Losing faith in Princess

Don’t know if anyone had the same feeling as I do but I can’t understand why Princes are still selling cruises less  than 60 days away when there is no chance of them sailing unless it’s just to collect more  money so they can pay monies owing to others for cancelled cruises.!!

There are still cruise ships floating around in the bay in the Philippines with crew that have not been able to get home yet so where are they going to find crew for all these cruises advertised.

I am fairly new to cruising and loving it but as I said  losing faith.

Trying-to be cheerful
 Carole

19 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Don’t know if anyone had the same feeling as I do but I can’t understand why Princes are still selling cruises less  than 60 days away when there is no chance of them sailing unless it’s just to collect more  money so they can pay monies owing to others for cancelled cruises.!!

There are still cruise ships floating around in the bay in the Philippines with crew that have not been able to get home yet so where are they going to find crew for all these cruises advertised.

I am fairly new to cruising and loving it but as I said  losing faith.

Trying-to be cheerful
 Carole

We are all disappointed Carole . Take that Belgium shepherd (I forgot the name ? )and book a nice room somewhere, a little get away.

Two reasons, I think.

1. They want to keep their options open, hoping a miracle might occur.

2. They need to spread the load of cancellations, they are already swamped. If cruises disappeared off the booking list before they officially cancelled them they would be pestered by people demanding to know what was happening. 

These are very unusual times. I think all the cruise lines are like ducks - trying to remain calm on the surface while paddling madly underneath.

We need to do our part to help them survive this pandemic by understanding that they have no control over what is happening and are fighting to survive. Unfortunately they can't just wave a magic wand and make cruising happen again soon. I really wish they could though. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We are all disappointed Carole . Take that Belgium shepherd (I forgot the name ? )and book a nice room somewhere, a little get away.

Lol, done exactly that Chiliburn, ,will be cruising the Hervey Bay watching the Whales in August.

Porcha is not allowed.

Cheers Carole

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We need to do our part to help them survive this pandemic by understanding that they have no control over what is happening and are fighting to survive. Unfortunately they can't just wave a magic wand and make cruising happen again soon. I really wish they could though. 

Understand that and it is really sad for all the tourism but it still annoys me.

Cheers Carole

5 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Understand that and it is really sad for all the tourism but it still annoys me.

Cheers Carole

It's not just Princess either. I thin k most of the cruuse lines are doing the same thing. I see it more as frustrating than annoying since the whole situation isn't of their making. But, yeah, I do know how you feel. 

I feel just as frustrated by the various state border closures but I understand why. Even more so with all the new cases in Melbourne, and a new case, possible community transfer, in the part of Sydney I live in. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I feel just as frustrated by the various state border closures but I understand why. Even more so with all the new cases in Melbourne, and a new case, possible community transfer, in the part of Sydney I live in. 

'I haven’t seen my daughter and family in Byron Bay since all this began trying to do the right thing and had to witness the protests on TV with people not giving a damn when I would have loved a hug from them.

Think it will be a long long time before we go to sleep listening to the ocean ,hope Im wrong though.

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

We have a friend who, 2 days ago, paid the balance of his fare on PO cruise from Singapore to Brisbane in October. Was told full payment had to be made 75 days before sail date. I see this has now been changed to 30 days prior. If you want to cancel they are only offering a credit.

1 hour ago, valantine80 said:

We have a friend who, 2 days ago, paid the balance of his fare on PO cruise from Singapore to Brisbane in October.

Did they tell him how he was going to get to Singapore?

3 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

trying to do the right thing and had to witness the protests on TV with people not giving a damn

To be fair, they gave a damn about aboriginals (and others) dying. So it's not like they didn't give a damn at all.

11 hours ago, valantine80 said:

We have a friend who, 2 days ago, paid the balance of his fare on PO cruise from Singapore to Brisbane in October. Was told full payment had to be made 75 days before sail date. I see this has now been changed to 30 days prior. If you want to cancel they are only offering a credit.

They have had the 30 day payment date for October cruising for a while. So your friend didn't need to pay the balance two days ago. They should have checked.

11 hours ago, valantine80 said:

I feel it would not be wise to pay the balance on a cruise fare at this time. It is very unlikely that a cruise from Singapore will go ahead in October. We have a NZ cruise booked for late November and definitely will not be paying the balance.

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I feel it would not be wise to pay the balance on a cruise fare at this time. It is very unlikely that a cruise from Singapore will go ahead in October. We have a NZ cruise booked for late November and definitely will not be paying the balance.

No neither would I, my cruise isn’t till March but I doubt it will happen I have only paid FCD on it but also my FCC from my Majestic last Feb is sitting on it.

Wondering when the time comes to pay balance and I decide not to if I should be able to keep the credit I have .

Cheers Carole

44 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

No neither would I, my cruise isn’t till March but I doubt it will happen I have only paid FCD on it but also my FCC from my Majestic last Feb is sitting on it.

Wondering when the time comes to pay balance and I decide not to if I should be able to keep the credit I have .

Cheers Carole

Yes, you can.  I cancelled a July cruise and the FCD and my FCC just went back to sitting in my Princess Account.   However, my FCD is only useable till end of February, so I wonder if it will be extended if I don't use it by then.   I also have one from Celebrity that I can use until end of 2021 just sitting in the account.   I have a cruise booked for January on Princess that has a deposit on it but unless the ships are back by end of November, I won't be making the final payment.   I am not paying for anything anymore until the ships are back.

I think we have a better chance of cruising if the cruise companies just concentrated on Australian cruises for Aussies.   Don't care about any bubbles or going overseas.   I feel safer travelling around Australia and if we do get sick, we are put off the next port in an Australian Hospital.   Who is going to  insure us when if we are in an overseas country while the virus is still lurking.

3 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Yes, you can.  I cancelled a July cruise and the FCD and my FCC just went back to sitting in my Princess Account.   However, my FCD is only useable till end of February, so I wonder if it will be extended if I don't use it by then.   I also have one from Celebrity that I can use until end of 2021 just sitting in the account.   I have a cruise booked for January on Princess that has a deposit on it but unless the ships are back by end of November, I won't be making the final payment.   I am not paying for anything anymore until the ships are back.

I think we have a better chance of cruising if the cruise companies just concentrated on Australian cruises for Aussies.   Don't care about any bubbles or going overseas.   I feel safer travelling around Australia and if we do get sick, we are put off the next port in an Australian Hospital.   Who is going to  insure us when if we are in an overseas country while the virus is still lurking.

Rassa my FCC Expires in March so will be interesting to see if the cruise doesn’t go what happens.

Hope it does go it’s Northern Explorer and was really looking forward to it.

Cheers Carole

I understand....  These are bad times for the Tourist Industry ....

And one wants a light at the end to plan and give hope

I checked on the web site the earliest Princess cruise in our waters in 19 Sep 20...

7 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Fingers Crossed...you are right....We have two cruises book Oct and Nov.... our TA is thinking the same way and says she hoping to find out more in two weeks.......

Cheers Don

• Like 1

I think the cruise lines are dishonest requesting final payment from passengers, when they know the cruises won't be sailing, at that time and selling new cruises when they don't know what ports will be open.  Australia's borders are closed!

In addition, they know they still haven't got all their crew home.  Let along getting new crews to ships in SEAsia/Australia. 

Qantas yesterday said they have parked their A380s for three years and international flights won't be happening until July 2021.  They have just put off 6,000 staff and have 15,000 staff on furlough.  

Edited by MMDown Under

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

Rassa my FCC Expires in March so will be interesting to see if the cruise doesn’t go what happens.

Hope it does go it’s Northern Explorer and was really looking forward to it.

Cheers Carole

Fingers and toes crossed for you Carole that it goes.  My July cruise was a Northern Explorer and was so disappointed.

• Thanks 1

We're booked on the full Round Australia cruise from Sydney 19th Sept but I'm expecting it to be cancelled very soon. I'd love for it to go ahead but I think there is zero chance, especially given the attitude of our governments to cruise ships. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I think the cruise lines are dishonest requesting final payment from passengers, when they know the cruises won't be sailing, at that time and selling new cruises when they don't know what ports will be open.  Australia's borders are closed!

I don't think cruise lines are been dishonest, for the fact that the Australia and New Zealand government have not said how long the borders will be closed for (Apart from one minsters option and a option of a CEO of a airline) the NZ & Australia PM's or the Australia Border Force, have not said anything.

In-till the Australia Border Force make another update, the cruise lines have to guess that they could start sailing again in late September or early October.

6 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I don't think cruise lines are been dishonest, for the fact that the Australia and New Zealand government have not said how long the borders will be closed for

Except that P & O emailed me about a fortnight ago and asked if I would like to make a payment for a cruise in November. I emailed back and said why, when the balance is not due until September and I don't know if it will go ahead?  I felt like they thought I had no idea about the situation. If they wanted more money they should have offered an incentive like HAL did ( $250 OBC).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're booked on the full Round Australia cruise from Sydney 19th Sept but I'm expecting it to be cancelled very soon. I'd love for it to go ahead but I think there is zero chance, especially given the attitude of our governments to cruise ships. 

I will say the Princess prayer for you, altogether now...first line...'Escape Completely and Come Back New.'   I do hope your cruise sails, masks or no masks.  We did the Australia circumnavigation in 2009 on Sun Princess, when she first arrived in Straya, it was wonderful.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I will say the Princess prayer for you, altogether now...first line...'Escape Completely and Come Back New.'   I do hope your cruise sails, masks or no masks.  We did the Australia circumnavigation in 2009 on Sun Princess, when she first arrived in Straya, it was wonderful.

Thanks, Les. We've been wanting to do that one for a while but it's always been a bit expensive, per person per day, than other cruises so the other cruises got chosen first. The fares on Sapphire Princess were great and that cruise is two days longer than usual. But with less than three months to embarkation I can't see the Australian ports opening to cruise ships by then. Hopefully there will be a chance to do it in the future if that one is canned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But with less than three months to embarkation I can't see the Australian ports opening to cruise ships by then. Hopefully there will be a chance to do it in the future if that one is canned.

I do hope for your sake it goes ahead and they don’t cancel but would be interested to know how far in advance they cancel if the worst happens

Cheers Carole