) iced tea.  A beverage package of any kind is a complete waste of money for me. 

You can get water anywhere on the ship:  In any restaurant or bar. 

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You can get water anywhere on the ship:  In any restaurant or bar. 

I like to fill my 24-30 oz tumbler with ice water and carry it with me almost everywhere...do you think they would fill it up for me at a bar or restaurant? 

I was tempted with the coffee offer (15 speciality coffees for £21)...didn't know whether that was a good deal or not. I'll struggle to drink 15 so might not use them all. Would probably need to drink 5 to cover my costs.

9 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I like to fill my 24-30 oz tumbler with ice water and carry it with me almost everywhere...do you think they would fill it up for me at a bar or restaurant? 

Most bars have jugs of iced water sitting on the bar so you could fill your container yourself and then take to a restaurant with you. Of course that self service option may disappear post COVID. Most restaurants pour iced water as soon as you are seated.

• Like 1

From the posts I'm seeing here so far, it looks like the Princess Plus package is a good deal by comparison.  It's $51/ day including drink gratuities, and unlimited wifi for TWO passengers.  They also include the $29 / day for tips for two people in the package.

I hesitated to add that to our cruises, but it seems it was a decent decision.  I wish RCCL would have the all-inclusive package that Princess has:  all tips, drinks/grats, and wifi for two.

For a 10 night cruise the add-on was $800:  $29 tips; $51 drinks with grats, and unlimited wifi.

Edited by pcur

image.png.f714a38b0423d0f23f79c3e063e8b1ff.png

That's from the Australian Princess site.

Compared to our current booking on Ovation over Christmas/New Year, where we have the Deluxe Beverage package for $63.02, and the two device Voom package is $24.65

Princess = $117 per person, per day

RC = $75.35 per person, per day

Over a 13 night cruise, that's over $1000 difference for two people.

It also doesn't include tips on the Australian version, as they are included in the cruise fare.

Things may vary between sailings/countries/ships, but it certainly doesn't look like a good deal to me...

Edited by Balsam12