Bermuda cancelled till 10.31.20

I just received email from rcl that my bermuda sailing for october is cancelled.

As we already have 6 fccs I guess we will see what's available to switch to next fall or just do full refund.  

I wasnt expecting to hear this early about  an october sailing.

So we are scheduled to cruise out of Baltimore on Sept 25 and we are going to our one and only port - IN BERMUDA (Kings Wharf).  Since we are technically sailing AFTER the September 15 'no cruise' zone, will I be getting a notification that we are cancelled (And Bermuda is canceled until October 31) or, will we sail in circles and then come home?

3 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

So we are scheduled to cruise out of Baltimore on Sept 25 and we are going to our one and only port - IN BERMUDA (Kings Wharf).  Since we are technically sailing AFTER the September 15 'no cruise' zone, will I be getting a notification that we are cancelled (And Bermuda is canceled until October 31) or, will we sail in circles and then come home?

Yes. Was “maybe”. 😇

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

2 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Since we are technically sailing AFTER the September 15 'no cruise' zone, will I be getting a notification that we are cancelled (And Bermuda is canceled until October 31) or, will we sail in circles and then come home?

The announcement today included all Bermuda sailings through 10/31 - if you have not received a message about your sailing being cancelled, call to get your refund or find the link to do it online.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The announcement today included all Bermuda sailings through 10/30.

Yes - got that...check.  My question is will RCI cancel that sailing or try to go to another non closed port or sail in circles?

1 minute ago, bgoff60 said:

My question is will RCI cancel that sailing or try to go to another non closed port or sail in circles?

When RCI "suspends" a sailing, there are no substitutes, the sailings are cancelled.

25 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

My sailing was to depart on 10-17-20 for 5 night cruise with 2 days at kings wharf.   I received official cancellation email from RCL this morning around 9:00 am for my sailing on Adventure OTS.    States all sailings to bermuda up to 10/31/20 are cancelled.    So I am sure your sailing is also cancelled.    

We were booked for category 6b spacious ov balcony.   Looks like freedom ots is only sailing option for next sept or Oct but I dont see any 6b cabins.  Only 2 or 4b spacious ov balconies.  What's the difference?  Can I lift and shift I wonder.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My sailing was to depart on 10-17-20 for 5 night cruise with 2 days at kings wharf.   I received official cancellation email from RCL this morning around 9:00 am for my sailing on Adventure OTS.    States all sailings to bermuda up to 10/31/20 are cancelled.    So I am sure your sailing is also cancelled.    

Are the official cancellation emails coming from RCCL or a travel agent?

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

RCI, but you may not get one. Go to the RCI web page and there's a link there to request the refund.

Even if you booked through an agent? RCCL still shows my cruise as atcive.

Edited by djwool

21 minutes ago, djwool said:

Are the official cancellation emails coming from RCCL or a travel agent?

From RCCL.  I do not use a TA.    I received below email at 8:52 am this morning.    I didn't cut and paste the whole email as it goes into the options as shown on their website for FCC, L & S or refund.

image.png.a065def689adbacecc2f6cb662a8f855.png

32 minutes ago, djwool said:

Even if you booked through an agent? RCCL still shows my cruise as atcive.

I have had 5 or 6 cruises cancelled (losing track now) since March and it took awhile for each of them to be removed from my future cruises on website.     Not positive but it may stay there until you notify them how you want to handle your refund, do L & S or FCC at 125%.    

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

YUP!  Just got the email notice.  😞

I was booked on the Grandeur for Sep 26 but on May 6 I lift and shifted to Sep 18 2021. Got to keep my corner JS at a great price.

I was amusing myself this morning looking at Bermuda's travel restrictions.

Opening to air only July 1.

• Obtain a certified negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of departure 
  • Undergo COVID-19 testing at airport or accommodation (turnaround time eight to 24 hours)
  • Stay quarantined at hotel/accommodation until COVID-19 test results are delivered
  • Have temperature taken twice per day and results recorded

At least folk can now get refunds for the deposits without having to do final payment.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

I don't think there's great hope of even going next year... I'm in the camp that I'm not sure they'll be able to come up with a vaccine and if they do it will be limited efficacy and have to be renewed yearly or so... I really hope I'm wrong about that! I only have a $250 nonrefundable deposit on the cruise so I'm not sad I lift and shifted for the price I got to keep after 5 price reductions. The way Royal was going there was no way I was going to give them final payment.

I'll still hope cruising will happen in 15 months.

Edited by twins_to_alaska