Losing faith in Princess

2 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

My refund from the TA took around 2 weeks for our April Princess cruise. Good luck with you refund.

To be fair to the TA, my refund could have come back into my account in the last few days. We haven't checked for several days, but should do so.

• 2 weeks later...

I cancelled our Princess  February 2021 Tasmania cruise, since we were not prepared to risk our health with the pandemic flare-ups and a vaccine not forthcoming in time. That was 127 days ago. The deposit was a full one (over a grand and via a TA). Does anyone thing we'll see this before Christmas?

52 minutes ago, Kinkacruiser said:

I cancelled our Princess  February 2021 Tasmania cruise, since we were not prepared to risk our health with the pandemic flare-ups and a vaccine not forthcoming in time. That was 127 days ago. The deposit was a full one (over a grand and via a TA). Does anyone thing we'll see this before Christmas?

It is possible, Good Luck. 🤞

1 hour ago, Kinkacruiser said:

I think it is likely. From you post, you cancelled four months ago so my guess is that the refund will come within a couple of months' time, but refunds don't seem to follow a pattern. I was offered a refund of the deposit on my 2nd July cruise about two months ago (but opted to leave it with Princess), whereas the refund of the full payment on 7th April cruise was refunded to the TA close to two weeks ago. They have yet to 'process' it.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think it is likely. From you post, you cancelled four months ago so my guess is that the refund will come within a couple of months' time, but refunds don't seem to follow a pattern. I was offered a refund of the deposit on my 2nd July cruise about two months ago (but opted to leave it with Princess), whereas the refund of the full payment on 7th April cruise was refunded to the TA close to two weeks ago. They have yet to 'process' it.

Thank for your replies. Sounds like the "Princess cancelled" cruises will always take priority for refunds, while the "client cancelled " ones will have to wait for around final payment time??  December is looking more likely for our cancelled Feb 2021 cruise. Alas, these are trying times and there's not much we can do about it.😢

Edited by Kinkacruiser

6 hours ago, Kinkacruiser said:

I received my refund last week, for a cruise which was supposed to start on 14th March - and was cancelled while the Sailaway party was in progress.  It took just over 4 months, but the money finally hit my bank account last week.

I would assume that Princess are taking similar processing times, working their way through all of their cancellations.

Right now the cruising industry is one big Ponzi scheme - taking money from new bookings, in order to pay people who have already cancelled.

Posting here and your good vibes paid off 😊 and I received that deposit today. Now for the overseas cruises to open up so we can complete our bucket list...hopefully 2021???

Happy days.🤑

Posting here and your good vibes paid off 😊 and I received that deposit today. Now for the overseas cruises to open up so we can complete our bucket list...hopefully 2021???

Fingers crossed for your future plans . With the way things are going , it might pay to get bucket list No 2 underway as well . 😉