Quantum/Plus Advice: Aft or no Aft

3 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Several JS's open on my upcoming Odyssey cruise.

Would you pick one of the aft facing ones on deck 12,  or those on the hump on 6 - 13  and why did you make your choice?

I loved the new Ultra class.  It has 4D aft balconies.  I had one booked for March break 2021 but traded up to an owners suite on Symphony instead.  Maybe in 2023 I'll try for that aft again.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

53 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Would you pick one of the aft facing ones on deck 12,  or those on the hump on 6 - 13  and why did you make your choice?

The long walk back there gets real old - only if you are an aft aficionado would that make sense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Several JS's open on my upcoming Odyssey cruise.

If you don't mind the walk, go with the aft. The aft cabins seem to have deeper balconies if that matters to you. In looking at the deck plans, it appears that decks 8, 10 then 12 have the deeper balconies (see some of the photos Lloyd posted in the construction thread or photos videos of Spectrum). Also, I think the aft cabin area is quieter than the hump area where lots of people are passing by for the elevators. They appear to have great views. I have never sailed in an aft cabin before but have an aft JS booked on Odyssey.  

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The long walk back there gets real old - only if you are an aft aficionado would that make sense.

That long walk to your cabin means two things: 

Less traffic back there, so fewer people walking by, "chatting" at the top of their lungs at 1 a.m.

More exercise = more drinks (or desserts, if that's your preference)

(and of course, awesome balconies)

😉